Ms Office. Personal Daily Accounts System?

cbrer

After many years, I've finally decided to keep track of where my money is going. Despite me only spending it on five different things.

I'd like an easy to use program where each evening I can simply type in how much I've spent on each, then it will add it all up daily/monthly etc.

I only use a Win 7 computer and no tablet or smart phone or whatever.

I presume MS Office has something like this?

Or another program that can be downloaded?

Thanks.

Try GnuCash - download it from http://www.gnucash.org

Thanks.

Still too complex and structured. With loads of stuff I don't want.

314055.jpg

Microsoft Money Sunset edition is available from here:

http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=20738

It's quite good for keeping track of your dosh. Free, unsupported, doesn't need activation, no online services. It's Microsoft Money Retired Version.

Thanks.

Still too complex and structured, and wanted to be connect to my bank account. Definitely not what I'm looking for thanks.

If you are familiar with MS Excel, this is simple.

Not really familiar with using it. Certainly not when it's all in Thai, like it is on my computer.

I want a simple system. You open it, it has the date and five spaces to enter the money spent, with the name of each (Lunch, Gas, Shopping etc.) on the left. Nothing else.

That's all I'm looking for.

Edited by cbrer

Change the language settings on excel and it will do exactly what you want! Four columns:

Date. Income. Expenditure. Balance.

You could also use additional columns to monitor individual expenditure, like lunch, fuel etc and get running total.

Very easy to use

Change the language settings on excel and it will do exactly what you want! Four columns:

You could also use additional columns to monitor individual expenditure, like lunch, fuel etc and get running total.

Very easy to use

You can't change the language without a Win 7 language pack. It is a Thai version of Win 7, it isn't just a case of going to ภาษา in the Excel options and selecting English.

Edited by cbrer

^ Thanks, had just been searching them previously.

Unfortunately none of them are suitable. sad.png

I want it daily. 5 blank spaces each day, one for each category.

That's all and that's it. No other stuff on there.

Edited by cbrer

Very easy to use

You can't change the language without a Win 7 language pack. It is a Thai version of Win 7, it isn't just a case of going to ภาษา in the Excel options and selecting English.

Do a google, there is a way around where you can download for free the office language packs from the official MS website. I'll try to find the link, as I have downloaded the packs a few months ago.

Here it is

http://www.mydigitallife.info/office-2010-language-packs-free-official-direct-download-links/

Edited by jbrain

Very easy to use

Do a google, there is a way around where you can download for free the office language packs from the official MS website. I'll try to find the link, as I have downloaded the packs a few months ago.

Here it is

http://www.mydigital...download-links/

I downloaded the Thai language pack from Windows Update. This is available only for the Ultimate Edition of Win 7. Start> All Programs> Windows Update> Optional Updates> Thai language pack (one choice among many.)

I can change the language by changing users, or by going into Control Panel.

I've heard rumors that many people in LOS have the Ultimate Edition. :)

Very easy to use

Here it is

http://www.mydigital...download-links/

I downloaded the Thai language pack from Windows Update. This is available only for the Ultimate Edition of Win 7. Start> All Programs> Windows Update> Optional Updates> Thai language pack (one choice among many.)

I can change the language by changing users, or by going into Control Panel.

I've heard rumors that many people in LOS have the Ultimate Edition. smile.png

You may be right about that, but the link I posted is for MS Office 2010 language packs.

Very easy to use

Not sure what your problem is? Excel is your answer. Now get it in a language you can read.

I think excel is the answer also. It should only take about 15 minutes to set up that simple page that the OP needs.

But having some experience with teaching excel to a couple of staff, if one hasn't used a spreadsheet before, it can be intimidating for the first time user.