Wheres The Best Place In The World To Holiday?

krisb

Well myself and my wife whos Thai and our daughter (thus its Thai related), wants to go on a holiday but not a Thai holiday. We have some ideas on places but they are just the usual holiday destinations that we all have heard of from watching telly or from travel agent brochures.

Since Thai Visa is such a multicultural bunch that have seen and lived all over the world, we would like to hear your thoughts on whats the best place to go for a holiday? Where have you been thats just fantastic, different, beautiful, amazing? The places people dont get to go see or never really hear of for some reason or another they have been left out of the brochures or t.v shows, lets face it, its a big world out there.

We want to hear your thoughts and suggestionssmile.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tahiti plus Palawan, Philippines

Bora Bora? I think thats Tahiti? Ive seen those rooms on the water that are about $1000 a night!

Have to have a look on the net at Palawan, never heard of it and that is what we are looking for. Not off the beaten track, perhaps just off the tourism brochures.

• Like 1

would kind of depend on the individuals tastes yes.

For sure! We want to hear that place that always stuck in your mind. That holiday location perhaps you used to visit with family or as a kid or that great location only the locals know about.

Our only criteria would be not to cold and we have a young baby plus rooms at $1000 a night are a bit much!

Tahiti plus Palawan, Philippines

Bora Bora? I think thats Tahiti? Ive seen those rooms on the water that are about $1000 a night!

Have to have a look on the net at Palawan, never heard of it and that is what we are looking for. Not off the beaten track, perhaps just off the tourism brochures.

Yes Bora Bora is in Tahiti, but lot cheaper locations to go to in the islands. Palawan is rapidly gaining recognition so better get their sooner than later.. Some really nice places to go include El Nido & Coco Loco (very small island off the N.E. coast)

I guess to get some more meaningful replies to your query you need to outline a high level budget and where you are currently living.

For sure! We want to hear that place that always stuck in your mind. That holiday location perhaps you used to visit with family or as a kid or that great location only the locals know about.

Our only criteria would be not to cold and we have a young baby plus rooms at $1000 a night are a bit much!

i cannot remember how many countries ive been, would love to know your interests to help.

you like tropical islands, or european old style places etc etc.

for tropcal is check koh lipe,

In reply to Simple1, we live in Australia. Our budget for rooms is around the 3 to 4 star variety, usually thats enough.

OK but a long flight, stopover in Thailand? South of France, start from from Nice and slowly meander to Florance - just beautiful with great food. In my opinion best time to go around late May or late September, before all the tourist hordes.

If you like the idea of going to Europe fly to Paris and rent a car. Lot's of places to visit on the way to South of France. Traveling back from Florance to Paris, again lots of options and lovely places to stay.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

i cannot remember how many countries ive been, would love to know your interests to help.

you like tropical islands, or european old style places etc etc.

for tropcal is check koh lipe,

Old style Europe sounds nice!

In reply to Simple1, we live in Australia. Our budget for rooms is around the 3 to 4 star variety, usually thats enough.

OK then South of France, start from from Nice and slowly meander to Florance - just beautiful with great food. In my opinion best time to go around late September.

florence is f ing beautiful, an art lovers dream, amazing city for me.

• Like 1

i have a fondness for Amsterdamn to, the canals just give it so much character, great to be somewhere so different it makes you feel good.

could have been the magic mushroom soup at the coffee shop however.

it is a lovely city though.

Edited by muythai2013

There are some beautiful spots in French Polynesia without the extortionate prices of the Bora Bora bungalow setup as mentioned that offer up the same type of turquoise water oasis if that's what you after!

St Kitts and Nevis is one out the box that's also a beauty and if you think Thailand is the "Land of Smiles" then the hospitality there will blow your mind! Most amazing locals of any place I've been!

And then as a bias citizen South Africa as a whole will offer up an unforgettable holiday itinerary to suit any budget with everything from local history to beautiful beaches, wildlife and everything in between:)

• Like 1

There are some beautiful spots in French Polynesia without the extortionate prices of the Bora Bora bungalow setup as mentioned that offer up the same type of turquoise water oasis if that's what you after!

St Kitts and Nevis is one out the box that's also a beauty and if you think Thailand is the "Land of Smiles" then the hospitality there will blow your mind! Most amazing locals of any place I've been!

And then as a bias citizen South Africa as a whole will offer up an unforgettable holiday itinerary to suit any budget with everything from local history to beautiful beaches, wildlife and everything in between:)

Ive always thought Sth Africa is dangerous?

Tasmania rocks

Northern Cyprus

Tasmania rocks is that in Cyprus?

On the Tasmania thing, Tasmania in Australia is a beautiful place to holiday here in Oz. I would recommend it to anyone coming to Oz

Theres little towns off the track that the tourists wouldnt get to see like Strahan on the west coast is fantastic.

Edited by krisb

No not dangerous, just bad press and its very area segregated... Thailand is more dangerous! Understand the concerns with a kiddie though.

Not to worry as a tourist in the correct areas trust me.

But I guess most places are dangerous compared to OZ thus the migration of my fellow countrymen to your country... But why do you think they still cry like babies when they see a picture of Cape Town or hear the national anthem? It's that captivating! Don't let it pass you by because of some crime stats that are highly area segregated and boosted by some drama hungry media.

Edited by TradeMark
  • Like 1

Places i have been which will always return , some with my haf thai daughter, some without

Nepal

Bali

Kashmir

Egypt

Paris, southern France

Northern Laos

Athens

Morrocco

America!!!!

To many to list beyond that but u get the idea thumbsup.gif

It all depends on what u want to do an the age of ur daughter? lay on a Beach or see places and people.

• Like 2

Krisb, how old is the daughter? (Age related interests) What have they seen other than Thailand and Aus?

If old enough to appreciate it, I'm big on Paris and surrounds. Museums with paintings and sculptures I'd seen many times in books, the Eiffel Tower, a trip out the Loire Valley to see castles and even go into a couple...

I don't know if you can get visas, but my very favorite place to take Thais with a child would be to land at Disneyland, California, then go E. through the desert to the Grand Canyon and look down a mile, N. through Monument Valley, stay north and cross back over the Sierra Nevadas at Lake Tahoe where they are sure to see snow capped mountains, and then boogie back down hwy 95 to So. Calif. and fly home. The US is pretty cheap. Nice newer chain motel like Holiday Inn Express with breakfast, about $100 a night, I just bought gas for $3.25 a gallon, Restaurants with good Western food way, way cheaper than LOS... Only Disneyland costs money and it's not too bad. Everything else I mentioned seeing is free or really cheap.

Edit. Wow I forgot. I'd sure catch Yosemite National Park between Lake Tahoe and LAX. You'll also see the giant sequoia (Redwood) trees.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

Places i have been which will always return , some with my haf thai daughter, some without

Nepal

Bali

Kashmir

Egypt

Paris, southern France

Northern Laos

Athens

Morrocco

America!!!!

To many to list beyond that but u get the idea thumbsup.gif

It all depends on what u want to do an the age of ur daughter? lay on a Beach or see places and people.

Nepal!....thats on our list! Our daughters still very young by the time we go she will be under a year old. Way I see it is thats not stopping us, but we arent going hiking up mountains with her in tow. So probably looking at ground level type things also gotta keep wifes visa issues in mind although she is here in Oz on a partner visa so shouldnt be to hard to get any visa considering now she works here and earns bloody good money, shes on 40k a year or in her mind 1.2million baht!

Krisb, how old is the daughter? (Age related interests) What have they seen other than Thailand and Aus?

If old enough to appreciate it, I'm big on Paris and surrounds. Museums with paintings and sculptures I'd seen many times in books, the Eiffel Tower, a trip out the Loire Valley to see castles and even go into a couple...

I don't know if you can get visas, but my very favorite place to take Thais with a child would be to land at Disneyland, California, then go E. through the desert to the Grand Canyon and look down a mile, N. through Monument Valley, stay north and cross back over the Sierra Nevadas at Lake Tahoe where they are sure to see snow capped mountains, and then boogie back down hwy 95 to So. Calif. and fly home. The US is pretty cheap. Nice newer chain motel like Holiday Inn Express with breakfast, about $100 a night, I just bought gas for $3.25 a gallon, Restaurants with good Western food way, way cheaper than LOS... Only Disneyland costs money and it's not too bad. Everything else I mentioned seeing is free or really cheap.

Hmm, even Ive always wanted to see Disneyland!...Beats Luna Park hands down.(Aussie joke!)

Places that people have never heard of?

That's a stretch.

But Cappadocia Turkey comes to mind.

Not so much never heard of although most never will have, more so the place(s) you have been perhaps in your home country that you always tell people "if your ever here, you have to go see"...that place on this Earth that tops your list. Somewhere that to you was a special location for whatever reason.

Mine is a town on the North Coast of Tasmania, Australia called Weymouth. I will always tell any friends who want to see Oz or live here and want to go see Tasmania, you have got to go visit this sleepy little seaside town. Its a really great place to visit.

Anyway, you get the idea!

First time i took my daughter she was 3 to Nepal and she loved it. Of course we only did a small trek out of Kathmandu an hired a porter with an empty basket to carry her when she got tired.

Nepalese love kids.

Disneyland is great at any age!!

If u can swing the US visa fly into La an rent a car and than drive 101 up and fly back out of sf. Most airlines will allow that at no extra charge

• Like 1