2013 All Food Related.restaurants,recipes, Suggestions Etc...

Would anyone happen to know if the sausage skins on sale at Makro are natural hog casings or collagen casings?

I think they are natural. I have a new box at home that I didn't use , let me check. You can have it if you want.

A box?

Do you have a sausage stuffer for sale?

sausage_stuffer.jpg

I do have a stuffer, but it is part of the mincer. Not for sale. But might be able to get one on my next trip.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me where in Makro I can find sausage skins? I have looked all over the place and can only find pig intestines and I would prefer the collagen variety

Only have the pig of what I've seen & that's what I got.You can always ask at the office, they very helpful.

Greek food, great taste authentic flavors. Had it for lunch today . FI Greek restaurant opposite side entrance to Tesco Chaweng.

Friday evenings buffet for 249.-THB, great value and indeed great food.

• Like 1

Greek food, great taste authentic flavors. Had it for lunch today . FI Greek restaurant opposite side entrance to Tesco Chaweng.

We just missed you Rooo - we were there for dinner tonight.

Great food - not cheap but also not expensive - excellent quality, good clean restaurant and everything is fresh and homemade.

I understand that you should book if you want the Friday buffet. (Or get there early.)

Great food - not cheap but also not expensive - excellent quality, good clean restaurant and everything is fresh and homemade.

I understand that you should book if you want the Friday buffet. (Or get there early.)

They are also opening a new one called Mythos in Maenam next week.

Yes, just caught the sign today driving by, it's between Soi 2 and Soi 3 near Samui Cable,... opposite side to Angela's... Place looked a bit small, but looked like it was open... will have to try sometime! thumbsup.gif

Yes, just caught the sign today driving by, it's between Soi 2 and Soi 3 near Samui Cable,... opposite side to Angela's... Place looked a bit small, but looked like it was open... will have to try sometime! thumbsup.gif

I stopped to take a closer look at Mythos this morning... Sign says opening Saturday 17 th... the place looks very small!

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

I know some will approve, some will flame me, but anyway :

Today I went with 3 old ladies (family...) at Eat Sense on sunbeds. We ordered a few juices, cokes, water, ...

Total was around 700thb. In fact it was 600thb, according to the menu/pricelist, but they add VAT+service (17%)... wasn't mentioned. Ok no problem, I am sometime used to it...

They also tried to charge us for a Singha but we didn't take one. But it was a mistake so mai pen rai.

They asked us 1400thb (instead of 700) because min amount to be spent is 350thb/person/day for using sunbeds. But we were not warned about this.

We refused to pay, and we didn't pay. I told one of the old ladies to give them 700thb + a small tip and we left.

But I am really disappointed the prices are so high. 350thb for a sunbed in Thailand, and poor juice fruit with sooo many sugar sad.png

The min. would be to inform customers first.

I know it is also my bad to come to this "luxurious" Eat Sense.

These ladies are here for 1 month, next time they'll go elsewhere....

You can answer and comment but please no flame (some ppl love flame here tongue.png)

Edited by khman

Update: Maeman Mythos restaurant, now planning to open on 24 th Aug.

They are having a few"teething problems" getting things finished and finding staff! xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png .....

It's bigger inside than it looks from out side...long but fairly narrow.... and some out side seating at the back according to the owner!

• Like 1

A party of 4 of us are going to Lamai for 2 weeks. Can anybody recommend any decent breakfasts that are reasonably priced? Would like to hear prices and what you get. We like our coffee and English/Aussie style breakfasts or perhaps a buffet. Please do not recommend anything over 200 baht per person, we can find those places ourselves. Looking at hearty meals for fair prices. Thank You.

A party of 4 of us are going to Lamai for 2 weeks. Can anybody recommend any decent breakfasts that are reasonably priced? Would like to hear prices and what you get. We like our coffee and English/Aussie style breakfasts or perhaps a buffet. Please do not recommend anything over 200 baht per person, we can find those places ourselves. Looking at hearty meals for fair prices. Thank You.

bislinder

Posted Yesterday, 18:21

'The Outback' bar, Beach Road, decent fry up with real sausages, big mug of coffee/tea and juice, 160 baht.

Neilly)

Posted Yesterday, 21:07

The Gow & Badger bar just up the road (heading towards the ring-road) from the Outback xthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we

I know a few people who swear by Harry's which is also on the beach road 2-300m heading North from the Outback.

Aloha resort http://www.samui-hotels.com/aloha/dining.htm

Buffet breakfasts for non residents was 180 Baht last time I was there but this was quite some time ago. Prefer a large bowl of Jok with a couple of Chinese donuts myself at the old night market for 30 Baht.

I don't want to go off topic, but you can always be game & try vegemite.whistling.gif

Got a jar of it in my fridge in Pattaya but our Thai partners don't really like it. cheesy.gif

Marmite in mine...but same end result biggrin.png

Edited by Neilly

• 3 weeks later...

Did one of you try Tam Thai in Bangrak already? (opposite Beach House hotel) Its my favourite place for Thai food, they ihmo got a really good chef.

Its not the pricing of your local thai food shop, anyhow good value, you also get much nicer atmosphere, view and decoration. I would say a good place for a date if you dont want to spend a fortune but still enjoy :)

• Like 1

Just reporting back on the breakfasts in Lamai.

bislinder, we ate breakfast at the Outback Bar many times. The price has gone up to 180 baht for the big breakfast, it was the best in town.

Neilly, we tried the Gow and Badger, unfortunately they didn't open until 10 am which was a bit late for us. We did however have an evening meal there but it was just ok. I've never had a green curry chicken without coconut milk before and it wasn't to my liking so we didn't go back there but some of the other dishes were ok..

notmyself, thanks for the recommendation on Aloha Resort. Unfortunately their buffet has gone up to 300 baht p/p now for non guests so we passed on that one. We tried the joke from near the Lamai markets, it was only ok so didn't go back again. The patongo (donuts) on the main road were great though.

A place for a good evening meal was El Dorredo (near the outback bar) on a Wednesday night. They put on a buffet and it costs 260 baht p/p. The place was full. They serve unlimited BBQ, Tuna, thin steaks, chicken, kebabs and pork. Nice salads and jacket potatoes as well, well worth the price and the place was packed.

We tried a few other places but we found ourselves returning mostly to the Outback Bar, their food for breakfast and evening meals were great. They were also packed with customers most days. I think the big breakfast, fish and chips and Chicken Massaman Curry was the best meals there. The Outback bar was our favorite place. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Did one of you try Tam Thai in Bangrak already? (opposite Beach House hotel) Its my favourite place for Thai food, they ihmo got a really good chef.

Its not the pricing of your local thai food shop, anyhow good value, you also get much nicer atmosphere, view and decoration. I would say a good place for a date if you dont want to spend a fortune but still enjoy smile.png

I agree with you. It's not a place for the locals, but a good place to recommend tovisitors that want something a bit more than sitting at the side of the road.

• Like 1

- The Elephant & Castle reopened a few weeks ago as an outlet for homemade pies, sausage rolls etc.

- They're located 200m from Big C on the left heading towards Bophut lights, opposite the turning for Maple Leaf.

- They had an impressive selection of homemade pies, turnovers & puddings, all of which were large, very tasty & reasonably priced.

- They had some pickled onions too.

- Closed on Sundays.

HTH

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1