Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Thai Keyboard

TexasRanger

I am planning to get a galaxy tab 2 when I get back to Thailand but a friend of mine just looked at one for me on sale in the UK and he noticed their didn't appear to be a Thai language keyboard option. I see this is selectable on the iPad (but I don't want an iPad) so does anyone know if the galaxy tab has a Thai keyboard option or will it be something I have to buy separately?

I am hoping this might be standard in Thailand but not sure.

Standard in the Thai firmware, you can also download an app to do it.

You can change the keyboard from Thai to Roman from the keypad at the touch of a button.

Galaxy tab wi-fi a lot cheaper in the UK +cashback from Samsung at the moment.

(look at the Argos online prices 10.1 wifi 238UKP with 50UKP cashback from Samsung if purchased before 31 Dec)

That works out at 188UKP (under 10kBht).

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Cheers for the info guys but I may or may not be passing through UK so I think I will have to buy in Thailand anyway. But if it is standard over there and I can easily switch that will be great. I will be using English most of the time but just need to be able to send Thai emails.

My HTC One X and my Asus Tablet both purchased in Thailand with of course Thai language keyboards. Although I mainly use the English (UK) keyboard I occasionally need Thai.

So I use the Hackers keyboard available free from the Play Store.

A simple left or right swipe on the space bar allows for immediate change between English and Thai.

I would think you could do the same on a UK model Android phone.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Thaivisa Connect App

Galaxy tab wi-fi a lot cheaper in the UK +cashback from Samsung at the moment.

(look at the Argos online prices 10.1 wifi 238UKP with 50UKP cashback from Samsung if purchased before 31 Dec)

But you can't buy a galaxy tab two in the UK that has a sim card option built in.

• Like 1