International Drivers Licence Translation

Khun Jean

Look! One of you is confused or maybe both, or maybe you are confusing the lady. You DO Not need any drivers license or translation to get a license!! Just take the test, like all Thai and farang do, you dont need any translation! I also have a drivers license from a weird language country, and the DLT would not except it, without an official translation, from the embassy, just like you. So...I just took the test like everyone else, and that was THIS week.

I know that their english might not be so good, and your english might also not be so good, so that leads to lots of confusion, but it is only confusion, not the law. Just go in next week and tel them you want a drivers license, and leave out the story of this fiasco, that will only confuse them again.

Indeed, it is all a mix up. I already try to tell them that i don't have to translate when taking the test etc. I think i now the procedures pretty well as i tend to read a lot and prepare by calling them on the phone and even visit them to confirm the documents i need.

Ah, well. Next week another chance.

Now it is weekend! :)

I've just obtained my Thai licence, and no problems at all. Sure, I needed a residency form, doctor's certificate and international and Australian licence.

The only hiccup was that they thought the date on the cover was the expiry date and not the date of issue.

Once I told them that, they wrote 'issued' where it should have been and after a quick colour vision test, I got the licence.

Seems they have problems with het Nederlandse! smile.png