Staff Have To Pay

smokie36

I wouldn't want to comment on any of my colleagues individual Western pubs, but all I can say is that I've never heard of any of my fellow landlords taking mistaken drinks out of wages and we at The Olde Bell certainly don't do that.

I guess many of us have issues, in that now that the minimum wage is 300 baht per day, we are expecting our staff to work more efficiently. Docking wages for incorrect drinks would be extreme though.

I know at least one of my colleagues contemplated taking the tips now that the minimum wage is in place, but anyone who actually carried through on that would quickly lose 'hard to replace' staff. It would also be a breach of faith with the customers who leave generous tips for the benefit of the staff - not to subsidise wages.

I commend your policy and I like your attitude.

Off topic, but I'm curious as to why you put 'hard to replace (staff)' in quotes. Are they in fact not that hard to replace, or did you just do that because you were quoting another poster's words?

Apologies for that, maybe parenthesis were not the correct grammatical mechanism for saying that: given Thailand's chronic labour shortage, my colleagues and I would not want to lose a good member of staff for the sake of a few hundred baht a week in tips.

• Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it was the whisky talking hahah,but weed out all these manipualtors.

The good honest business people will always attract good minded people who are happy to pass the message on.

the manipulators and abusers of their fellow manking be it staff or custoemer wil always eventually be found out

Sorry to be over dramatic but fed up with foreigners blaming Thais for everything

Encouraging Thais to believe in a plastic world of Irish theme bars and then maipulation of staff emotionally as well as customers

like i said before vote with your feet and weed these scumbags out.God i,m on my high horse here

go to the old bell ,give your money to a decen t bloke ,who cares about his staff and customers and from what i heard is an AUTHENTIC BRitish pub.

only thing i would say for it to be truelly authentic would be to show a real football team like th conquerers of Barcelona and no the hyped up English premieship crapthumbsup.gif