The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

6 hours ago, thailien8 said:

Happy to report that Moom Talay and adjacent Italian restaurant Toscana re-opened today!  On Beach Road a short distance south of soi 6.  Both are big restaurants with indoor and outdoor seating, so lots of room to socially distance.  My green chicken curry was tasty and plentiful as I remember from before the two-month closure.  Hope they get some customer support so they can stay open.

Good info.

Gulliverś down the street has been open with outside seating.  I go past there few times a day. sadly have never seen one customer just employees looking bored.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Good info.

Gulliverś down the street has been open with outside seating.  I go past there few times a day. sadly have never seen one customer just employees looking bored.

Hopefully they will have customers inside. It is a bit warm outside with the setting sun and no cover. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Good info.

Dreadful food though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, hackjam said:

Bake and Brew today, 175B, including tea, orange juice and buffet bread. Good meal and good value.

Ticks most boxes this place, decent menu.

b and b thumbnail_IMG_1292.jpg

I hope you loaded up on bread. Is that a "portion" of mushroom below the tomato?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hackjam said:

Bake and Brew today, 175B, including tea, orange juice and buffet bread. Good meal and good value.

Ticks most boxes this place, decent menu.

b and b thumbnail_IMG_1292.jpg

I didn't want to bowl in and appear cruel three hours ago, but as the other two posters have intimated, that looks quite sad.  That's not quality bacon, black pudding or sausage that I'd recognise.  The eggs look fine, mushrooms almost absent, tomato hard to say and beans are beans.   

Current exchange rate is over £4 for that.  Tea, juice and bread has been contemplated but still appears quite a miserable breakfast.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, torturedsole said:

I didn't want to bowl in and appear cruel three hours ago, but as the other two posters have intimated, that looks quite sad.

You didn't want to appear "cruel" on your own, yet you're happy to join a pack and pile on...

Why not post up what you think is a good bargain breakfast that is currently available?

Depending on the bread buffet it might be what I consider to be a good deal. 

• Like 1

Bagels and Brew.

I order another breakfast there not this ¨English¨ style.

The one I order has fresh slices of ham, eggs, etc. and some of the best crispy hash browns I have had.

I do not think it is terrible value.

The Orange Juice is freshly squeezed, not from a box.

The coffee is fresh ground, not instant.

The bread buffet has several choices of bread/toasters and 2 homemade fresh jams.

Some of these places with a cheap breakfast are giving you exactly that; cheap food, a packaged hot dog they bought at Makro, a piece of white bread, a box juice and instant coffee that can barely be choked down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, torturedsole said:

I didn't want to bowl in and appear cruel three hours ago, but as the other two posters have intimated, that looks quite sad.  That's not quality bacon, black pudding or sausage that I'd recognise.  The eggs look fine, mushrooms almost absent, tomato hard to say and beans are beans.   

Current exchange rate is over £4 for that.  Tea, juice and bread has been contemplated but still appears quite a miserable breakfast.  

The selling point is the bread. Baked on the premises and as much as you can eat. Large variety of breads available, The sourdough is my favourite. However, I have to agree the full English doesn't look great. Most of the other food is great, Croque Madame would be my choice for breakfast. The pasta dishes are my favourite, Still the only restaurant I've visited (twice) since they reopened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, champers said:

I hope you loaded up on bread. Is that a "portion" of mushroom below the tomato?

I was thinking the same, miserable portions and one can do better. Looks like a hot dog fried to death not a sausage! Oh the Crazy Dave's Special is sadly missed. 

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

irover on LK Metro is worth a look 

IMO the best breakfast in Pattaya

The breakfast is good but, I stopped going.

It is a good spot to watch sports also, but seem to start turning into a place for Brits and Americans to argue loudly about Trump. Last time I went could barely watch the game with the loud verbal confrontations, so I left. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I was thinking the same, miserable portions and one can do better. Looks like a hot dog fried to death not a sausage! Oh the Crazy Dave's Special is sadly missed. 

Ah OK, understand height your bar is set at.