What Is The Cheapest New Car In Thailand?

Sandman77

hello!

I look now long time find a car but all used cars are overpriced in Thailand and have bad quality!

I think better buy a new car!

So what is the cheapest bank payment plan for a new Japanese car? No Chinese brand please!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The cheapest (Japanese) cars are the Honda Brio, Mitsubishi Mirage, Nissan March. You can buy the base models for @ 430,000 baht. I think the Mirage at 426,000 is fairly well equipped (eg folding electric wing mirrors) and not a bad car for the money. Repayments will depend on the loan period but can be as low as 5,000 baht a month.

The cheapest (Japanese) cars are the Honda Brio, Mitsubishi Mirage, Nissan March. You can buy the base models for @ 430,000 baht. I think the Mirage at 426,000 is fairly well equipped (eg folding electric wing mirrors) and not a bad car for the money. Repayments will depend on the loan period but can be as low as 5,000 baht a month.

Base model Vios is also around 460, the Almera has been getting good reviews and I think base is around 430

Cheapest new car/truck in TH is the DFM "Truck" 1.1L 5MT at 289,000, followed by the TATA Ace 1.4L 5MT at 356,00, the DFM "Van" 1.1L 5MT at 359,000 and the DFM OTOP 1.1L 5MT at 366,000 Baht.

Cheapest in a more conventional new car is 380,000 Baht, which buys you:

Mitsubishi Mirage GL 1.2L 5MT

Nissan March S 1.2L 5MT

Chery QQ 1.1L 5MT

Lots more options in the 400+ K Baht range.

• Like 1

In resent weeks seen a few Tata Nano, no idea of price here but must be the cheapest ?

That crappy little Brio somehow looks better as a saloon just, called Amaze, seen a few about on red plates, in the past week.

Note sure if the Nano has officially gone on sale yet, but prices have already been announced to start at 275,000 for the 0.65L 5MT when it does launch.

The Brio Amaze starts at 454,000 and goes up to 521,000 Baht - putting it too close to VIOS (531K), Fiesta (549K), and City (559K) pricing, IMHO

Edited by IMHO

If you are a farang trying to buy your first car, and have no credit rating here, they could ask for up to 50% down payment. They may also ask for a Thai guarantor for the remaining loan. Loans can be had for up to 84 months in some cases, but you will end up paying a lot in interest. I don't know how much down payment you have ready now, but I would suggest you save more money now, to save on the interest later. There's nothign wrong with getting second hand if you know the cars history or get the car inspected. They are relatively expensive, especially toyota and honda, but there could be some other good buys in other brands. Note also you might have to wait ages for an eco-car now; I think the mirage might have the fastest delivery among them.

the mirage might have the fastest delivery among them.

Yep, the Mirage is the only one not being overly effected by export demand (like Honda and Nissan), or crippled by low production capacity (like Suzuki), so for now will maintain the best availability.

Chery QQ 1.1L 5MT....... no idea what the Chinese version is like, but had a good following and rating as a Deawoo Mitz, but guess it is a Chinese car, even if if was Korean to start with.

Proton has a few different models from under 400 - 500 k everyone I know that has a Proton here appear to rate them high as a good cheap .reliable car

Automatic Toyota or Honda will hold there value the best here., Suzuki hold there value well in Thailand, and the Swift to me is the best of the bunch

Suzuki hold there value well in Thailand, and the Swift to me is the best of the bunch

Sure, but the wait time is so long now (an order now gets you a car in 2014) you may as well just pre-order the (as yet unannounced) Toyota eco-car - you'll get it around the same time wink.png

Edited by IMHO

Chery QQ 1.1L 5MT....... no idea what the Chinese version is like, but had a good following and rating as a Deawoo Mitz, but guess it is a Chinese car, even if if was Korean to start with.

Proton has a few different models from under 400 - 500 k everyone I know that has a Proton here appear to rate them high as a good cheap .reliable car

Automatic Toyota or Honda will hold there value the best here., Suzuki hold there value well in Thailand, and the Swift to me is the best of the bunch

There's a proton neo on one2car.com with an evo engine for 399K. I'd almost be tempted:)

I would strongly recommend THAT ANY CAR YOU BUY YOU TRY AND GET A LONGER TEST DRIVE at least 30-40 minutes.

I have just part exchanged a Ford Ranger truck for a Mitsibushi Mirage.. I'm happy enough BUT maybe i would have chosen a different car if i had taken a longer test drive.

I will be putting a report up shortly.

I would strongly recommend THAT ANY CAR YOU BUY YOU TRY AND GET A LONGER TEST DRIVE at least 30-40 minutes.

I have just part exchanged a Ford Ranger truck for a Mitsibushi Mirage.. I'm happy enough BUT maybe i would have chosen a different car if i had taken a longer test drive.

I will be putting a report up shortly.

Sometimes a second test drive is also useful, after having driven different makes. I took our friends swift out twice - on the second occasion I noticed more engine/gearbox noise - probably because the owner wasn't with me whistling.gif .

Japanese car are expensive so look at a thai car like the one mentioned

Did not realize Honda was a Thai car.

Do list for us Thai brands

if a car is made in japan it is a japanese car if it is made in thailand it is a thai car . the name of the car has nothing to do with it.

Japanese car are expensive so look at a thai car like the one mentioned

Did not realize Honda was a Thai car.

Do list for us Thai brands

if a car is made in japan it is a japanese car if it is made in thailand it is a thai car . the name of the car has nothing to do with it.

LOL, cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Anyone knows which bank or finance company will offer car financing to foreigner? I am prepared to pay 30%-50% of the new car price and spread the rest of the payments in five years.

I am looking at Honda City or Civic, Toyota Altis or Avanza, all auto. Any idea what is the price of the cars? How long is the waiting time?

I just got my work permit under my newly set up Company.

Like many others, I am amazed by the high second hand car in Thailand. So I thought it would be better off to buy a brand new car and I can sell it 3-5 years later which is more worth it?

Like many others, I am amazed by the high second hand car in Thailand. So I thought it would be better off to buy a brand new car

Thai built car yes.....

Just as an idea what that means..

In 2006 Honda Civic 2.0 cost new 1 million baht

In 2006 Audi A4 2.0 cost new 3.2 million baht..

Today you can buy both of these second hand for around 600,000 baht.. so much better car and far better equipped and deal to buy the Audi.2nd hand... even the next class up the Audi A6 2.4 V6 cost about the same for a 2005 model 2nd hand., I changed my Honda Jazz which I bought brand new, 4 years on for a 2nd hand A6.. now owned it for 4 years

Anyone knows which bank or finance company will offer car financing to foreigner? I am prepared to pay 30%-50% of the new car price and spread the rest of the payments in five years.

I am looking at Honda City or Civic, Toyota Altis or Avanza, all auto. Any idea what is the price of the cars? How long is the waiting time?

I just got my work permit under my newly set up Company.

Like many others, I am amazed by the high second hand car in Thailand. So I thought it would be better off to buy a brand new car and I can sell it 3-5 years later which is more worth it?

The dealer can sort that out for you. Usually 30% is enough.