Buying A Scooter In Bangkok Help

Manamal

Hi,

I want to buy a scooter to get around Bangkok on, but as I don't speak very good Thai I am finding it a bit difficult, I only want a new 125 or a 2nd hand one from a dealer with a good reputation, can anyone suggest a few places I should try please?

Also do they require tax/mot/insurance etc to ride sorry for my ignorance.

If you live near Sukhumvit there are a couple of places on Rama IV with used scooters (finance company repossessions).

Also depends a lot of how much, otherwise just go into Honda pick up and wave money. They will help you even with the language problem.

You could visit Sumet Cycle Brian is there but I don't know they have anything used.

Again if near Sukhumvit/On Nut there is a user friendly Honda dealer on 71.

Not sure if it's a good idea to buy a secondhand 125cc scooter in Bangkok if you not speak the language that well. As you probably need to ask some serious questions, which involves can I do a test ride... you didn't specify the level of mechanical knowledge, but you need to check a potential secondhand scooter very throughly as most of this scooters are ex teenager scoots who have the words 'take-care' and 'maintenance' in their vocabulary. They know how-ever extremely well how to modify a scooter to push every less drip of performance out of it... (often without proper tools and materials, like riding without air-filter, and modifying the damper in the exhaust system). Modifications like that influence the life expectancy of a scooter.

I recent bought a Honda Click 125i for a family member and was pleasantly surprised by the performance and handling of the scoot... therefore I can seriously recommend a Honda Click 125i.

If you live near Sukhumvit there are a couple of places on Rama IV with used scooters (finance company repossessions).

Also depends a lot of how much, otherwise just go into Honda pick up and wave money. They will help you even with the language problem.

You could visit Sumet Cycle Brian is there but I don't know they have anything used.

Vocalneal, thanks for putting me onto Honda on 71, went in there today and brought a new click 125i, no hassles friendly and quick even managed to haggle free bike theft cover for 2 years and a couple of helmets.

Vocalneal, thanks for putting me onto Honda on 71, went in there today and brought a new click 125i, no hassles friendly and quick even managed to haggle free bike theft cover for 2 years and a couple of helmets.

Geez,

I should have come with you and got my commission. I usually drop in with egg custard tarts from KFC next door.biggrin.png