91 Benzine Gone Already?

illy

post-140969-13598543029958_thumb.jpg

Still have one of these right next to my house. I walked by it last night and it was lite up like a Christmas tree. Everything looks like its working in order. The benzine gets very great performance but it is also very expensive. I think it's almost 50 baht a liter.

I own 2 of them for our Mini Mart. But once the 91 Benzine is gone I will have to change what we put in. I would like to run the 95 benzene but with the higher price it will run my Thai customers off. And most of the customers have older bikes and will start having trouble with 91 Gasohol. Not sure what to do.

my bike hold 21 liters of fuel and covers roughly 340km per tank so switching from 91 benzine to 95 will cost me approx 230 baht extra per tank a cost I'm willing to pay even though my bike will also run on E20 or E10, you also need to factor in the fact that benzine is more effiecient than gasohol so exact figures are not easy to work out but my power will go down and my usage will go up using anything other than benzine - is there a market for this fuel in the Thai community ? probably not as they will look to their respective car dealers and be advised that the cheaper gasohols are fine to use, I think the distributers need to look at the price level if they want to see more widespread use of benzine 95 as it does seem to be priced a little on the high side

Edited by smedly

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still have one of these right next to my house. I walked by it last night and it was lite up like a Christmas tree. Everything looks like its working in order. The benzine gets very great performance but it is also very expensive. I think it's almost 50 baht a liter.

Your comic fairing stands out nice in that pic.

Was your other pic in black & white?

No this is just an old picture. The bike is blue now.

• Like 1

this comic effect would be very eye catching if you had used topshelf magazines such as playboy ,hustler etc

imagine the looks on the faces of thai motorists when your stopped at the traffic lights .........whistling.gif

priceless ! :D

I just saw it in the 4 sale section.

Nice Bike! Seems like a very nice price too.

Yea I think the price is fair.

Thanks

Krs1 is looking for a used cbr, 150 or 250 smile.png

KRS1 is in CM I don't know if he would be willing to make a trip to Bangkok.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/616668-Cbr150R-Fi-For-Sale.-Bkk/page__view__findpost__p__6079648

I own 2 of them for our Mini Mart. But once the 91 Benzine is gone I will have to change what we put in. I would like to run the 95 benzene but with the higher price it will run my Thai customers off. And most of the customers have older bikes and will start having trouble with 91 Gasohol. Not sure what to do.

Surely people only put in 20-40 baht at those automated gas dispensers, n'est-ce pas? Its just for getting you down the road to a real gas station without running out of gas - like the guys selling from the whiskey bottles along the road. So, it shouldn't make a lot of difference what you put.

So far I'm running the Benzine 95 in my bikes, and its great - I've been quite surprised that I can in fact notice a difference in power over the Benzine 91.

Just started filling my Click 2012 with E20, works fine and only 33bht/litre

you know without any disrespect - I don't think it really matters what you put in your small 100-120cc bike, that little engine will motor on and even if there is an issue it's hardly going to be a big deal to repair - there are thousands of them in Thailand and you won't fall short of a place to do the most expensive repair (rebuild an engine) for a couple of K's, this thread is really about large displacement performance machines that actually can be severely damaged if the correct fuel is not being used, your Click will survive no matter and if you can think of any reasonable reason why you need to advise on fuel please share, 100 - 120 baht to fill a tank is hardly post worthy

...I don't think it really matters what you put in your small 100-120cc bike, that little engine will motor on and even if there is an issue it's hardly going to be a big deal to repair - there are thousands of them in Thailand and you won't fall short of a place to do the most expensive repair (rebuild an engine) for a couple of K's

Hey, for some of us a couple of thousand baht is prohibitive at our economic level. 2k is probably more to me than 200k is to some of these well heeled forumites.

High compression, high power engines can benefit from high octane fuel. Low compression, low power engines run fine on low octane fuel, in my experience. I`ve never noticed a difference in performance with the bike or scooter using fuel of a higher grade than that recommended by the manufacturer.

Criminey! But while I pay 47 bhat/liter for my fuel, my bikes cost about 5,000 each. wink.png

you may be proud of your 2 stroke ancient oil leaking 5000thb bikes running on 47thb benzine

but if you had a modern honda wave with PGMFI it would likely beat the running costs over an extended

stretch of time through maintanince (lack off ) and fuel economy running on 34 thb gasohol and doing 60-70 km per liter

• Like 1

It seems like the 91 benzine is gone in my area of Eastern Bangkok, but 95 benzine is available. I've said elsewhere, I've tried 95 gasohol and benzine in my new CBR250, but neither compared to Shell V-Power Nitro+ Gasohol, 40.7 baht per liter. I was getting a slight, reasonable vibration at 5k rpm, but with the Shell, nothing!

you know without any disrespect - I don't think it really matters what you put in your small 100-120cc bike, that little engine will motor on and even if there is an issue it's hardly going to be a big deal to repair - there are thousands of them in Thailand and you won't fall short of a place to do the most expensive repair (rebuild an engine) for a couple of K's, this thread is really about large displacement performance machines that actually can be severely damaged if the correct fuel is not being used, your Click will survive no matter and if you can think of any reasonable reason why you need to advise on fuel please share, 100 - 120 baht to fill a tank is hardly post worthy

Actually it takes 5.5Ls ....... usually about 170bht.

It seems like the 91 benzine is gone in my area of Eastern Bangkok, but 95 benzine is available. I've said elsewhere, I've tried 95 gasohol and benzine in my new CBR250, but neither compared to Shell V-Power Nitro+ Gasohol, 40.7 baht per liter. I was getting a slight, reasonable vibration at 5k rpm, but with the Shell, nothing!

How is it in the morning when u start it? I have small hesitation in the sound after start ( as it will stop), very slight,...which was bigger when i tried once gasohol 91, also some kind of knocking too that I felt when relaxing at traffic lights with my hands on the back seat. So I always used the benzine and there were none if these. Once 91 gone, I put 95, and I think there was very slight better performance.

Edited by Nebula

PTT executive vice president Saran Rangkasiri says that E20 gasohol, such as PTT's Blue Innovation E20, has a higher octane level than gasohol E10 (95 octane).

"Our E20 comprise of a base 91-octane benzene added with ethanol, which has much higher octane than benzene. The result is an octane level of 98-99 for the whole mixture," he said.

Saran admitted that E20 results in slightly higher fuel consumption than E10, but due to a lower retail price, using E20 could still result in savings of as much as 10 per cent, he added.

What about this ? Sorry if someone has commented it!

Edited by Nebula

PTT executive vice president Saran Rangkasiri says that E20 gasohol, such as PTT's Blue Innovation E20, has a higher octane level than gasohol E10 (95 octane).

"Our E20 comprise of a base 91-octane benzene added with ethanol, which has much higher octane than benzene. The result is an octane level of 98-99 for the whole mixture," he said.

Saran admitted that E20 results in slightly higher fuel consumption than E10, but due to a lower retail price, using E20 could still result in savings of as much as 10 per cent, he added.

Unless you have a scooter I & everyone else on TV would advise you to stay away from E20 & E10 usage only if you are running out of gas as a last resort. Even some scooters hate the E blends Yamaha Nuovo's hate anything E blend. personally I have always used benzine & will pay the 46-47 baht a liter for 95 benzine. Even in the U.S. AAA reported that ethanol is wearing out the engines quicker than they used to before the switching to bastardizing the fuel.

How is it in the morning when u start it? I have small hesitation in the sound after start ( as it will stop), very slight,...which was bigger when i tried once gasohol 91, also some kind of knocking too that I felt when relaxing at traffic lights with my hands on the back seat. So I always used the benzine and there were none if these. Once 91 gone, I put 95, and I think there was very slight better performance.

It's fine, jumps right awake, whatever I use! I swear it runs better than even 95 benzine, though there was a drop in km/l, perhaps because it was highway vs city driving.

Unless you have a scooter I & everyone else on TV would advise you to stay away from E20 & E10 usage only if you are running out of gas as a last resort. Even some scooters hate the E blends Yamaha Nuovo's hate anything E blend. personally I have always used benzine & will pay the 46-47 baht a liter for 95 benzine. Even in the U.S. AAA reported that ethanol is wearing out the engines quicker than they used to before the switching to bastardizing the fuel.

We all should be happy about gasohol. It helps keeping the economy running. Many new bikes are sold. Some because old bikes get broken due to use of gasohol. And many people buy new bikes because they "can save a lot of money" using gasohol, fuel injection and "idle stop" and such things. And if engines wear out quicker, who cares? We all are saving a lot money at the end. And if not, we at least support the world economy wink.png

Some owners of the Nouvo use gasohol without problems. Some like me have big problems. Crazy world smile.png

But there are a lot of other issues with gasohol that make me prefer benzine.

• Like 1

Please dont speak for everyone on thai visa. My nuovo s has run on 91 gasahol for 5000kilometers with no issues. Same for my 250 dtracker @ 3000 kilometers.

Please dont speak for everyone on thai visa. My nuovo s has run on 91 gasahol for 5000kilometers with no issues. Same for my 250 dtracker @ 3000 kilometers.

my nouvo has about 16,000km mainly on gasohol and runs fine

after been not used used for awhile it definately starts easier with benzine though but im not paying extra 22% fuel

for that alone

there is a kick starter anyway so if its been idle for awhile il just use that

i would only put benzine in an old bike i loved or something thats hard to get parts for either because they dont make them anymore

or it was never sold in thailand etc thats all that would justify the extra cost for me

for modern flexi-fuel engines i dont see the point really

Seriously though you are not using E20 right? Especially on a big bike. You would be better off with sraight benzine & a water drip system from the 50's drag race cars than cutting it with schlock fuel. but if you feel confident on that fuel it is your choice . I will get benzine for my engines. When they start running non benzine race engines on the tracks I will believe that the e- blends will not wreck the engines.

Just saying...............

Most nuovos tend to have problems starting if left for a while & not started often cutting the fuel with duff is just adding insult to injury.

My small scooter only gets benzine & never has the typical problem. My ER6N will never see any E fuel if I can avoid it.10 baht more a liter is not a game breaker for me.

this comic effect would be very eye catching if you had used topshelf magazines such as playboy ,hustler etc

imagine the looks on the faces of thai motorists when your stopped at the traffic lights .........whistling.gif

priceless ! biggrin.png

if i would have used such a provocative magazine, I would probably be looking for a new job right now...

BTW after a few day the paper started peeling off. I was afraid that when i washed the bike the paper would get ruined from the water. So I decided to just switch it back to the painted side.