Epsom Salts: Finding Here

Jingthing

Those directions sound odd.

Do you mean a Chinese herb shop directly across the street from the large Wat on Pattaya Tai (near Center Condo) or do you mean another wat?

Also are you sure this shop still exists?

It still is there . I was there in July. Only wat on Pattaya Thai near 2nd road. Sorry I was off on the 3rd road . It should have been Pattaya Thai.

If you still can't find it(There is only one Chinese herb shop in the area & most of the vendors around the area will know this shop) I will be in Pattaya Friday or sat. to go food shopping & can show you the store. You may want to meet me at tuckom then as I have a 650 Kawasaki & I don't know if you care for big bikes.

Do you mean a Chinese herb shop directly across the street from the large Wat on Pattaya Tai (near Center Condo) or do you mean another wat?

I popped into this shop a few hours ago and bought 4 small bags @ 30B each.

Just mentioned epsom salts and the thai lady knew what I meant.

I pointed to my feet & she said yes very good.

Quite easy to find, from the entrance to the school walk past Facino about 20 yards and you cant miss it.

Sign in the window says chinawat and there is a stall out front selling books/mags.

cheers

Yup that's the shop. I forgot to mention the newspapers inside. Sorry about the wrong name of the street. Have a good soak ! It does feel wonderful & does a great liver cleanse as well. But it kinda makes you ill for a couple days as you have to mix with olive oil & lime or lemon juice.

I still don't have a clue why the hospitals & clinics wouldn't have a farang item that so many would love to have.

I know of a small chinese herb shop in Naklua, where you can buy epsom salt.

They know it by the Thaiword dee gluea Farang and will sell to you by the kg.

Last time I bought there it was 40 Baht/kg without bargaining.

They are nice People. English isn`t there language but they will try to understand you.

Most of the time there are other customers around and can help you with some english words.

I don`t know the name of the shop, but they are located in Naklua-Road,

coming from the circle, go past the Naklua fish market,

about 500 mtrs further North on Naklua-Road.

You will find on your left a normal pharmacy, five mtrs backwards from the mainstreet

and the chinese herb shop is just opposite.

It is a small shop where you have to step down from the street to go into the shop.

So it is easily overseen when passing.

Once you find this normal looking pharmacy (which is, if i am remembering well, also the

first pharmacy after the fish market. But for sure it is the first pharmacy on your left,

which is a few meters recessed from the mainstreet), you can then spot the little chinese

shop on the opposite side of the mainstreet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy to report I found the Naklua Chinese Herb Store. Its 100 yds. past the Big Tree by the Fish Market. Right side!

On the left side are 2 Gold Shops, its directly across street from second gold shop. There is a Green canopy

covering the front entrance.

My Thai wife was charged 12 Baht per gram and 100 Baht per kilo.for Epsom Salt.

Dont know how tschooh got it for 40 Baht.

• 2 months later...

I popped into this shop a few hours ago and bought 4 small bags @ 30B each.

Just mentioned epsom salts and the thai lady knew what I meant.

I pointed to my feet & she said yes very good.

Quite easy to find, from the entrance to the school walk past Facino about 20 yards and you cant miss it.

Sign in the window says chinawat and there is a stall out front selling books/mags.

cheers

Thanks for the easy to follow directions. Just been there and bought a bag. 100grams = 30 baht. Larger bags unavailable.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to report I found the Naklua Chinese Herb Store. Its 100 yds. past the Big Tree by the Fish Market. Right side!

On the left side are 2 Gold Shops, its directly across street from second gold shop. There is a Green canopy

covering the front entrance.

My Thai wife was charged 12 Baht per gram and 100 Baht per kilo.for Epsom Salt.

Dont know how tschooh got it for 40 Baht.

Your directions were easy to follow thanks. Was offered 100 gram (1 keet) bags at 12 baht or 1kg (10 keet, or 1000 grams) at 100 baht.

I use the following recipe found on the internet.

1 part Epsom salts

1 part Baking soda

3 tablespoons per gallon of water used. Soak for 20 minutes.

Feet feel like new.