Sunsets And Sunrises

Kan Win

Nice to see your pics Cornish.... even though they are a bit wonky! tongue.png

The end of yesterday.... on dry land! .... Samui

Hi,

I went to Samui thinking of getting some nice long exposures.

Seems the sea was like a lake is it a seasonal thing?

Or is the sea just like that all the time, found some investing places to shoot but the movement in the sea was a real disappointment.

Was It that I planned to visit the wrong time of the year?

Oh it can really vary, Mr H. from day to day, beach to beach,...

Quite honestly it's hard to tell.... I must admit I not been to a beach since May 1st , but I would guess looking at sun in the west, that the west coast beaches on Samui might be nice these last few days.

Not sure if you hit Nathon, while you were here, but that can be nice in the evenings with fish boats .... it's about a 12 kms drive for me, sometimes I am not up to it! facepalm.gif

Last trip to a beach May 1st as the sun was going down.... Maenam beach...near me.

Thanks, I spent my time riding around on a motorcycle looking for interesting places, I will visit the place again now I kinda know the right places.

There is a nice bar near the big Buddha, a little bar on the corner, nice rock formations and shoots straight into the sunset.

I did notice there were very long beaches in Samui with little more than Sand, Samui I guess you really need to work to find some shots.

• Like 2

thanks sunshine . I guess the shot is more about the sky, however I find the foreground (rubbish and man in white) makes my eye "move" around the whole scene. sort of from the right to the left then into the sky rather than just "the sky" . would love any other comments :)

@bundycat I don't think you can crop the building and make the image look 'right' ... the original crop is better. If the rubbish is distracting then clone it out. For me though, the sky is the distracting element since it is overdone ... it looks artificial. Just my 2p :-)

• Like 1

^^ tang thanks for the comments..this was how the sky was!..I don't understand what you mean by "clone it out" ? I feel it is more than just a sunset..ie "a scene" ..? wink.png

This might help you BC regarding "clone it out" Clone Tool Wiki link

I think it is wonderful seeing people interact and swapping idea about their images,BUT it does kinda fill the thread up with loads of

comments.What about you use the Evaluate my photo topic we have? It could be a good way of getting more feedback and suggestions

to your questions or queries.

While I am here,if I may I would like to share with you my thoughts regarding your photo.You said that you felt that "it is more than just a sunset..ie "a scene"

My thoughts are,well it's half a scene.....half a shack,half a man and half a story......and so half a scene!....A few steps back,so you would of been able

to get more of the shack and man in the image ,then you would of had a scene,possibly a great image.Hope no offense was taken by opinion,it was

meant in the best possible way.

• Like 2