What Do You Consider Wealthy?

watcharacters

I recommend the same to young people I meet, rather than telling them to save money from an early age. When will they enjoy life if they think about saving money for retirement from the beginning? Anybody at age 20 or 25 already thinking about his retirement plan is weird IMHO.

Weird? I would say that anyone, once he's out of school and working, should be saving at least 10% of his money for a "rainy day." Everyone at all ages needs a savings account. If the rainy day winds up being retirement, so much the better.

Those who spend every dime they make and worse, go into debt at a young age are too often doomed to financial slavery forever. Saving is a habit best learned when young.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They say money is the route of all evil! I must admit, I sometimes wish that I was an evil person!

biggrin.png

One very rich guy once said: "It's better to cry in an Rolls Royce then in a VW Beetle" wink.png

Agree.I prefer being wealthy and miserable,then poor and miserable.................................Ive experienced both wink.png !!

I recommend the same to young people I meet, rather than telling them to save money from an early age. When will they enjoy life if they think about saving money for retirement from the beginning? Anybody at age 20 or 25 already thinking about his retirement plan is weird IMHO.

Weird? I would say that anyone, once he's out of school and working, should be saving at least 10% of his money for a "rainy day." Everyone at all ages needs a savings account. If the rainy day winds up being retirement, so much the better.

Those who spend every dime they make and worse, go into debt at a young age are too often doomed to financial slavery forever. Saving is a habit best learned when young.

Sure. I noticed your screen name is NeverSure.

Check out the Uncertainty Avoidance Index (UAI) for your country's culture over here: http://geert-hofstede.com/countries.html

I think more money doesn't mean more happy . I saw many rich people cry while them talk about theirs family so money garantee nothing . A millionaire with esophagus cancer still hungry , rich family with no time still unhappy . So wealthy is mean you have much money but garantee nothing too .

It is better to have and not need.

Than to need and not have.

People are the same with money and no money have ever on this Forum many believe they are better because they are as poor as Church Mouse.

What Do You Consider Wealthy?

Enough to live the rest of my life without working. Takes more than money, you need a realisation that money and the objects it buys are not important.

nice contradiction.

True. I've never been great at expressing myself.

It's not about the "objects". It's about having more choices and more freedom.

Education gives choices and freedom. For me money just brings greed and selfishness and the lack of freedom and choices that greed and selfishness brings.

Education gives choices and freedom. For me money just brings greed and selfishness and the lack of freedom and choices that greed and selfishness brings.

No (good) education without money. There you go! :)

that means you have no money and therefore you enjoy freedom and do not suffer from greed and selfishness, right? ermm.gif

i am missing the standard over and over posted questions/statements such as:

-why a house with more than one bedroom?

-i don't want to be rich! all rich people i know are old, unhappy and sick.

-money is the root of all evil!

-having too much money causes global warming.

-why a big car when a small car will do?

-why a car when a motorcycle will do?

-why a motorcycle when a bicycle will do?

-why a bicycle if one can walk?

what i would really enjoy is the question

"why two young mia nois when the Old Lady will do?"

laffing_dog.jpg

i am missing the standard over and over posted questions/statements such as:

-i don't want to be rich! all rich people i know are old, unhappy and sick.

-having too much money causes global warming.

-why a big car when a small car will do?

-why a car when a motorcycle will do?

-why a motorcycle when a bicycle will do?

-why a bicycle if one can walk?

what i would really enjoy is the question

"why two young mia nois when the Old Lady will do?"

laffing_dog.jpg

Please, move on, bro. Seriously, move on.

If you ever feel the need to discuss your bank balance (or wealth or assets) on an anonymous internet forum, then you are going very wrong in life.

Drop it, dude. Move on. You're just making an ass of yourself.

• Like 1

What's funny are the folks that try (almost immediately after gauging your approximate net worth) to badger you into increasing your charity and donations so you'll be a 'better/happier' person. It'll take more than that to close the gap.

smile.png

Edited by Heng

Poor people will tell you that well off rich people are greedy and miserable. Money is not important. The happiest people are poor and struggle to get along and they say that is great. Some well off people will gloat about how much money they have. Normal people who are just comfortable will happily go about their business and neither gloat nor tell you that being poor is wonderful. Being poor is NOT great or wonderful. Being wealthy may not be great in every case but it sure beats being poor.

• Like 1

Maybe you'd like some privacy for a roll in the hay?

The proper quote is "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

Many wealthy people are not evil. Many are. Many poor people are evil and many are not.

I am working in the Middle East making £100K per annum tax free on a month on month off rotation, after another 2 years there all i will be able to afford is a pokey little 70m2 house in SE England.

Think you need million or more to live comfortably and without money worries, if you have kids that is.

10 -15 years ago 40K a year was seen as a bloody good wage, now life would be a struggle if you were starting out needing to buy a property here in Blighty.

Edited by AntMan1

Try to have that love returned if you have no money. A lady has to be a little dim to accept a poor man and who could blame them for not wanting a poor man?

Actually I think many a man has had the love of a good woman when he had nothing else.

Many at some point in their life hit a bad patch. If the woman who supposedly loved

you leaves at that point she never loved you to begin with.

• Like 1