Obama Thanks Supporters After Winning Re-Election

News_Editor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for the world, good for most Americans. Congratulations President Obama and thank you, American voters!!!

Why is this good for the world? I would like to understand your reasoning behind that assertion.

Sure. There are 2 reasons I can think of straight off the bat:

1) A more operational reason - it won't take a new president a year or so to get to know foreign leaders and situations before becoming amenable to them.

2) An ideological/strategic reason - less isolationist and nationalistic policies will continue to see engagement with foreign countries rather than escalating conflict, diplomatic and otherwise.

Edited by 15Peter20
  • Like 1

Good for the world, good for most Americans. Congratulations President Obama and thank you, American voters!!!

Why is this good for the world? I would like to understand your reasoning behind that assertion.

Simple answer: Obama is better suited, on several levels, for dealing with international relations. The articulate answer could go on for volumes. Granted, Romney might be ok for dealing with most int'l events and incidents. Yet (for starters) Obama has a cool-headed, intelligent and likeable Sec. of State in Ms Clinton. Who would Romney have appointed? Powell? No chance, he was already burned badly once by Bush Jr. and Cheney. Look at who Romney picked as running mate. Scary and unpredictable are the the nicest adjectives I can peg on Ryan. I hope the Republicans run Ryan in 2016, then whomever is his opponent (Michelle?) will have a walk-over.

• Like 1

The two party system hardly represents the story of the US. Republicans are still in the mind set of the 50's. The republican party represents the white people and the 1% wealthy of the US not the minority's, gays/lesbian, immigrants, middle class. Until there is more than a two party system that is allowed to fully participate in media and debates, again this does not fully represent what the US stands for.

Obama is a better fit right now than Romney but as one can see by the numbers the US is heavily divided.

well world war 3 is a bit further away for one thing.

I am not sure if the American people know what they are in for. This guy has the potential to cripple the world economy, with his failed policies. Quantitative easing is simply a cowards way to deal with tomorrows problem today. It does nothing to address the root causes of the problems, nor does it address the deficit, and this guy has become addicted to deficit spending, like a crack whore is addicted to crack. If the same rate of deficit spending continues, we will be looking at 24 to 25 trillion, by the end of the next four years. How one earth is the US going to address that? What if the countries that are supporting our deficit spending lose faith? What then?

Sounds like you're referring to Bush Jr.

If you think Obama's spending habits are derelict, you should be sorely glad that McCain didn't get the job in 2008 and that Romney and Ryan aren't going to the White house in January. Any of those big spenders (always using money borrowed from other people) would render the US in worse shape, plus they wouldn't have a clue how (or a willingness) to pay down the Nat'l debt.

I am not sure if the American people know what they are in for. This guy has the potential to cripple the world economy, with his failed policies. Quantitative easing is simply a cowards way to deal with tomorrows problem today. It does nothing to address the root causes of the problems, nor does it address the deficit, and this guy has become addicted to deficit spending, like a crack whore is addicted to crack. If the same rate of deficit spending continues, we will be looking at 24 to 25 trillion, by the end of the next four years. How one earth is the US going to address that? What if the countries that are supporting our deficit spending lose faith? What then?

I think I smell a sore loser.

I am not sure if the American people know what they are in for. This guy has the potential to cripple the world economy, with his failed policies. Quantitative easing is simply a cowards way to deal with tomorrows problem today.

You want to put off the problems?

BTW QE is a reasonable tactic among others.

It puts downward pressure on the $ and reduces money going abroad and makes exports more competitive.....very modestly.

It is essentially a modest tax across the board on those who have wealth in cash or earnings.

You know a fairer way to pay back the excess of previous years?

Edited by cheeryble

Barone: Going out on a limb: Romney beats Obama, handily

In recent weeks and days there have been soooooo many articles like the one above. This guy, Michael Barone is Senior Political Analyst for The Washington Examiner newspaper, puclishes his mega-wishful-drivel that his man Romney would sweep every remotely close state in the Union. He was so wrong, it's almost laughable. Let me make a prediction about the predictor: He and so many other right wingers who allowed their dogma to get run over by karma, will come out in ensuing weeks with endless bellyaching excuses and yet more (wishful) predictions of how bad things will have to be for Obama and Americans in general.

Another guy that needs to read some before he posts....FYI...The President has no say so over Quantitative Easing and congress controls the purse strings/funding for all laws passed.

well world war 3 is a bit further away for one thing.

I hope you're right.

OOOHH!!

YUKK!!

Mean spirited FOX doesn't show the high point of the day, the new President coming out on stage with his family, but stays firmly on the stuffed shirt + modest miniskirt in their vulgar studio.

Christ!

Obama's making his speech and FOX is still in the studio!

Two minutes later:

STILL THERE!

They're ignoring the PResident's speech!

Two more minutes later:

They're STILL IGNORING the president's speech.

It's unbelievable........and Fox is the main news source for 45% of America....Sad

Three more minutes later:

Fox news goes to a roving reporter showing how votes are counted in an election centre.

Looks like he's suggesting there are "disturbing reports" of some people being double counted.

Oh and some machines were broken down.

Meanwhile the President of the USA makes his acceptance speech.....obviously not worth showing.

Ohhh more words "potential fraud"

Ohhh it must have been a fix

Edited by cheeryble

Simple answer: Obama is better suited, on several levels, for dealing with international relations. The articulate answer could go on for volumes. Granted, Romney might be ok for dealing with most int'l events and incidents. Yet (for starters) Obama has a cool-headed, intelligent and likeable Sec. of State in Ms Clinton. Who would Romney have appointed? Powell? No chance, he was already burned badly once by Bush Jr. and Cheney. Look at who Romney picked as running mate. Scary and unpredictable are the the nicest adjectives I can peg on Ryan. I hope the Republicans run Ryan in 2016, then whomever is his opponent (Michelle?) will have a walk-over.

Thank you. Interesting comments. Let's hope Obama / Clinton do a good job and help stabalise a world that seems to be rife with wars, disagreements and fundamental differences. We won't know how Romney would've performed now, but there is definetly a need for a good solid team.

My little song to Republicans who wishfully thought their men would stomp: (pardon me, Carly Simon)

"You're so wrong, you probably think this song is about you. "

"You're so wrong, you probably think this song is about you, don't you, don't you?!"

........Well, it is about you. All predictions of a Romney romp were flat out wrong.

I dont like Obama, I dont think he did anything to earn re-election, and I am worried he will bury us in debt.

That being said, for my county's sake I wish him well in the next four years. I really hope that he can work with congress and get the things done that need to be done and not argue over ideology.

This is what I hope, but his record leads me to believe I will be disappointed.

• Like 2