Wife Pregnant

Dan1026

Hi All

We have just found out that my wife is Pregnant which we are over the moon.

We live in Hua Hin and would like to know the best doctor and hospital in Hua Hin for the leading up check up's and the delivery of our child.

We are looking at Bangkok hospital or Hua Hin hospital.

Any past experiences and info would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dan1026

Bangkok hospital charge a lot and just give bags full of tablets. I have found government hospitals excellent if you get a private room. If your wife is Thai check out Hua Hin, expensive dosnt always get the best but it's where your wife feels most comfortable that matters.

Congratulations.

Two couples that are friends our ours both had their checkups and births (2 each couple) at Hua Hin Hospital and they were very pleased and impressed with the OB services, facilities, and doctors there. Both couples were a western man and a Thai wife though and one of the husbands is fluent in Thai.

Edited by hhfarang

Hi

Thanks for the congrats we are very happy.

Thanks for the feedback it is very helpfull, we have a friend western man(He speaks Thai) and Thai wife that had there child at Hua Hin hospital and they were happy with the doctors and hospital.

Bangkok hospital like you say is very expensive and sometimes expense is not the right way to go like you say.

I have heard the only thing is with Hua Hin hospital is that english is very limited with staff is this correct as i cannot speak Thai?

Thanks Guys

Dan1026

I don't know how many of the staff at HH Hosp speak English. The doctors probably do, but I doubt many of the other employees do. They have an interpreter who has helped me the one time I went to the ER there but that may not be helpful for an overnight stay.

The other place that has been recommended in the past for OB services and birthing is Petcharat Hospital in Petchaburi. I know a couple of people who had their babies there a few years back and had nothing but good things to say. That's about a 45 minute drive, priced somewhere between HH Hosp and Bangkok Hosp.

I would say go to Hua Hin Hospital and talk to the receptionist for foreigners in the lobby who speaks English. Maybe she could tell you more about the English level of the OB staff and maybe even give you a tour of the OB floor. They have a special area for "International" rooms (it actually has a sign over the door entering the hallway that says ("International" section) so maybe the nurses and other staff working in that section are multi-lingual.

• 3 weeks later...

So what is the approximate cost of having a baby at HH hospital and the cost at BKK hospital ?

So what is the approximate cost of having a baby at HH hospital and the cost at BKK hospital ?

Call both hospitals and ask. They will tell you the approximate price.

Just have to love you guys ! clap2.gif I know you are both between 60-70 years old. Life must be very boring for you?? Oh I see, asking for a friend!

I had my little one born in a Private Hospital (Bangkok Pattaya) and the service was excellent, but at the end of the day the Government hospitals do just as good a job and could be knocking out maybe 20-30 a day so they should be very experienced if not more experienced than the private hospitals!

You can do all teh OB-GYN appointments privately at any hospital, it beats queuing and is inexpensive.

A lot depends on the type of birth I guess, we elected for a caeserian and were lucky enough to have the little fellar born on 10/10/10 at 10:10am in operating room 10 :-) now you won't get that in the government hospital.

I know this is nothing to do with pregnancy but I have just paid 10,000 baht for a CT Scan at Bangkok Hospital

Judging by that price I would hate to see what they charge for a baby delivery blink.png

The difference with delivering a baby compared to a medical emergency is that you have time to shop around, so they are quite competitive.

26K normal delivery, 40K caesarian were the options we had to go by.

I only got charged an extra 700 Baht because they had to change the line they put into her vein at one point.

Yes Soi 41 Life is boring - a bit like d*ckheads who post incorrectly on topics they are not interested in but they manage to find time in their hectic schedule.

HHF is offering general advice and his age is immaterial. As for me - pension is a loooonnnng way off. Still one out of two is good odds for you.

• Like 1