Baguette Bakery

PattayaPhom

On visits to Hua Hin its always a pleasure to visit this place, fantastic quality pastries, bread etc at low prices.........have seen that one has opened in Cha am also, and that a Big C is already under constuction on Petchasem Road by Nissan..

How do you know it's a Big C?

Advertisement for staff

a Big C is already under constuction on Petchasem Road by Nissan..

you mean Nissan in Cha am ? I come before the building site every day and I think it's very small to be a Big C.

The Call Center of Big C doesn't know about it .

Advertisement for staff

you mean Nissan in Cha am ? I come before the building site every day and I think it's very small to be a Big C.

In Bangkok there are some new Big Cs springing up that are similar to Tesco Express. Mini mart version of the bigger supermarket. Perhaps it is a "mini" Big C.

Regarding the Baguette in Cha Am, i had breakfast there and thought it was pretty good although the lack of baked beans let it down. Took home with me some pies which weren't great but pretty cheap.

They must have spent an awful lot of money on the place. I have my doubts whether it will survive with the sort of overheads it must have. Just didn't seem sufficient custom there. Hope i'm wrong.

Edited by rixalex

Advertisement for staff

you mean Nissan in Cha am ? I come before the building site every day and I think it's

very small to be a Big C.

Of course it isn't a full size version but nevertheless a Big C with their products and prices. Not suprising the call center dosnt know anything.

Edited by PattayaPhom

Advertisement for staff

In Bangkok there are some new Big Cs springing up that are similar to Tesco Express. Mini mart version of the bigger supermarket. Perhaps it is a "mini" Big C.

Regarding the Baguette in Cha Am, i had breakfast there and thought it was pretty good although the lack of baked beans let it down. Took home with me some pies which weren't great but pretty cheap.

They must have spent an awful lot of money on the place. I have my doubts whether it will survive with the sort of overheads it must have. Just didn't seem sufficient custom there. Hope i'm wrong.

If you look at the one in Hua Hin, it is constantly busy, mostly with Thais, the one in Cha am once established should do very well. On my trips to Hua Hin, I always find the pies very good and exceptional value. Its the only place I know of in Cha am that sells anything like this except for the KO minimart which I found way overpriced and the products not fresh.

If you look at the one in Hua Hin, it is constantly busy, mostly with Thais, the one in Cha am once established should do very well. On my trips to Hua Hin, I always find the pies very good and exceptional value. Its the only place I know of in Cha am that sells anything like this except for the KO minimart which I found way overpriced and the products not fresh.

The pies as i say were pretty average, but they were fresh and cheap, and i guess if there is little other choice...

On the matter of whether it can survive or not, i think there is a big difference in the relative catchment areas of the Hua Hin and the Cha Am branch. Personally i'd be amazed to still see it there in two or three years time. Cha Am is developing but not quickly enough for a business like that. Only so long you can go on making a loss. Anyway, as i also say, i hope i am wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a sign at the entrance of the buillding under construction near Nissan : they are recruiting employees, and it will be a Big C market, surely better than Lotus Express; as I can read , there will be computers.

I think ready next month.