Our Yearly Stay On Samui, What's New?

saweden

Samui being such a small place is a great shame that gettting from A-B is a major problem, rent a jeep as suggested, its the only way to go unless you want to triple your budget to include taxis.Maybe in another 50 years they may allow buses or cheap songtaews like Pattaya.

Thats an interesting post because having just viewed the pattaya news forum i see it would take about fifty years to list the downsides of Pattaya....as cheap as i am sure the songtaews are! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

songthaew (two benches), they are OK daytime, but charges same as taxis night-time.

I thought that it was -

Look at the sign on the front. If it heads in your direction, flag it down and board. Ring the bell when you want to alight. (Like a bus without bus stops). Also like a bus - can be hours before you see one and then 3 come at the same time.

If you flag it down and ask "do you go to Chewang?" or "how much to Lamai?" Then it becomes a taxi.

Does this change at night time?

Whoa so these are as bad as taxi's night time. It's leaning more and more towards car rental. This is a surprise indeed as someone already stated, to get from A to B so complicated on such a small island.

So by "alright at day" you mean how many baht should I already know how to pay in order to not turn it into a taxi? smile.png

songthaew (two benches), they are OK daytime, but charges same as taxis night-time.

I thought that it was -

Look at the sign on the front. If it heads in your direction, flag it down and board. Ring the bell when you want to alight. (Like a bus without bus stops). Also like a bus - can be hours before you see one and then 3 come at the same time.

If you flag it down and ask "do you go to Chewang?" or "how much to Lamai?" Then it becomes a taxi.

Whoa so these are as bad as taxi's night time. It's leaning more and more towards car rental. This is a surprise indeed as someone already stated, to get from A to B so complicated on such a small island.

So by "alright at day" you mean how many baht should I already know how to pay in order to not turn it into a taxi? smile.png

Excuse me but what on earth does "complicated getting from A-B mean? Thats absolute rubbish. This is a tropical island with one main orbital! There are about three sets of traffic lights and one roundabout.

Are you a bored and rather inexperienced troll by any chance?

Samui being such a small place is a great shame that gettting from A-B is a major problem, rent a jeep as suggested, its the only way to go unless you want to triple your budget to include taxis.Maybe in another 50 years they may allow buses or cheap songtaews like Pattaya.

He was responding to this Carmine, keep your shirt on wink.png
  • Like 1

I thought that it was -

Just get on - and then ask people on the songteaow. If no one can tell you, when you ring the bell to alight - give the driver what you think is reasonable. He will soon tell you if it is not enough!

There are about three sets of traffic lights and one roundabout.

Five traffic lights.

The lights in Nathon near immigration and the ones at Soi 4 Maenam, not been working for months now.... Guess no one has noticed that!!! ! rolleyes.gif

.... so technically that makes three working tongue.pngbiggrin.png

The lights in Nathon near immigration and the ones at Soi 4 Maenam, not been working for months now.... Guess no one has noticed that!!! ! rolleyes.gif

.... so technically that makes three working tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Actually forgot that one.

There are six traffic lights on Samui. (working or not working)