Motogp 2013 + Sbk,bsb Motorbike Racing

Bluetongue

If it was me as Mr Honda I'd offer him 3 years more, that will see Lorenzo and Pedrosa nearing the end of their careers (if not already), Valentino will be gone and its enough time to see the next rookies and bikes/teams coming through one of whom will be better. Have no doubt, its like gunfighting there's always someone that can beat you. If the heir isn't apparent by then Marc will himself decide his future, his ability speaks for itself and as per Rossi when he joined Yamaha he may look for some other challenge.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it was me as Mr Honda I'd offer him 3 years more, that will see Lorenzo and Pedrosa nearing the end of their careers (if not already), Valentino will be gone and its enough time to see the next rookies and bikes/teams coming through one of whom will be better. Have no doubt, its like gunfighting there's always someone that can beat you. If the heir isn't apparent by then Marc will himself decide his future, his ability speaks for itself and as per Rossi when he joined Yamaha he may look for some other challenge.

Mickey Mouse certainly has a good future, and a good sense of fun, Same as VR, who laughed with him in the pits about the corkscrew move,

Josh Brookes has finaly won a BSB race, {perhaps cos Shakey lost the front after getting past him round the back of Brands on the GP circuit,] but well done JB, only another 48 to go to catch up with Shakey who won the 2nd race, The 250 race [again] was an absolute corker, 5 abreast round clearways on the last lap, well worth a look if you can find it on the tube,

Russia WSB was a sad affair, the WSS riders are as much to blame as the organisers, these fellas are all world class riders, didnt the warm up lap tell them anything??? they should have had a vote on the grid, or at least started the race and put there hands up, the visibility behind the front few was 0, weve lost another promising new rider as a consequence..

• Like 1

That was a good article Mania, just goes to show that perhaps MM can bring a bit of camaraderie into the paddock, im sure the riders all respect one another, but there seems to be[or was] an underlying hate for each other,

Many sites talk about reckless riders, come on, these blokes are riding the fastest bikes on earth, shit doesnt happen in a heartbeat, it happens in a 1/4 of a beat.

Getting back to Toms blowup, some of you follow Crash.net [stupid name] and might have read the comments there about this, I cant believe fans could write such crap that Tom revved the engine to delibratly destroy it cos he hasnt been happy with his pit crew, my think is Toms first reaction is to rev it, it might have been an inbox fire, and by revving it, sucked the flames into the engine and kill the fire, at the time, he probaly didnt know the engine had thrown a leg out of bed, until it stopped, with the bike on fire they critizied him for throwing the bike down and running away, {cos he just signed a new contract] What was he supposed to do, call to the marshalls, I say chaps, it appears my bikes on fire, shall i push it over to you??[with flames licking round 20 odd litres of volatile fuel] Tom did the right thing, scarper ASAP, 1 death at the weekend was 1 to many,

Now it seems BMW are finished at the end of season,

• Like 1

Hey have any of you guys been to a MotoGP in Sepang?

Been wondering if it is something the wife & I might do.

Would love it for sure but was curious if any of you had & how roughly costly is it all in?

Airfare, hotel?,tickets etc.

Edited by mania

Any one like to go to this? The stars move from table to table and chat with the fans,

Who would you like to chat with? Me, Phil Read,Michael Dunlop,Mick Grant,Stevie Baker and shake Agos hand,,

post-41116-0-95140300-1375286308_thumb.j

Would love it for sure but was curious if any of you had & how roughly costly is it all in?

I have been to Sepang several times to watch Moto GP races. The circuit and facilities are good, easy access to the airport and a nearby hotel.

Ticket prices are drastically lower than those races in Europe, I think the last time was about 120 Ringgit, trouble is that is seems to rain at Sepang as the race there is held during the wet season.

I wouldn't let this put you off though.

Air Asia return ticket from Bangkok is cheap, you don't need a visa (for European / US / Thai visitors).

The hotel to book into is this:-

http://sepang.concordehotelsresorts.com/

You better try to contact them as it may already be full, this hotel runs bus shuttle services to and from the track throughout the weekend. It is always packed with race fans, close to the track and is relatively cheap.

If you serious of going, I would book now. I have stayed there twice and is well worth it.

Sepang, best to buy the tickets for the Grandstand as these sell out before the race day, seating is non allocated so you can sit where you like apart from within sponsors sections.

There is also a pit pass for Friday or Saturday although I've not done that yet.

http://www.sepangcircuit.com.my/pdf/motogp2013-price.pdf

Cheers. The airport is about 6 km from the hotel and the circuit is inbetween them on the same road (the airport is the LCCT terminal which is separate from the main international airport).

I hope to be going again this year, as I live in KL its not that far, but will remember to buy my ticket for the grandstand in advance.

• Like 2

I have been to Sepang several times to watch Moto GP races. The circuit and facilities are good, easy access to the airport and a nearby hotel.

etc.

Good stuff Soihok.

Keep threatening myself to go and so far got flights between 3500 baht & 4500 baht and want to stay guest house rather than Hotels.

Just waiting on prices.

How about taxis are they ok for getting about. ??

Also looking at K1 grandstand what you reckon on it, like the look of the corner for watching.

Got to 31st July for early bird bookings.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow to Ducati Corse facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

After months of intrigue as to where the British rider would land for the 2014 MotoGP Championship, Cal Crutchlow has reportedly signed a two-year deal with Ducati Corse.

Taking the seat of the departing Nicky Hayden, Cal Crutchlow has finally bagged the factory position that he has been adamant about for the past season and a half. The official announcement is expected Friday of this week.

In making his switch to Ducati Corse, Crutchlow has turned down a lucrative offer from Yamaha Racing, which would have seen the Brit on Yamaha’s payroll, with a significant pay increase over his current contract.

That catch to that deal though is that Crutchlow would have had to remain in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 garage, as the factory Yamaha team is full-booked with Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi through the 2014 season.

With Yamaha unable to give Crutchlow the assurances of factory support that were so important to Cal, as well as a clear path of succession into the factory-back team, the 27-year-old rider ultimately declined on Yamaha’s final contract offer.

While Crutchlow will test his fate in the Ducati Corse camp, as so many before him have done, Pol Espargaro is expected to make the switch from Moto2 to MotoGP next season, and will take Crutchlow’s place in the Monster Yamaha Tech garage, alongside fellow Moto2 convert Bradley Smith.

MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow to Ducati Corse facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18>facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18>

After months of intrigue as to where the British rider would land for the 2014 MotoGP Championship, Cal Crutchlow has reportedly signed a two-year deal with Ducati Corse.

Taking the seat of the departing Nicky Hayden, Cal Crutchlow has finally bagged the factory position that he has been adamant about for the past season and a half. The official announcement is expected Friday of this week.

In making his switch to Ducati Corse, Crutchlow has turned down a lucrative offer from Yamaha Racing, which would have seen the Brit on Yamaha’s payroll, with a significant pay increase over his current contract.

That catch to that deal though is that Crutchlow would have had to remain in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 garage, as the factory Yamaha team is full-booked with Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi through the 2014 season.

With Yamaha unable to give Crutchlow the assurances of factory support that were so important to Cal, as well as a clear path of succession into the factory-back team, the 27-year-old rider ultimately declined on Yamaha’s final contract offer.

While Crutchlow will test his fate in the Ducati Corse camp, as so many before him have done, Pol Espargaro is expected to make the switch from Moto2 to MotoGP next season, and will take Crutchlow’s place in the Monster Yamaha Tech garage, alongside fellow Moto2 convert Bradley Smith.

Oh, no. Cal has ditched the Yam (or maybe he was asked to to make way for Pol Espargaro.

So we had better enjoy watching him at the front of the races this year, as it ain't going to happen next year.

Good luck Cal, I think you'll need it.

• Like 1

Rathapark Wiliarot bows out of Moto 2, to be replaced by another Thai rider, Thitipong Warokorn.

I guess it was coming as his recent form has been shocking, saw him race a few times before this year.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/194108/1/moto2_wilairot_retires_replaced_by_fellow_thai_rider.html

His departure is immediate, meaning we should see the new rider in August.

• Like 1

etc.

Good stuff Soihok.

Keep threatening myself to go and so far got flights between 3500 baht & 4500 baht and want to stay guest house rather than Hotels.

Just waiting on prices.

How about taxis are they ok for getting about. ??

Also looking at K1 grandstand what you reckon on it, like the look of the corner for watching.

Got to 31st July for early bird bookings.

I have sat in both the K1 and Main Grandstand, get seats in the Main Grandstand as the facility is far better and you have more of a choice of which viewing pint you prefer. If you get there early on race day you can grab start row seats across from the pits with a big screen across from you.

The oppostite side of the Main Grandstand will give more of a view of the track and long straight.

If you can get a room in the Concorde Hotel do it now, there are not many other places to stay nearby, all the expensive hotels will be full.

KL is about 50 - 60 KM from the track, so unless you really want to go into the city it;s not worth the travelling as it is jammed roads over the race day.

Taxi's are not too bad, if you can get one back from the track. I did last year (but only cause I left before the Moto GP race started as I sat on and broke my glasses, so couldn't see the big screen clearly and kept asking the people sat next me "who is winning, and , what's happening", quite embarrssing really). There two types of taxi's here, the Blue ones are no nonsense and don't haggle for the fares. The normal small red taxi's will try to rip you off from the track (if you can get one).

Better to book into a local hotel and use their shuttle bus to / from the track.

I don't know of any guest houses out towards the track/

Alternatively, there is an express train service between the International Airport and the centre of KL, it takes about 40 minutes from KL Sentral to the airport and costs about 30 Ringgit I think, then you would have to haggle for a cab to the track or there may be some coaches laid on between the two over the race day (I think is a strong possibility, but haven't found any info).

Cheers

This article just seems insane to me

They should be embracing what Aprilia is doing

basically making being competitive in GP affordable.

Instead they fear it

Look at the price half a million Euro compared to 2 Million Euro!

And they worry that they as a CRT with their own electronic package might

make the factory teams look bad??

Crazy

Is Aprilia Looking for Concessions to Join MotoGP Factories?

Any one like to go to this? The stars move from table to table and chat with the fans,

Who would you like to chat with? Me, Phil Read,Michael Dunlop,Mick Grant,Stevie Baker and shake Agos hand,,

I would think my post got overlooked with the Sepang stuff, never mind, will try again, surely some of you blokes must have road race TT heroes you would like to meet?

Thanks,,