Farm Photos

shaggy1969

The large ears are a automatic lower price (could go as high as 4 cents a pound) at the auction barn if a calf is headed for the feed lot., due to less gain per amount of feed consumed.

Thats why a breeder bull who could knock the ears and horns off was so prized by the cow/calf operators.

• Like 2

The large ears are a automatic lower price (could go as high as 4 cents a pound) at the auction barn if a calf is headed for the feed lot., due to less gain per amount of feed consumed.

Thats why a breeder bull who could knock the ears and horns off was so prized by the cow/calf operators.

An interesting fact there slapout,thanks for sharing thumbsup.gif

Now .... we should get Oilinki and a few others involved from the southern regions..... I looked at the Phuket Photos last night, I am sure these guys there could find a farm or two~ in their area !! thumbsup.gif

It seems to me a bit over weighted with you guys in the north! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Even if Phuket is pretty much touristic place, we still have some farming here. These are often off the beaten track.

Working water buffalo @Paklok, Phuket

17967_291922929036_612449036_3466330_713

Cow's food court, Thalang Phuket

2012-08-11_18-33-40.jpg

Water buffalos crossing the road, Thalang, Phuket. This is the location where 'Good Morning Vietnam' movie was filmed.

Few more water buffaloes, Bangkok near Moo ban Nakkila

p1060535.jpg

Now .... we should get Oilinki and a few others involved from the southern regions..... I looked at the Phuket Photos last night, I am sure these guys there could find a farm or two~ in their area !! thumbsup.gif

It seems to me a bit over weighted with you guys in the north! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Oilinki must go on a mission to the farm for this..... OR does he have farm photo's already?

[edit] Hello Oilinki!

Edited by Dancealot

Even if Phuket is pretty much touristic place, we still have some farming here. These are often off the beaten track.

Working water buffalo @Paklok, Phuket

Cow's food court, Thalang Phuket

Water buffalos crossing the road, Thalang, Phuket. This is the location where 'Good Morning Vietnam' movie was filmed.

Few more water buffaloes, Bangkok near Moo ban Nakkila

Great fact! Isn't it amazing to know parts of 'Apocalypse now' where also filmed in Thailand.

Great start Oilinki.... now lets see pictures of it raining Buffaloes and elephants! biggrin.png

So Phuket does have a "slow lane" .... Love the buffalo and cart... thumbsup.gif

except for impatient drivers who won't stop for a moment to allow for crossing the road bah.gifsad.png

Thanks for the invitation here!

@dancelot Hi! I like these kind of topics as these act as catalyst to get the lazy behind up and get out to take some photos. More will come, hopefully. I'm not sure if the other movie has been shoot here. IMDB did not mention Thalang. I might have checked wrong movie though :)

@samuijimmy: The cyclone which is or was at Bangladesh and Burma turned the rain from fon tok to nam tok. Cat's and Dogs are just not enough to describe the rain.

@tywais: I wouldn't mind at all if a pretty bird would pick my nose. Which reminds me that I have to go out the home more and take some photos. Maybe on the way have a stop somewhere where to get shelter from the rain and have some beers.. my nose is already itching!

Come to think of it we didn't hear from Ron19 for awhile here, he is busy harvesting and growing new rice as we speak. I'll ask him, I am curious.

No .it's nothing like that in fact it could not be further from what's been happening.It's a long story and I could go into a great amount of detail but instead will give you a much shorter version.To start my son in-law has been working the farm for us and hiring himself and the tractor out then got into drugs (ya bah) and then letting the farm go,not putting money aside for fuel,booking fuel up which ment he must of been using the money for drugs.So the finish of all this is that we have leased the farm out for two years and sold the tractor.Very sad after spending 3 million baht setting him up with a house ,machinery and extra land giving him a chance to make something of himself and then to have this happen.By the way,he is not a kid ,he is 45.

Come to think of it we didn't hear from Ron19 for awhile here, he is busy harvesting and growing new rice as we speak. I'll ask him, I am curious.

No .it's nothing like that in fact it could not be further from what's been happening.It's a long story and I could go into a great amount of detail but instead will give you a much shorter version.To start my son in-law has been working the farm for us and hiring himself and the tractor out then got into drugs (ya bah) and then letting the farm go,not putting money aside for fuel,booking fuel up which ment he must of been using the money for drugs.So the finish of all this is that we have leased the farm out for two years and sold the tractor.Very sad after spending 3 million baht setting him up with a house ,machinery and extra land giving him a chance to make something of himself and then to have this happen.By the way,he is not a kid ,he is 45.

Must be frustrating Ron.

• Like 1

@ Ron

I would just like to second what DAL said and to wish you good luck.

Hopefully after the two year lease is up you will be back on the farm yourself.

As I said in the PM,a BIG thank you for your photos....knowing now the story behind them make them that much more special !!!! wai.gif