Gangnam Style Star Psy's Embarrassing Anti-American Past Comes Out

Jingthing

Have to disagree with you there JJ, charity is a good cause but when some moron is calling for US troops to be tortured and the Big Man still attends, its sending the wrong signal.

Lets just agree to disagree on this one...

I think US should kick out, bar/ban, boycott, and end all relationships (social/political/military/business/etc) with anyone who has in the past insulted or threatened US.

wink.png

Naa, not really.

Disagreement is fine, even healthy. Senseless calls for torture of people not even involved in the incident is crossing the line :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to disagree with you there JJ, charity is a good cause but when some moron is calling for US troops to be tortured and the Big Man still attends, its sending the wrong signal.

I think US should kick out, bar/ban, boycott, and end all relationships (social/political/military/business/etc) with anyone who has in the past insulted or threatened US.

wink.png

Naa, not really.

Disagreement is fine, even healthy. Senseless calls for torture of people not even involved in the incident is crossing the line smile.png

I knew you didnt go for that.

Which is why I wrote it in a joking way, with the wink.

Anyhow, I believe the wording is not really representing what they really wanted when they sang it on that concert.

Made to create reactions.

Sure. But he apologized. I would agree don't attend without the apology. It's part of being tolerant of other cultures. South Korea is still a close ally of the USA. It would be a snub to snub their Gangnam ambassador.

Ahh, I'm not convinced JJ. I hear what you are saying but O the Comander in Chief still attending.... Gangman crossed the line on this one. As I see it, do or say what ever you want and if its no longer convient (to call for Americans to be tortured) then put on your sorrowful face, apologize and the CIC will condone your actiuons by his presense.

I do agree that South Korea is an important ally, so I suppose that sometimes one must grin and bear it...

Screw it, I'd tell the fat little prick to put his performance where da sun don't shine :)

(I feel better now :) )

wink.png

Naa, not really.

Disagreement is fine, even healthy. Senseless calls for torture of people not even involved in the incident is crossing the line smile.png

I knew you didnt go for that.

Which is why I wrote it in a joking way, with the wink.

Anyhow, I believe the wording is not really representing what they really wanted when they sang it on that concert.

Made to create reactions.

No problema, we can disagree

I can go for a beer, are you buying? :)

With 950m+ Youtube views, and $10m+ in his pocket, I doubt that PSY will give a flying fart about this.

I heard he was already monitoring TV.

No?

I would imagine Americans will over-react to this 2004 nonsense and it will soon blow over.

rather like this:-

US media reported that an online petition to ban the rapper from the Christmas in Washington concert on 21 December had quickly fizzled out.

Retrospective apologies don't get much better than this:-

"As a proud South Korean who was educated in the United States and lived there for a very significant part of my life, I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world," he said.

"While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words."

Edited by cardholder

With 950m+ Youtube views, and $10m+ in his pocket, I doubt that PSY will give a flying fart about this.

I heard he was already monitoring TV.

No?

I would imagine Americans will over-react to this 2004 nonsense and it will soon blow over.

rather like this:-

US media reported that an online petition to ban the rapper from the Christmas in Washington concert on 21 December had quickly fizzled out.

Retrospective apologies don't get much better than this:-

"As a proud South Korean who was educated in the United States and lived there for a very significant part of my life, I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world," he said.

"While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words."

Yep, that should do it.