Feedback

eezergood

HAT MAKING. dam_n IT. After a 6 week course, and 499 USD, I just got certified in hat making, at the Hat Academy of Tacoma (HAT). This completely blows my plans.

On a serious note. I find this thread very interesting. I thought this agreement was actually going to change something...Oh well, TIT

HAT MAKING. dam_n IT. After a 6 week course, and 499 USD, I just got certified in hat making, at the Hat Academy of Tacoma (HAT). This completely blows my plans.

On a serious note. I find this thread very interesting. I thought this agreement was actually going to change something...Oh well, TIT

And all this time here I thought I could be a manual cigarette roller! Brilliant stuff on this list! But on a more positive note; doctors, dentists, and other professional jobs will be open for every qualified person from an ASEAN country that can fill the position. At least in theory...

I still doubt anything about the ASEAN Treaty will change the attitude of many of the younger Thai workers in tourist areas around here though...

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

take away the Burmese labor force and nothing will get built in Phuket.

With Burma taking off I can forsee many burmese will head back to their own country as its going to be a building boom and they have the know how .

Yes, I agree. I have a feeling this is why there is so much construction going on at the moment. When the Burmese head back home, there will be a significant labour shortage here.

Edited by NamKangMan

BUt back to my original posting, I will return to the restaurant this weeknd with a bill for the broken plastic - lets see how that works out!

What good do you think that will do?

Self satisfaction just to winde the Thai tw-t up.

People have been killed for a lot less here and your chances of getting compensated are next to zero.

BUt back to my original posting, I will return to the restaurant this weeknd with a bill for the broken plastic - lets see how that works out!

Got it in 1 and to make a point!

People have been killed for a lot less here and your chances of getting compensated are next to zero.

IMHO you can't win this one you have already wound him up rise above it you have given a good post about the experience and most of us haven taken note.

I have said before on this forum what would Phuket be doing without us nasty foreigners who don't know nothing except to have the appearance of a buffalo or something similar

@ eezergood

My understanding is an ASEAN citizen will be allowed to work/conduct business anywhere in ASEAN. That means you can hire Vietnamese, Burmese, Cambodian and Laotian staff, who will work hard and show an interest in their new job and career abroad.

You only have to see how hard the Burmese construction workers work. You may find your cleaner, waiter, waitress, cook, reception etc etc are foreign labourers in the future.

I believe the ability to do this will come under the "free movement of labour laws" that will be in the ASEAN agreement.

I'm not sure if the farang with work permits will still have to hire 4 Thai's per work permit or they will be able to hire 4 ASEAN citizens.

Don't worry, Thailand will impose some sort of obstacle that will not allow for a fair playing field, just as they do for anything when they are suppose to open up to free competition. Recently there have been new excise taxes imposed, but there are no longer import taxes from ASEAN countries............Same same, new name.

Sure Thailand will work in a law with a possibility to veto any changes from ASEAN to their labour laws.

• Like 1

Thai owner? Thought it was owned by a Japanese-American with a Thai wife. His wife was ok, but the ribs became too dry for me to go back to, after 5 years.

There is no such thing as customer service in Thailand.

There is. I have decent service in Hua Hin, much better than what I would receive in the Kata-Kamala strip. Same for my trips to Issan.

Perhaps it has to do with the labour shortage. It is difficult to find staff willing to work for minimum wage in a region that has one of the highest costs of living. I get the impression too that alot of workers have a chip on their shoulder, perhaps it is resentment.

I am not defending the poor service, but I believe it will become the norm.

It has become the norm! You will see, as I already have, an increase number of foreign trainees in hotels to make up for the p!ss poor attitude of the younger generations. The olders staff, in my experience, that have no political affiliations are great.

It might be interesting what becomes of these lazy/incompetent staff in 2015 when the ASEAN community starts.

Thailand is going to be hit hard by ASEAN. The countries next door will enjoy many benefits Singapore will be the economic hub of ASEAN, but the 2nd tier countries people such as Thailand staff will have much to loose.

Quick update - Due to one of the following reasons or a combination of all the re-visit is cancelled. My wife either read my posts here & threw away the repair reciept & deleted all the pics from my phone (whilst asleep) or knows me to well OR realised i was up to something as I wasnt continually ranting (my normal response) about this idiot.

Probably for the best, but feel better that I got the word out - power to the people!

• Like 2

Thailand has imposed a certain level of control in this area to safeguard its labour market. The Alien Employment Act continues to exclude non-Thais from 39 occupations reserved for Thai nationals which include civil engineering and legal services.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/616230-thailand-to-benefit-from-free-flow-of-skilled-labour-in-2015/

Thailand has imposed a certain level of control in this area to safeguard its labour market. The Alien Employment Act continues to exclude non-Thais from 39 occupations reserved for Thai nationals which include civil engineering and legal services.

http://www.thaivisa....labour-in-2015/

The Thais are opening up 8 professions on a trial basis under the ASEAN treaty. Nothing will change, except costs will go up, due to "competition."

@ Terry Newman

When ASEAN starts, what do you think the Thai people will lose, and why?

Nothing will happen, as is always the case with these political changes.

After a little more consideration, you are probably right - nothing will change.

Does anything ever change here? Thailand's neighbours are developing rapidly.

You would think Thailand should "get with the program" or risk getting left behind.

@ Terry Newman

When ASEAN starts, what do you think the Thai people will lose, and why?

Nothing will happen, as is always the case with these political changes.

After a little more consideration, you are probably right - nothing will change.

Does anything ever change here? Thailand's neighbours are developing rapidly.

You would think Thailand should "get with the program" or risk getting left behind.

Thailand is moving forward, just as its neighbours, you just don't see it because you're living here. Move to Vietnam for a few years and you'll look differently at both Vietnam and Thailand.