Grape Or Digging Fork,, Where Can I Find One

jonnyscot

Hi guys, I'm having difficulty in finding a grape or digging fork here in thailand for loosening/aerating the earth around our bamboo plants,,, I imagine ordering one in to the country online may be difficult, another option I thought of was to get one of the steelwork fabrication shops to make me one, but going by my track record in busting shovels etc I wouldn't be too confident on that lasting too long,, just wondering whether anyone has seen a Grape/digging fork in any of the Thai outlets??

Thanks

Jonny

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Not sur exactly what you are looking for. Look at the attachment. I have the tone with metal handle and the bottom one. Both bought at the local Ma and Pa hardware store in a small village near me. I have seen the one in the middle at Tesco, but very flimsy.

digging fork.doc

Not sur exactly what you are looking for. Look at the attachment. I have the tone with metal handle and the bottom one. Both bought at the local Ma and Pa hardware store in a small village near me. I have seen the one in the middle at Tesco, but very flimsy.

digging fork.doc

Looks like it was made for a dwarf to me. I worked as a landscaper for forty years and could never understand why English tools (shovels, forks, spades) had such short handles. Major source of back ache. I had a few English gardeners working for me and they would grasp the handles of my tools about half way down and refuse to stand up with a straight back to work.

Sorry guys can't seem to be able to open the link,, check the link below from Argos uk, that's the closest image I can match to what I'm looking for I appreciate it probably has many alternative names in various countries,,

not short handled but approx same dimensions as garden spade or shovel, I guess not so common in LOS due to the fact most Thais are more comfortable squating down with short handled tools,

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/7207239/Trail/searchtext%3EGARDEN+FORK.htm

Jonny

hmmm flying emirates, i wonder if i could sneak one in my golf bag for you

scotty

Hey Scotty, with a bit of luck I'll manage to get hold of one before your Emirates flight,, are you sure you'll be using the golf bag,, ??

Jonny

Never heard of a "grape fork," but I have a digging fork like the top picture in wayned's post and the picture on jonnyscot's. It is quite sturdy with a fiberglass handle. I bought it at HomePro in Phitsanulok. It is NOT with the tools. It is located in the gardening section with the water sprinklers and hose.

If your HomePro does not stock it; they can order it. Take a picture and somebody that can speak Thai and REFUSE to take no for an answer. Many times they are just plain lazy and say "mai mii." Call bullshit, smile and politely INSIST that they locate and order one for you. It cost 700 baht.

I also purchased a regular pitch fork (the kind you use to pitch hay or weeds) from True Value in BKK. True Value can order anything in the US True Value Hardware catalogue. Only problem with them if that the US price is marked up about 220%.

Thanks tongue thaied, they're not available in my local homepro nor in thaiwatsadu, but now that I know some homepro outlets stock them I'll try and see whether they can order one in for me,

, yep many different names I see from digging fork to pitch fork, but back in Scotland we usually call them a garden grape,, saves a bit of the backbreaking work aerating and breaking up the soil around the plants especially when the soil gets dry and hard,,,,,,

Now guess what the wife will be getting for her Xmas,,, hahaha,,, just joking,

Thanks again

Jonny

You learn something new every day it seems,, apparently my local home pro can order it for me,,, BUT only if I can give them the barcode,, even after showing them the photo,, It's not as though there are many different models to choose from,

unless tongue thaied has a recently purchased one with the barcode still intact and he'd be so kind as to send a pic of the barcode of the one purchased in home pro, it looks as though I'll have to revert back to the fabrication shop option,,

Thanks again guys

Jonny