Honda Forza 300Cc Scooter 2013 In Thailand?

MrJ

More wishful thinking? Engine is from SH300 which we also don't get.

Forza has been around in different guises since around 2006. If it was manufactured here one would think we would have seen it already.

To paraphrase "When in Rome buy what the Romans have".

• Like 1

Forza has been around in different guises since around 2006. If it was manufactured here one would think we would have seen it already.

But if its made in Vietnam then maybe we will get it as an ASEAN tax break thing :D

Here's hoping.

sent from my Q6

But if its made in Vietnam then maybe we will get it as an ASEAN tax break thing biggrin.png

Here's hoping.

sent from my Q6

If they change the 250 limit? Which they may not?

if we see cbr500, one day i am sure we will see a high displacement scooter here from Honda as Forza looks more like pcx now than before.!

And i am feeling like that day is also coming as Thai people like scooters and they can only get pcx as a mid size scoot or sym 400 for large size.

I am sure it will be a good sales for any big size scoot here with a displacement like 300 or 400 cc.

But if its made in Vietnam then maybe we will get it as an ASEAN tax break thing biggrin.png

Here's hoping.

sent from my Q6

just been changed to 500..........................................thats why we are getting the ....500biggrin.png

Here's hoping.

sent from my Q6

just been changed to 500..........................................thats why we are getting the ....500biggrin.png

What the over 250 extra excise tax? Or are we (Thailand) getting a 500 because it is made here in Thailand?

SYM scooter just changed their GTS250 from 250.6cc to 249cc surely they didn't do that just for 1.5 years worth of Asian sales?

Call me cynical but I'll reserve my excitement.

I never did understand the tax/duty/size business. I had understood that Asean nations (10 only, not Taiwan, India, or China - their treaties are separate) had dropped import duties among themselves on bikes below 250 cc. Am I to understand that Asean countries have raised that cc standard??? To 500cc???

Also, I had formed the impression that bigger bikes were taxed more, and that those above 250cc were more heavily taxed, even if built here in Thailand. Or perhaps registrations and annual sticker fees??

Be v. happy to know about these matters from someone sure of their numbers, percents, and facts.

Also, I had formed the impression that bigger bikes were taxed more, and that those above 250cc were more heavily taxed, even if built here in Thailand. Or perhaps registrations and annual sticker fees??

Basic everything is cheap here. Only when one needs to impress does the government collect the tax that most people haven't been paying hence the high taxes on luxury cars and bigger bikes etc....

Given that the bulk of Asean people will never be able to afford a large motorcycle and that most Asean countries don't produce them, I doubt the 250 limit will be increased. Although I hope to be proven wrong.