Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Oh, and the best chicken I have had in Thailand...

On the way from Krabi to Phuket... Such a good marinade and cooked to perfection..

Missus insists on 1 every time we drive past, it's picked clean before we have driven 30ks smile.png

attachicon.gifP1020353.jpg

attachicon.gifP1020354.jpg

We've got a bunch of good photographers here.... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/84-photography-and-the-arts/

These types of pics would be good to place there... Like here a friendly crowd!!!! Come join us.... thumbsup.gif

On the way from Krabi to Phuket... Such a good marinade and cooked to perfection..

Missus insists on 1 every time we drive past, it's picked clean before we have driven 30ks smile.png

Welcome. Also you could post other foods right here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/615511-food-photography/

Well it was as close to a farm photo as I could manage, actually not sure they came from a farm !!!

The message quoting system isn't working properly, againcoffee1.gif .

Cornish Carlos said:

Well it was as close to a farm photo as I could manage, actually not sure they came from a farm !!!

DAL's reply:

Your chickens definitively came from there. So in a way that's relevant.thumbsup.gif .

What about the blue basket with the thick unsliced meat around? What is the purpose of this?

Thinly sliced meats or fish are left to dry in the sun usually..

Edited by Dancealot

What about posting some photos of your birds?,Ducks,geese,guinea fowl and peacocks sounds definitely farmish to me.

• Like 2

... and so it has ... a brand new page.

EDITED to add ...

Just thought I'd share how they control the weeds/grasses through spraying.

attachicon.gifLR Weed Spraying 016.jpg

attachicon.gifLR Weed Spraying 017.jpg

It's a pump they simply place on the back of the Farm Bike.

Just to add :

When spraying herbicides, rule of thumb - eye protection, breathing mask, cover up bodily wound, no smoking (inhale of vapours) and no drinking of water in between work.

(many have died ! Serious ! I attended many funerals and paid out many "Sa Ma Chik" village payment, some had full 6 "elderly group" Sa Ma Chik )

Sa Ma Chik - short for "membership" of village's insurance fund, usually in group of "village funeral fund", "elderly group fund" etc etc... ฿10-20 per group (times 6 or more groups) per household member, pay-out upon death. My wife insured 5 family members including me. closedeyes.gif

Pay-out is meant for taking care of expenses for funeral.

Edited by RedBullHorn

Ohw, Shaggy i was just busy with making a post about Thai village crematoriums in response to RBH's last post...

But now i do not think this is appropriate anymore..

Sorry mate,bad timing on my behalf !!! wai.gif

but they do say when one door closes another one opens.

Ohw, Shaggy i was just busy with making a post about Thai village crematoriums in response to RBH's last post...

Sir, Shaggy.

There...whistling.gif i found a scared baby bird for you who just fell out of it's nest but got lucky and caught on a branch and waiting now for her dad to come pick her up.

Imagine falling out of your nest and don't know what world your have landed in. I would hold to my branch for awhile until someone i can trust comes along.

post-70928-0-62304700-1368724406_thumb.j

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 2

Sir, Shaggy.

There...whistling.gif i found a scared baby bird for you who just fell out of it's nest but got lucky and caught on a branch and waiting now for her dad to come pick her up.

Imagine falling out of your nest and don't know what world your have landed in. I would hold to my branch for awhile until someone i can trust comes along.

attachicon.gifIMG_6057.JPG

I have fallen out of a few nests in my time mate I can tell you.

Some even say that I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down,not quite sure what the meant by that whistling.gif

Nice photo of the young bird btw thumbsup.gif

(I do hope that is my bag of tobacco that you promised me on your shoulder)

Edited by shaggy1969

Sir, Shaggy.

attachicon.gifIMG_6057.JPG

I have fallen out of a few nests in my time mate I can tell you.

Some even say that I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down,not quite sure what the meant by that whistling.gif

Nice photo of the young bird btw thumbsup.gif

(I do hope that is my bag of tobacco that you promised me on your shoulder)

Smoking it now. This was a 30kg bag, which contains about 30 leaves that will weigh 800grams after drying 40 days

Just a friendly reminder to all.

You don't have to have a farm or be a farmer to share photos on this thread,all farm/rural/village shots are welcome.

Saying that.....

The photos from TVF farmers that have already posted on this thread are just that little bit more special.

To the farmers on here that haven't already posted....don't be shy,we would love to see them.wai.gif

• Like 1

Can't wait to see some fresh input. Soidog & RBH are wonderfull. There are a lot of people out there who are reading but not sharing, it's ok to show your "face".

Like Carlos said before

It's the least abusive forum, so I'm sticking in here blink.png

• Like 1

When spraying herbicides, rule of thumb - eye protection, breathing mask, cover up bodily wound, no smoking (inhale of vapours) and no drinking of water in between work.

(many have died ! Serious ! I attended many funerals ..

Timely words and a reminder to all of the dangers that herbicides and pesticides which are available here which would be banned at home.

Proper application is important, spray drift is an issue.

Spray frugally and safely ... live long and prosper llapplz.jpg?1

• Like 2

I'm liking that last Farm photo above #9436 ... the one where the picker is being held aloft by

the handles of the tractor and the back of Miss Farm worker!

From the same shoot:

post-70928-0-36399000-1368813362_thumb.j post-70928-0-17979300-1368813406_thumb.j

Throttle mechanics on the monster machine.

post-70928-0-25822800-1368813452_thumb.j post-70928-0-25696100-1368813503_thumb.j

• Like 2