Wanting To Make Some New Friends

davofromoz

We are a professional family moving to khoa Tao and takiab in may. We are in early 40,s but act a lot younger at times as we love getting out for a few drinks and laughs. Is there some social groups that we can fit into with people that are down to earth and genuine. We are adrenaline junkies but also like to kick back after working hard during the week.

Well they have a lawn bowling thread going on. That should get your adrenaline going, especially if some of the ladies are wearing skirts that show some ankle wink.png

Personally, I reckon you may just have to rely on your colleagues at work to make some introductions. One good thing about Hua Hin is its sizeable "middle and professional" class. It is far easier to meet interesting reputable Thais in Hua Hin than a place like Patong or Pattaya, safer too. thumbsup.gif

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1

im 29 and live in koh tao but am saving every single baht i can for the next couple of months.

Theres a karaoke bar called nong bew in mae haad that has some regular older farang who just get sloshed every 2nd day. they own bussinesses here.

i go there too but there not really my cup of tea. arrogant french.

apart from that there is a bit of a scene of locals but i wouldn't know how to go about meeting them. i think they are mostly from diving etc.

you could go to banyan bar. there are always friendly and chatty residents sitttin around there.

They have a small cinema there that they like to have a few beers and watch things with people.

• Like 1

Well they have a lawn bowling thread going on. That should get your adrenaline going, especially if some of the ladies are wearing skirts that show some ankle wink.png

Personally, I reckon you may just have to rely on your colleagues at work to make some introductions. One good thing about Hua Hin is its sizeable "middle and professional" class. It is far easier to meet interesting reputable Thais in Hua Hin than a place like Patong or Pattaya, safer too. thumbsup.gif

Thanks, that's good news. I look forward to meeting new people , and may even try out the old lawn bowls one day :)

im 29 and live in koh tao but am saving every single baht i can for the next couple of months.

Theres a karaoke bar called nong bew in mae haad that has some regular older farang who just get sloshed every 2nd day. they own bussinesses here.

i go there too but there not really my cup of tea. arrogant french.

apart from that there is a bit of a scene of locals but i wouldn't know how to go about meeting them. i think they are mostly from diving etc.

you could go to banyan bar. there are always friendly and chatty residents sitttin around there.

They have a small cinema there that they like to have a few beers and watch things with people.

Thanks for the tip, sounds like I might have to drop into the banyan bar, might even bump into you, I'll shout you a drink.

there is an aussie bar in takiab,its called beer oclock.Theres also the hashhouse harriers which is a social group who have the motto a drinking club that runs,also a bike riding club which is a extension of this group.

There is a hackers golf club called the bushwhackers that play all the free and cheap golf courses around hua hin,its supposed to be a bit of a laugh.

You also have all the kite surfing hangouts along khao kalok beach as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...