Farm Photos

shaggy1969

A few snaps from our road trip around Trang this weekend.

Visit to a Sago worm farm. Very interesting and could be a project at chez Cornish !

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Battery died after that shot, so as they say in the cartoons, that's all folks smile.png

That's a maggot, Cornish... Not a worm...

Don't let Wormfarmer hear about this.....whistling.gif

A few snaps from our road trip around Trang this weekend.

Visit to a Sago worm farm. Very interesting and could be a project at chez Cornish !

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Battery died after that shot, so as they say in the cartoons, that's all folks smile.png

That's a maggot, Cornish... Not a worm...

Don't let Wormfarmer hear about this.....whistling.gif

Freaking big maggot then :)

Nearly 2" long some of them after 5 weeks !!

Not a farm picture, a picture of a farm girl in a farm house with a pig's head.

"How are you going to cook that?"

"I don't know, this is my first one."

It turned out very delicious, I never had a doubt.

Hi riceyummm

Farm girl in a farm house tick all the boxes for me.

Thanks for taking the time to share your photo with us.

Is it just my imagination or is the pig smiling as well?

Yeah, me too ..... interesting mood created being that little bit darker.

Also only three more pages until the big 100 pages. Calls for a drink thenas a celebration !!!! You have dun good Shaggy ! and everybody else too !

How will we celebrate this occasion?

Say thanks to Shaggy?

Yeah, me too ..... interesting mood created being that little bit darker.

Also only three more pages until the big 100 pages. Calls for a drink thenas a celebration !!!! You have dun good Shaggy ! and everybody else too !

How will we celebrate this occasion?

Say thanks to Shaggy?

Shaggy's Shout ... thumbsup.gif

That's got a nice ring to it I reckon ...

• Like 1

Who's buying for the celebration ? tongue.png

IMG_7678.JPG

Yep... it's been a great thread thumbsup.gif

What do you mean "it's been a great thread"

My computer will die before this thread smile.png

It has put many smiles on many faces and will continue to do so...

Long live the thread smile.png

P.S Lucy is doing great

OK it IS a great thread!!!! When we get to 200 pages your shout! wink.png tongue.png

Not a job I want to do!

Awesome set of photos there David. thumbsup.gif

Your right,it's not a job you want to do........I spent the first eight years of my working life in the fish industry bah.gif

I can't imagine doing the same work in the heat of Thailand,I take my hat off to those ladies. wai.gif

• Like 1

I have removed a post modifying another member's photo and replies. Need to use some care here in modifying another poster's photos without their permission or request as it starts heading into copyright violations. It (modified copy) is referred to as derivative work and does not fall under fair use laws. It's a complex issue but hope everyone understands the point and the potential for misuse.

Also, post processing of images by other than the creator should probably stay in the photography forum as it would be considered off topic doing such outside of there.

Absolutely...

But I give everyone permission to spin my Ipad wonky pics for easier viewing. Obviously only the 1st person to spin them, otherwise it will be a never ending spin cycle :)

What about those who process the Fish nearby but outside the Farm?

Not a job I want to do!,

Thanks for posting a clear example of the division between woman's and men's chores.

For me it is very important those duty's are divided or shared. I have seen many exmples of this at my family's farm.

For instance Farm dad will help out the girls(and I have seen him doing woman's work) when this is a high priority. I immensly respect this man.

I also think daily duties, no matter how insignificant they might seem for personal developement, are the stronghold for staying happy together.

I have removed a post modifying another member's photo and replies. Need to use some care here in modifying another poster's photos without their permission or request as it starts heading into copyright violations. It (modified copy) is referred to as derivative work and does not fall under fair use laws. It's a complex issue but hope everyone understands the point and the potential for misuse.

Also, post processing of images by other than the creator should probably stay in the photography forum as it would be considered off topic doing such outside of there.

Yes, I should have asked Shaggy first.... I promise not to do it again! .... no worries! .... sorry! wai2.gif

(4)Last set of photos from my plowing lesson

After chewing on with the tractor for a couple of rows I stopped for a ciggie break and to take in some much needed water.

A couple more handy tips from Uncle a change of hat and I was ready to get back plowing.

20130729-P1030595.jpg

20130729-P1030594.jpg

20130729-P1030598.jpg

20130729-P1030597.jpg

At the end of the day when the rice was planted and the field was plowed I was shattered,not only from the work I had done but also the heat

and the burning sun being on me all day.It also taught me a lesson in humility,all my life I have grafted and have never been afraid to get my

hands dirty........but that one days work at my Uncles place taught me an even more higher level of respect for Thai farmers and what they need

to do just to make a living and in some cases just to survive.

clap2.gifFull credit goes to the wonderful Mrs Shaggy for taking the photos of me with the tractor clap2.gif

Looking at the very first picture of your "plowing lesson" I wanted to give you a big " RESPECT ! " just for

the attempt of trying it!

But see you doing it for the whole(!) day and in the end deliver a really good job makes me shake my head

in disbelieve... be assured, your uncle is proud of you!

I've seen quite a few men sitting in the dirt near their " Rot Tai's " cry and cursing their mothers.

• Like 1

Looking at the very first picture of your "plowing lesson" I wanted to give you a big " RESPECT ! " just for

the attempt of trying it!

But see you doing it for the whole(!) day and in the end deliver a really good job makes me shake my head

in disbelieve... be assured, your uncle is proud of you!

I've seen quite a few men sitting in the dirt near their " Rot Tai's " cry and cursing their mothers.

Thank you Chonburiram for your kind words,they are much appreciated.

Although, I only managed a half day plowing because we were planting rice in the morning.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and look forward to doing it again.Hopefully the next

time I do it my body won't feel so broken the next day.

I did have the good fortune to see another expert in action later on that week,the young man

was almost half my size and a good foot shorter,but somehow managed to throw his tractor

around as if it were a rag doll and with pin point accuracy.....truly amazing to watch.