Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Ron19 ... what is the theft potential like? We'll call them the 'night-pickers'.

It's such an issue with the fish Farmers and I presume also with a crop like yours?

Or maybe it's just to large fruit for such a small price ... I don't know.

Ron19 ... what is the theft potential like? We'll call them the 'night-pickers'.

It's such an issue with the fish Farmers and I presume also with a crop like yours?

Or maybe it's just to large fruit for such a small price ... I don't know.

There will always some people that are not prepared to do the right thing but to answer your question,you might lose the odd one or two fruits but you would never know unless someone cleaned out the whole crop besides there are Papaya trees all over the village and theft from the sisters crop would be unlikely.

• Like 1

What sort of building is going up?

Are those columns at 4 metre intervals?

Two story construction?

It was a project/hobby pen for wild pigs,runts and poor developing pigs.....and Marissa.

Don't ask me why but I always took a liking to the odd ball pigs blink.png

DSCF8892%2520-%2520Copy.jpg

DSCF9056%2520-%2520Copy.jpg

• Like 2

That shot above of the 5 pigs walking towards you ... clap2.gif

and the one of the completed sty's facing each other ... thumbsup.gif

(admiring both the photo and the building technique)

May I ask what the build cost was on the sty's ?

What you used for footings?

How deep those footings were?

Durian growing is big business on parts of Samui, especially at the higher elevations on the southern side of the island. Thousands of trees starting to bare fruit, ready Sept / Oct....

A Thai friend says that one farm of about 200 rai, brings in over 25 million baht, on average and all shipped to China,... that surprised me!

Samui%2520Backroads%2520June%2520Jun%252

My durian "stall" friend in Singpore drive 3 Mercedes Benz E Series with an annual profit of S$ 2 mil...

Just a "license" road side 3 x 15m stall at a prominent location.

Edited by RedBullHorn
  • Like 1

That shot above of the 5 pigs walking towards you ... clap2.gif

and the one of the completed sty's facing each other ... thumbsup.gif

(admiring both the photo and the building technique)

May I ask what the build cost was on the sty's ?

What you used for footings?

How deep those footings were?

Thanks David for being interested.

Normally I wouldn't talk about money,but seeing as though it's you.

If I remember rightly the total price was 60,000 (including water tower).

Many of you are probably thinking a lot of money to spend on wild pigs and runts.blink.png

You would be right in saying so.....but I didn't see that as part of the business,it was going to be my hobby pen.

Used standard 'footed' concrete poles and dug them done 30% of their length.

Also what you can't see is a wall 2 stone deep under ground level to stop the pigs digging themselves to freedom laugh.png

Nah ... I was quite impressed with them ... they just 'looked right' ... proportion and build quality.

And, as for 60,000 ... nah ... not to much at all ... you got a quality product.

As for the footing ... just curious.

In the Bangkok mud, house footing typically go down 15 - 20 metres (not a misprint).

MissFarmGirl's Farmhouse is slowing sinking on one end into the soil due to the lack of adequate footings.

Thanks ...

• Like 1

No livestock here but please see some of our sugarcane.

First picture is very large; sorry if your monitor cannot handle it.

soidog,

My compliments to you,not only for showing your wonderful farm but also your photography skills.....top class !!!

I lurk on this topic as an ardent fan. This is the soul of the Farmers Forum for me. Check the statistics on length of time, number of views and posts. These are people who are, have been or will be actively involved, passionate. Shaggy keep leading the charge for us but spare a little time for that brand new special someone waiting to meet her very own Dad.

IsaanAussie,that really is such a nice compliment and on behalf of myself and the other guys that post on this thread. I thank you.

Only another 3 weeks to go now and I can hold my little boy for the first time and to be with the ones I love.I am counting down every minute until that time comes.

I hope that the other members enjoy this thread and would love for them to show their own farms also.(You included my friend.)

I feel excited and happy for you, you will see and touch your baby for the first time. smile.png

• Like 1