Looking To Buy Used Cooking Oil

ozzy111

Surely shipping a load of used cooking oil with impurities adding to it is incredibly expensive at least $100 per ton when shipping only 1000 tons?, and the amount of carbon produced in shipping it and the marine fuel used to ship it ? I suggest you set up a plant here

I am sure the compnay who wishes to purchase it will realise this, essentially producing more emissions, and paying more in energy (if not for fuel itself) per ton of biodiesel produced.

I think the biodiesel from used cooking oil is great, but for the local region, is this really profitable? and if it is profitable how are you getting around the biodiesels producers green credentials required in eu

Surely shipping a load of used cooking oil with impurities adding to it is incredibly expensive at least $100 per ton when shipping only 1000 tons?, and the amount of carbon produced in shipping it and the marine fuel used to ship it ? I suggest you set up a plant here

I am sure the compnay who wishes to purchase it will realise this, essentially producing more emissions, and paying more in energy (if not for fuel itself) per ton of biodiesel produced.

I think the biodiesel from used cooking oil is great, but for the local region, is this really profitable? and if it is profitable how are you getting around the biodiesels producers green credentials required in eu

I buy it here for $450=500USD per MT and sell it for $750-$800 so yes after shiping costs there is a tidy profit as for "green credentials" I let them worry about it

In western countries I see deep fry vendors (food shops) put their oil through filters daily and then after an X amount of days, replace it. I truck comes and collects it.

In Thailand I only see vendors ever topping it up as they use the oil and it is sold absorbed in food products. I would love a several hundred L a month for personal bio diesel use, but it all became to hard to source the used cooking oil.

• 4 weeks later...

I buy it here for $450=500USD per MT and sell it for $750-$800 so yes after shiping costs there is a tidy profit as for "green credentials" I let them worry about it

That is amazing, I was sure eu would want some sort of documentation showing this oil has not been shipped in from Asia at a cost of so many tons of co2 to produce biodiesel which will produce another expetive load of co2 as well as unused byproduct, and process costs, that you put in your vehicle or wat not so that you may have a clear green concience.

Fair do's to you ozzy111. I am disgusted by the people who are paying for this oil, and amazed you can buy used oil at the same price as chemical products maybe you could buy 3 tons of methanol for that, no forget that I think it is equivalent to current rate of 1 ton of brent if pricing in bkk post is to beleived.

I saw a piece on cnbc about a company in KL turning used cooking oil in to bio diesel and selling the feul direct back to motorists / truck and bus companies. You think the same could work here or the prices are too subsidised by government to make it economical?

This was 100% recylced fuel from the oil; not mixed % with fresh diesel. With a bonus by product of glysorine wich has demand in other uses ; apparently in cosmetics.

Usually companies are looking for an outlet for the glycerine which is oversupplied, it can be used in all sorts of things, but otherwise it is an expensive waste product.

I am still shocked by the price paid for this stuff in europe and why no locals are doing similar, people walk around picking plastic out of bins and off the floor to recycle it as a living. why if locals are so enterprising on plastics and paper are they not equally enterprising on the cooking oil

I know that some just filter and resell as new oil but still

Usually companies are looking for an outlet for the glycerine which is oversupplied, it can be used in all sorts of things, but otherwise it is an expensive waste product.

I am still shocked by the price paid for this stuff in europe and why no locals are doing similar, people walk around picking plastic out of bins and off the floor to recycle it as a living. why if locals are so enterprising on plastics and paper are they not equally enterprising on the cooking oil

I know that some just filter and resell as new oil but still

Yeah; I wondered in its just a lack of the first investor to by the equipment to make diesel. If it worked then surely get copied everywhere. But I thought maybe the reason no ones done it is because the cost of fuel here is relatively so much cheaper than in EU and they probably insentivising it through the tax system.

I'm still intrigued by it.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day Ozzy,

We are sourcing agent in Bangkok, Thailand with a strong network of manufacturers and suppliers. We have sourced used cooking oil for a biodiesel manufacturer to be sent back to USA.

It would most appreciated if we can discuss some possible venture that might ease your troubles doing business with Thailand.

If you don't mind, could you please kindly give us your contact details and we will contact you.

On the other hand, you may contact us at [email protected] or dial at +66 8 7 502 2777

If you need more information, company profiles/registration papers, etc, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to be hearing from you.

With Great Respects,

Chaturon

Ideo Muse Company Limited

*We are a registered experts in exporting, importing, and manufacturing products in Thailand.