Tire Upgrades For Honda Wave 125I

Genericnic

Hi all. I have a year old Honda Wave 125i with the stock tires that came on it. I want to start getting farther afield and doing longer rides. For example, I live in Chiang Mai and would like to head to Sukhothai. Something with better road traction, especially in the wet, would be best. Quality is a bigger factor than cost.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

David

Watch them put it on backwards.

Never had this ploblem. They still ignore the "front use only", but that's fine. The 90/80's for the back are 50% more expensive and the rim is to small, anyway

And after reducing the pressure from 'as much, as the compressor can deliver' to ~36 psi, they are fine and long (enough) lasting! Over 10k/km

Good in wet conditions, too.

I had a modded Wave. First thing would be to get some slightly wider alloy rims. It is cheap to get the spokes taken out of your existing ones and re laced into the new rims.That way you can fit larger tires . One the front I used 100/80 Bridgestone BT39S (about $35) on the rear I can't remember as I used Indonesia IRC as that was all I could easily find in the darkest jungle.

It all depends on rim width http://www.bridgestone.com/products/motorcycle_tires/products/battlax/bt39.html