Farm Photos

shaggy1969

just how are you going to keep- your birds safe from snake, rats, cats etc. jake?. i know i am being negative thinking, but plan for worst cases and you dont have so many disappointments. my grandfather used to make it my responsibility to patrol the premiter with various weapons to protect his birds from harm. the varminets meaning harm can be very clever in finding avenues to get access.

my arsenal for defense of his birds ranged from 22 caliber rifle, 410 shotgun, sling shot, tree limbs trimed to size, etc. one time we poured gasoline/diesel combo down rat holes and set it afire, used hose from engine exhaust ti entrance hole. never sure who won the war but grandpa finally gave up on his exotic bird hobby. the good paqrt was we got to eat the pheasant/grouse.

just how are you going to keep- your birds safe from snake, rats, cats etc. jake?. i know i am being negative thinking, but plan for worst cases and you dont have so many disappointments. my grandfather used to make it my responsibility to patrol the premiter with various weapons to protect his birds from harm. the varminets meaning harm can be very clever in finding avenues to get access.

my arsenal for defense of his birds ranged from 22 caliber rifle, 410 shotgun, sling shot, tree limbs trimed to size, etc. one time we poured gasoline/diesel combo down rat holes and set it afire, used hose from engine exhaust ti entrance hole. never sure who won the war but grandpa finally gave up on his exotic bird hobby. the good paqrt was we got to eat the pheasant/grouse.

hi slapout,

if you look through some of my other pics you will see we have had an aviary with budgies for years now,

we dont get problems with snakes at all,

round or property there is a post and barbed wife fence, at the bottom of this is corrigated tin, then onto all this there is that white plastic square wire with 1/2" holes, snakes try and come through that and get stuck, they can get there head through but not the rest, they cant go backwards so just die there, we find a couple a month in the wire,,

if they do get though that and its a big if, we have a wall as you can see round the garden part of our home, 1 mtr high and again wire on top of that,

then ive got 3 dogs and 2 ferrol cats, the cats just came, one lives in my barn and the other sleeps in the pump shed,

they dont seem to bother the budgies or my 50 fancy pigeons,

i think they are here for the mice,

• Like 2