The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

Goose works too and is arguably more delicious. They raise geese in Thailand, right? Would you reject a T-day dinner that used goose instead of turkey?

Reject, is not the right word, I simply would not go to a traditional American holiday dinner that did not serve turkey. Goose might work for a European but it's like serving duck, squab, pheasant, etc. as a substitute.

Goose works too and is arguably more delicious. They raise geese in Thailand, right? Would you reject a T-day dinner that used goose instead of turkey?

Reject, is not the right word, I simply would not go to a traditional American holiday dinner that did not serve turkey. Goose might work for a European but it's like serving duck, squab, pheasant, etc. as a substitute.

Personally, I'm always happier with substitutes that taste better than the original.

Seems like lots of folks have forgotten that the meal is not the purpose of Thanksgiving. ... Just sayin'

So sorry.

Yeah, you're right.

It's about the FOOTBALL GAMES!

I wonder if that chicken wings American restaurant at the Avenue mall is doing a T-day spread?

True, by the looks of the huge waistlines of the 2nd most obese country in the world, a lot of "folks" have forgotten the meaning.

What is the meaning again? My mate told me it was to celebrate the first of many land grabs but that did not sound correct.

Seems like lots of folks have forgotten that the meal is not the purpose of Thanksgiving. ... Just sayin'

So sorry.

Yeah, you're right.

It's about the FOOTBALL GAMES!

I wonder if that chicken wings American restaurant at the Avenue mall is doing a T-day spread?

Well, that's definitely second, JT! :-)

True, by the looks of the huge waistlines of the 2nd most obese country in the world, a lot of "folks" have forgotten the meaning.

What is the meaning again? My mate told me it was to celebrate the first of many land grabs but that did not sound correct.

I hope that's not a Brit (i.e. citizen of "the British Empire") talking about "land grabs". :-)

• Like 2

I hate to keep mentioning Pastrami on Rye but we are talking turkey, stuffing, etc. and apparently they are offering it at an attractive price no less.

12265720_964687133590687_197165004645653

Thanksgiving Day Sandwich Special 11am - 6pm

Hot Turkey Sandwich with Mashed Pots & Stuffing - 300 Thb
Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Pie available for 95 Thb

Pastrami on Rye will be closing at 6pm for a private event.
We apologize ahead of time for any inconvenience.

**all sandwiches are a mix of light and dark meat
**first come, first serve. no reservations taken

• Like 2

I hate to keep mentioning Pastrami on Rye but we are talking turkey, stuffing, etc. and apparently they are offering it at an attractive price no less.

12265720_964687133590687_197165004645653

Thanksgiving Day Sandwich Special 11am - 6pm

Hot Turkey Sandwich with Mashed Pots & Stuffing - 300 Thb

Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Pie available for 95 Thb...

Pastrami on Rye will be closing at 6pm for a private event.

We apologize ahead of time for any inconvenience.

**all sandwiches are a mix of light and dark meat

**first come, first serve. no reservations taken

Thanks for the tip!
  • Like 1

Another one and at only 545 baht.

All You Can Eat Thanksgiving Turkey Buffet at Tequila Reef – Thursday 26th November 2015

tequia.jpg

Come to our Annual All You Can Eat Thanksgiving Turkey buffet the only true All American Thanksgiving buffet in Angeles City with all the trimmings including, fresh Butterball sliced turkey breast and dark meat, finely cut ham, mashed potatoes, grandma’s gravy, stuffing, cranberries, Green Bean Cassarole, Ambrosia Salad, Caesar Salad, Dinner Roll and More!

All for only 545 Baht. We highly encourage you make reservations for this once in year extraganza of feeding frenzy.

Be sure to invite your friends and come hungry as you shall certainly leave stuffed!

Starting time at 14:00pm

Tequila Reef Pattaya is an American and Mexican restaurant bar conveniently located on Soi 7 just 60 meters off Beach Road in Pattaya Thailand

Tequila Reef Pattaya
Soi 7 Just 60 Meters off Beach Road, Chonburi, Chon Buri, Thailand 20260
038 414 035
[email protected]

Happy Thanksgiving at Dicey Reilly’s – Thursday 26th November 2015 dicey14.jpg Happy Thanksgiving at Dicey Reilly’s

This November, friends, family and great food all combine to make our traditional Thanksgiving dinner buffet an event not to be missed.

Prepared with exacting care by our creative chef at the Dicey Reilly’s, this spread is a mouthwatering display of turkey stuffing, cranberry sauce and of course pumpkin pie.

Make it a down-home Thanksgiving at Dicey Reilly’s, this Thursday, November 26th at Baht 849 net per person.

Early bird booking before 25th November, at Baht 749 net.

For reservation, please call 038 411 755 or email [email protected]

• Like 1

All You Can Eat Thanksgiving Turkey Buffet at Tequila Reef Thursday 26th November 2015

tequia.jpg

Come to our Annual All You Can Eat Thanksgiving Turkey buffet the only true All American Thanksgiving buffet in Angeles City with all the trimmings including, fresh Butterball sliced turkey breast and dark meat, finely cut ham, mashed potatoes, grandmas gravy, stuffing, cranberries, Green Bean Cassarole, Ambrosia Salad, Caesar Salad, Dinner Roll and More!

All for only 545 Baht. We highly encourage you make reservations for this once in year extraganza of feeding frenzy.

Be sure to invite your friends and come hungry as you shall certainly leave stuffed!

Tequila Reef Pattaya is an American and Mexican restaurant bar conveniently located on Soi 7 just 60 meters off Beach Road in Pattaya Thailand

Tequila Reef Pattaya

038 414 035

[email protected]

Isn't Angeles City a bit far to go for a turkey dinner?

• Like 1

All You Can Eat Thanksgiving Turkey Buffet at Tequila Reef Thursday 26th November 2015

tequia.jpg

Come to our Annual All You Can Eat Thanksgiving Turkey buffet the only true All American Thanksgiving buffet in Angeles City with all the trimmings including, fresh Butterball sliced turkey breast and dark meat, finely cut ham, mashed potatoes, grandmas gravy, stuffing, cranberries, Green Bean Cassarole, Ambrosia Salad, Caesar Salad, Dinner Roll and More!

Tequila Reef Pattaya

038 414 035

[email protected]

Isn't Angeles City a bit far to go for a turkey dinner?

Ahh, yes it is, in the Philippines iirc. Tequila Reef is in Pattaya last I knew, at least when I had food delivered via Food Panda in less than an hour I assumed they were. But of course they could have used supersonic jets for delivery I suppose :-).

Just noticed, and you are correct, their promotion does state Angeles City. Trust me, I've gleamed the info from this web site. There is indeed a Tequila Reef in Pattaya, according to Food Panda.

Edited by Roger Lee

Perhaps a mod would like to move all the turkey-related posts to a new Thanksgiving thread as they dont really have anything to do with the topic?

Suggested Guidelines:

Make it short! (and sweet)

Emphasis on reasonably priced restaurants! (most of us are not made of money)

Emphasis on less than famous restaurants! (most of have heard of the Sizzler)

Emphasis on new "discoveries" to you, not necessarily new restaurants! (if its new to you, it may be new to us too)

Emphasis on places with at least some good dishes! (seeking pleasure here, not pain)

Emphasis on places that offer something a little bit "different"! (green curry isn't different)

Include a link if you like! (this is the internet after all)

Try to indicate location! (location, location)

I think I covered most of the suggested guidelines.

Reasonably priced (Sportsman was marginal), less than famous (no chain restaurants), new discoveries (turkey and sides), good dishes (again turkey with the trimmings), places that offer something different (again turkey), and links and locations.

Sorry if I offended you by contributing to this thread....

• Like 1

Perhaps a mod would like to move all the turkey-related posts to a new Thanksgiving thread as they dont really have anything to do with the topic?

Suggested Guidelines:

Make it short! (and sweet)

Emphasis on reasonably priced restaurants! (most of us are not made of money)

Emphasis on less than famous restaurants! (most of have heard of the Sizzler)

Emphasis on new "discoveries" to you, not necessarily new restaurants! (if its new to you, it may be new to us too)

Emphasis on places with at least some good dishes! (seeking pleasure here, not pain)

Emphasis on places that offer something a little bit "different"! (green curry isn't different)

Include a link if you like! (this is the internet after all)

Try to indicate location! (location, location)

I think I covered most of the suggested guidelines.

Reasonably priced (Sportsman was marginal), less than famous (no chain restaurants), new discoveries (turkey and sides), good dishes (again turkey with the trimmings), places that offer something different (again turkey), and links and locations.

Sorry if I offended you by contributing to this thread....

I'm not offended by anything.

But suggestions for upcoming Thanksgiving turkey dinners have nothing at all to do with this review thread, and so should be in their own thread about Thanksgiving turkey dinners. Just common sense really.

Personally I dont give a flying xxxx as I dont eat turkey and dont celebrate Thanksgiving (which didnt prevent me from making suggestions for those who do). But if I did I would rather read about it in a dedicated Thanksgiving topic than find it by accident in a restaurant review topic. Otherwise why not just have one giant topic containing all restaurant-related posts?

• Like 1

Another Cheap Charlie Thanksgiving meal.

I think Casa Pascal do what they do, very well.

Always reasonable quality and good value.

People pay 1700 baht for a meal in Pattaya?

I have to admit that misread the first digit as an abbreviation for Baht! :)

Agree that 1700 Baht is high for Pattaya and I guess turkey prices are a big factor this year

Sunday Roast @ Yotin's (east) today. Absolutely marvelous! I had the lamb shank option. Included a large lamb shank, cooked to perfection; 3 potato servings (mashed, roast, scalloped); a veggie mix of peas, carrots, cauliflower and baby Brussels sprouts; two "cupcake sized" Yorkshire puddings; and complimentary finished "toast" glass of iced Sangria. The food was served on a square 15" platter that was, I assure you, quite full.

The cost for all of that was 350 baht. I promise you, considering the gourmet quality of all the food served at Yotin's, that is a fantastic value! The other Sunday Roast options (beef, pork, or chicken) are considerably cheaper than the lamb shank, if that's a concern for you.

In case you haven't noted it before, this Yotin's is located near the east end of Nernplubwarn. Travelling east, you turn left at the 7-11 (of course!) that's located about 400 meters before the end of that road (at Wat Suttawat). Bear left where that small soi splits. Yotin's is on the right side, about 100 meters down. It's actually a house, with the bottom floor converted to the restaurant. Usually room to park on the opposite side of the soi, against the wall of the house on that side. Their is outdoor and indoor seating; with the option inside of an air conditioned section, or a section with overhead fans. The decor is simple and very clean. The service is prompt and friendly. Kuhn Yotin greets every guest, when he is not overly busy in the kitchen. Both he and his partner are formally trained chefs.

They also serve a fantastic Friday buffet, with 4 or 5 main dish options, cooked to order, and a large salad bar. The daily lunch specials, which change every 2 days, are also an excellent value. In fact, IMO, this is the best restaurant value on the east side, considering the combination of price, quality, and quantity of food.

Mentioned before, but well worth a mention again. Wifes birthday, so we went to Suggestions on the Dark Side on Thursday night. After a lot of thought, and considering that we eat out 5+ times evenings a week, I can honestly say that this is the only restaurant that I have never had a disappointing meal, and never had any problems with tummy rumblings from. My only small gripe is the stupid size of the plates (massive, and needlessly so). But that is it.

So we started, after the complimentary bread and home made pate, with bruschetta to share.

12243021_1282727665074456_74120786373441

12239305_1282727798407776_29458865097528

The wife had the salmon steak whcih was cooked to perfection. He always serves the sauce on the side which I prefer.

12241586_1282727545074468_35637360723099

I had the mixed grill which features a very generous serving of 2 lamb chops, a beautifully cooked piece of steak, some chick, and some pork as well. Melt in the mouth time, Severed with Pepper sauce (so good), and Dauphinoise potatoes (sublime...by the way) and a few croquettes.

12289654_10153829589049225_5915924367207

Excuse the bad photo - it was a quick one prior to getting stuck in.

Then just as we were finishing, the owner brought us a free pudding, Ice cream he had made a couple of hours earlier (prauline - you got to try this if you are an ice cream devotee) and a raspberry bavarois. The icecream melted a bit before I remembered to take a photo - but it was dreamy.

12273711_1282728171741072_64713687093696

We had a bottle of Pinot grigio which was very good (1200 baht) and the total bill came in at about 2200 baht.

If I lived in pattaya I would make the trip to this place - it is that good, and the environment is very relaxing. As it's just down the road we tend to go once a week.

https://www.facebook.com/suggestionspattay

May I suggest you provide a more pricise location for Suggestions other than it's somewhere on the Darkside. Any that like you provided is incorrect or broken...maybe you forgot the "a" on the end.

PS: Never mind, I've found it. For others, it's on map lai lia 28 off NPW. I thought that place closed as I never see any cars there...it's still open huh...will have to give it a try sometime.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Confused 1

Mentioned before, but well worth a mention again. Wifes birthday, so we went to Suggestions on the Dark Side on Thursday night. After a lot of thought, and considering that we eat out 5+ times evenings a week, I can honestly say that this is the only restaurant that I have never had a disappointing meal, and never had any problems with tummy rumblings from. My only small gripe is the stupid size of the plates (massive, and needlessly so). But that is it.

So we started, after the complimentary bread and home made pate, with bruschetta to share.

12243021_1282727665074456_74120786373441

12239305_1282727798407776_29458865097528

The wife had the salmon steak whcih was cooked to perfection. He always serves the sauce on the side which I prefer.

12241586_1282727545074468_35637360723099

I had the mixed grill which features a very generous serving of 2 lamb chops, a beautifully cooked piece of steak, some chick, and some pork as well. Melt in the mouth time, Severed with Pepper sauce (so good), and Dauphinoise potatoes (sublime...by the way) and a few croquettes.

12289654_10153829589049225_5915924367207

Excuse the bad photo - it was a quick one prior to getting stuck in.

Then just as we were finishing, the owner brought us a free pudding, Ice cream he had made a couple of hours earlier (prauline - you got to try this if you are an ice cream devotee) and a raspberry bavarois. The icecream melted a bit before I remembered to take a photo - but it was dreamy.

12273711_1282728171741072_64713687093696

We had a bottle of Pinot grigio which was very good (1200 baht) and the total bill came in at about 2200 baht.

If I lived in pattaya I would make the trip to this place - it is that good, and the environment is very relaxing. As it's just down the road we tend to go once a week.

https://www.facebook.com/suggestionspattay

May I suggest you provide a more pricise location for Suggestions other than it's somewhere on the Darkside. Any that like you provided is incorrect or broken...maybe you forgot the "a" on the end.

PS: Never mind, I've found it. For others, it's on map lai lia 28 off NPW. I thought that place closed as I never see any cars there...it's still open huh...will have to give it a try sometime.

https://www.facebook.com/suggestionspattaya

• Thanks 1

Random Restaurant Ramblings by JayTee ermm.gif

CHOW BOX Reincarnated. (Spooky?)

Chow Box, the western style "Chinese" restaurant that was previously in the fancy garish digs on Tappraya road between South Pattaya and Jomtien has now opened at front of Pattaya New Plaza, 2nd road, south of Pattaya Klang.

No further info. I have never sampled any Chow Box.

http://www.soidb.com/pattaya/bar-complex/pattaya-new-plaza.html

I stopped by tonight to look at the menu.

I am pretty sure it's the same menu and prices as the original location.

Some sample dishes:

Hot and sour soup 120

Beef with black bean sauce 190

Some kind of crispy duck dish, 300 I think.

The current presentation of the place is kind of odd.

The main sign now is for the CHOW BOX place but the menu in front was for the old restaurant, some kind of "Bistro" serving European and Thai food.

A staff person told me they have all three menus now, Euro/Thai/Chinese and also that the CHEF is the same as from the last location.

I still haven't tried it and may never. When I feel like Western Chinese food (rarely) I go to WOK N ROK on Soi Buakhow.

Random Restaurant Ramblings by JayTee ermm.gif

CHOW BOX Reincarnated. (Spooky?)

Chow Box, the western style "Chinese" restaurant that was previously in the fancy garish digs on Tappraya road between South Pattaya and Jomtien has now opened at front of Pattaya New Plaza, 2nd road, south of Pattaya Klang.

No further info. I have never sampled any Chow Box.

http://www.soidb.com/pattaya/bar-complex/pattaya-new-plaza.html

I stopped by tonight to look at the menu.

I am pretty sure it's the same menu and prices as the original location.

Some sample dishes:

Hot and sour soup 120

Beef with black bean sauce 190

Some kind of crispy duck dish, 300 I think.

The current presentation of the place is kind of odd.

The main sign now is for the CHOW BOX place but the menu in front was for the old restaurant, some kind of "Bistro" serving European and Thai food.

A staff person told me they have all three menus now, Euro/Thai/Chinese and also that the CHEF is the same as from the last location.

I still haven't tried it and may never. When I feel like Western Chinese food (rarely) I go to WOK N ROK on Soi Buakhow.

I went to Chow Box when is was on Theppraya Rd a couple of years back. I didn't ever return as the food was bland and boring with an over reliance on corn starch as a flavouring which was compounded by the over zealous use of MSG. It was a weird experience eating it which I did not enjoy.

Chinese Restaurant

Large Chinese sign.

Seafood tanks / display in front (do not confuse with Chow Box!!!)

2nd road, east side, between Pattaya New Mall and Pattaya Klang, across the street from Brauhaus restaurant.

https://www.facebook.com/Brauhaus-Pattaya-372710112911233/

There doesn't appear to currently be an English sign.

I may have mentioned this place before but it's changed a lot over the years, so I think worth mentioning again.

It's run by Thai Chinese family from Macau. They cater mostly to Chinese tourists. Chinese food, fresh seafood by the weight, and also Thai food.

Frankly if this place was in Bangkok or San Francisco, it wouldn't be worth mentioning, but this is Pattaya with very limited Chinese choices.

The prices are reasonable for local Chinese food.

Recently had a very pleasant meal there.

Mapo Tofu w/ ground pork ordered extra spicy, 120 baht

This was a very pleasing dish. One of the best versions in town of this famous dish, and priced low.

Shrimp w/ scrambled egg, 150

This is an authentic Chinese preparation, not western egg foo young.

A simple dish also has green onions.

Pleasing as well.

One thing I don't recommend there are the noodle soups.

Nothing earth shaking about this place but if you're in the area and you want Chinese food, it'd suggest checking it out.

BTW, both of those same dishes are offered at the food court Roast Duck place in the Central Pattaya beach mall for less money, but this restaurant's versions are superior, so in my view, worth the extra cost.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1