91 Benzine Gone Already?

illy

i know its been discussed ad nauseum but the old gasohol vs benzine debate/choice seems to have been taken out of our hands with the removal of 91 benzine entirely from sale in thailand.

so with that i mind does anyone know...?

#will there be any stations still selling it after jan 2013?. i am hoping "someone" will still sell it , just as the station [susco?] near the airport continued to sell 95 benzine even though it was not available anywhere else.

#are any of you guys using additives such as octane boosters,fuel injector cleaning additives, gasoline stabilisers etc such as "STA BIL" , in gasohol fuel? i understand that gasohol/ethanol fuels have a much shorter "shelf life" and its best to use it up as quickly as possible rather that leave it in the tank for any length of time. [which is where the 'sta bil' type product is handy but i have never used it in gasohol fuel.]

i am refering here to bigger high performance bikes not "scooters" , which seem to run fine on just about anything!...not so the bigger bikes it seems.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto, just came back from a run from Bangkok through Loei to Nong Khai, and benzine was everywhere OUTSIDE of Bangkok. Actually sitting right now trying to think of where to go around Onnut to fill up one of my bikes on benzine. It is disapearing fast here, but still everywhere outside the city.

Ditto, just came back from a run from Bangkok through Loei to Nong Khai, and benzine was everywhere OUTSIDE of Bangkok. Actually sitting right now trying to think of where to go around Onnut to fill up one of my bikes on benzine. It is disapearing fast here, but still everywhere outside the city.

There is a PTT station just past Sukhumvit 62, at Bang Chak, still has it too.

I don't think that PTT has it anymore

Same here, no problem to find benzin 91... In BKK, the PTT station next to my home on Ratchadapisek is selling it and I was in Khao Yai for 3 days last weekend and no problem to find it there as well...

Edited by Mactao

They did on Saturday when I filled up my tank.

Someone please explain, I have a diesel truck so never paid much attention. Gf got a new car a few weeks ago and was told to use 91, what should she use when 91 is not available? Also I filled the car up this morning at a PTT in Rayong and they had 91 and 95, which seemed to be the only choices apart from diesel. So what might the brand names of this gasohol be? Any negative effect on a new car?

Thanks - I know she will start panicking if she can't find 91, because that is what the dealer told her to use....

Decided to try a quite expensive Motul fuel system clean and boy, it made a hell of a difference on my ER-6F! Much smoother running engine now. I believe the main ingredient of this thing is toluene.

Sent from my Desire HD using Thaivisa Connect App

where did you buy this motul product? i presume it is fuel and injector cleaner of some sort?

Someone please explain, I have a diesel truck so never paid much attention. Gf got a new car a few weeks ago and was told to use 91, what should she use when 91 is not available? Also I filled the car up this morning at a PTT in Rayong and they had 91 and 95, which seemed to be the only choices apart from diesel. So what might the brand names of this gasohol be? Any negative effect on a new car?

Thanks - I know she will start panicking if she can't find 91, because that is what the dealer told her to use....

If the car is less than a few years old, say 10, then anything OTHER than diesel will be fine. She can go gasohol 91 or 95, or any kind of benzine. No problems for her car.

They did on Saturday when I filled up my tank.

Ok, I meant the one across the street, Petronas, no benzine at all. I was there earlier today. I didn't look at the PTT.

I am guessing it ran out in BK quick due to the population size.

I think once it is gone in the surrounding areas it is all gone & they are probably just

selling what is in the tank.

Which may also be something to consider?

Don't know as I would want what is bottom of the tanks here :)

We have 91 benzine everywhere in krabi they have even started installing self service pumps only selling benzine in all the villages at the road side so you don't need to buy it out of the old whiskey bottles anymore,the only downside is it's 49 bht a litre

Decided to try a quite expensive Motul fuel system clean and boy, it made a hell of a difference on my ER-6F! Much smoother running engine now. I believe the main ingredient of this thing is toluene.

where did you buy this motul product? i presume it is fuel and injector cleaner of some sort?

This product:

http://www.motul.com/th/en/products/98

Bought at Red Baron in Bangkok, you can order from them by EMS too.

950 baht is a high price, but for me it was perhaps the best money I've spent on the bike recently.

It's quite possible that no-name toluene-based fuel injector cleaners for 250 baht a bottle will work just as fine as this one, but I did not want to risk.

Benzine 91 and Benzine 95 is not so easy to get in Bangkok anymore. As soon as you leave Bangkok though, it's as common as muck. Why this is I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it's not what mania says

'I think once it is gone in the surrounding areas it is all gone & they are probably just

selling what is in the tank.'

As it's been this way for at least a couple of years now.

This product:

http://www.motul.com/th/en/products/98

Bought at Red Baron in Bangkok, you can order from them by EMS too.

950 baht is a high price, but for me it was perhaps the best money I've spent on the bike recently.

It's quite possible that no-name toluene-based fuel injector cleaners for 250 baht a bottle will work just as fine as this one, but I did not want to risk.

that looks good! yes i have bought from red baron before. i too have a kawa 650.[ninja] it realy does not run well on gasohol even 95.

ptt in ban chang have said they will no longer stock 91. they seem to think it will happen nationwide. caltex in pattaya also said they will get no more 91, but they said they will continue to stock 95 which is what my ducati needs

are you running your ducati on 95 benzine or 95 gasohol?

that looks good! yes i have bought from red baron before. i too have a kawa 650.[ninja] it really does not run well on gasohol even 95.

Just curious but when you say your 650 does not run well on gasohol 95 what are your symptoms?

Also is your 650 stock, still have the cat converter etc or aftermarket exhaust, etc?

that looks good! yes i have bought from red baron before. i too have a kawa 650.[ninja] it really does not run well on gasohol even 95.

Just curious but when you say your 650 does not run well on gasohol 95 what are your symptoms?

Also is your 650 stock, still have the cat converter etc or aftermarket exhaust, etc?

I have a stock ER6N and it runs fine on gasohol 95.
  • Like 1