True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox is 365 sport 1 channel. On the note of 365, has anyone noticed skipping/fast forwarding issues over the last couple of days? Thought it might have been my connection. The picture has never frozen, just gone into fast forward and skipping. What makes me think its a problem at their end is football today at 6:45 - 7am 'live' had the same skipping at the same point when I watched the whole programme on demand this evening, looks like a codecs issue, which would require them to update their player. Maybe I'm expecting too much from them. Thankfully the manyoo vs Liverpool game had no issues whatsoever. Will be good when they implement full HD.

Latest email from CTH..... RE: PLTV

Since you are asking for the final confirmed date, we need time to check otherwise you will be disappointed again if thing goes wrong.

What we can communicate right now is that PLTV will be available on Stadium 7 on October 15**. Remark: Subject to change** if there's any broadcasting problem. Thank you and please accept our apology for this inconvenience.

I'm only guessing but I think their could be an issue with the link up signal. This would explain the flickering problem during live games. Will post here if I hear anymore.

Hi BB, there is a lot of talk about PLTV can you please tell me what exactly this and what are the benefits to we the viewers? My assumption is that PLTV stands for the premier league channel, so does that mean that we will get that channel on CTH?
Yes, the same one that TRUE provided with John Dykes and pundits such as curbishley, Peter Reid etc.... Supposed to start October 15th. Broadcast quality permitting.

Thanks BB something to look forward to.

All but over now as far as receiving uk-tv for free is concerned .

No doubt all the free loaders will now be crying into their happy hour beers complaining that they can no longer get something for nothing. Good.

You are quite the Victor Meldrew, aren't you.

• Like 2

All but over now as far as receiving uk-tv for free is concerned .

No doubt all the free loaders will now be crying into their happy hour beers complaining that they can no longer get something for nothing. Good.

You are quite the Victor Meldrew, aren't you.

Yep, and proud of it.

I DON'T belieeeevvvveeee it!

Just occurred to me that the issues I've been having have only been happening on sport 4 channel. Gives more weight to my theory that it must be a problem at their end.

Blue - I thought 365 were meant to show Championship games live?

I'm thinking about sending this back, paid for 1 year but still inside the 30 days period. They seem unreliable to me and as I said before the laptop that I want to watch it on i get appalling buffering and skipping etc...they told me it's because my processor isn't high spec enough (1.6 Ghz) but I'm having trouble buying that as uk-tv and any downloads work just fine.

It's not the 4k, it's the fact that you just end up getting yourself wound up....no 365 no stress, is how i'm thinking now...

Astro pundits are far from the best, but I think fox have their own build up show too. They've got McMahon and Paul Parker. Either of them are better than the Thai 'manakin' on CTH! But PLTV is by far superior.

There is Fox build up show on 365, there isn't this week and wasn't last week, so I'm not sure where you are getting this from?

Also, no live Championship football.

They don't deliever on what they promise.

With regards to championship football it's not the fault of 365sport. Astro pick and choose the games live and show others on delay. Same with fox build up show. The HD channel just shows the game. SD channel shows the build up. Sport channel 2 have their own build up also. Worth keeping for on demand, very happy to keep it for UCL and la liga. However they do also need to take customer complaints more seriously. I had a hell of a time convincing them the issue with sport channel 4 was a problem at their end and not me.

With regards to championship football it's not the fault of 365sport. Astro pick and choose the games live and show others on delay. Same with fox build up show. The HD channel just shows the game. SD channel shows the build up. Sport channel 2 have their own build up also. Worth keeping for on demand, very happy to keep it for UCL and la liga. However they do also need to take customer complaints more seriously. I had a hell of a time convincing them the issue with sport channel 4 was a problem at their end and not me.

Ok mate, I get the picture now with the championship.

A bit confusing with what pundits we get. What I can see from the last 2 weekends is that we only get the build up from Astro (ch 2) not from FOX. Will get FOX pundits at HT only.

Your tech problems are minor compared to mine, they have told me my processor spec isn't high enough to get a seamless pic.

Your tech problems are minor compared to mine, they have told me my processor spec isn't high enough to get a seamless pic.

What about if you bought their Premier Box thing-a-m-jig. Would that not get around the problem (supposed or otherwise) with your processor? Why not challenge them. Say you'll buy the box but if the problem remains you'll return it for a full refund.

I signed up yesterday to 365 and have paid for the box. Should have it in a few days. Last night watched on the laptop and had a few issues. One was with the fast forward and rewind buttons. Clicked them once and had to wait an age for the broadcast to continue. Also, half way through the game suddenly got a message saying that there had been some sort of error and it had to shut down. Reopened ok though and i fast forwarded back to where i had been watching. Would be good if there was some sort of resume function whereby after shutting down and reopening, you go back to what you were previously watching.

Looking fwd to getting the box and seeing how that performs. Really don't like watching on the laptop and can't be arsed booting it up every day and attaching up to the TV.

Off topic but good to see that CTH are showing World Championship Boxing next week, bit of an unexpected Brucie Bonus and one would have thought that Victor will be happy with that.

SEPTEMBER

28: Montreal, Canada, Adonis Stevenson v Tavoris Cloud (WBC light-heavyweight)

Off topic but good to see that CTH are showing World Championship Boxing next week, bit of an unexpected Brucie Bonus and one would have thought that Victor will be happy with that.

SEPTEMBER

No, never heard of either fighter, so no interest.

Btw, you will only ever find CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM from me. We can't all be happy clappers that put up with any old rubbish.

What about if you bought their Premier Box thing-a-m-jig. Would that not get around the problem (supposed or otherwise) with your processor? Why not challenge them. Say you'll buy the box but if the problem remains you'll return it for a full refund.

I signed up yesterday to 365 and have paid for the box. Should have it in a few days. Last night watched on the laptop and had a few issues. One was with the fast forward and rewind buttons. Clicked them once and had to wait an age for the broadcast to continue. Also, half way through the game suddenly got a message saying that there had been some sort of error and it had to shut down. Reopened ok though and i fast forwarded back to where i had been watching. Would be good if there was some sort of resume function whereby after shutting down and reopening, you go back to what you were previously watching.

Looking fwd to getting the box and seeing how that performs. Really don't like watching on the laptop and can't be arsed booting it up every day and attaching up to the TV.

Yep, was thinking about this yesterday and will look into it, although I didn't really want to spend anymore money on this. I thought I would be saving money when I cancelled with True but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Do they send somebody round to fix it up for you?

SEPTEMBER

Btw, you will only ever find CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM from me. We can't all be happy clappers that put up with any old rubbish.

So you don't think it's good that they are showing boxing in general ?

Yea had all those issues, it's pretty much all over the place. If you click once for full screen mode and it doesn't work you then click again but the clicks are stored in the memory so you end up being back to square one again if you get my drift. It crashes a lot too.

I'm suspicious of the quality of their softwate as uk-tv works fine for me.

SEPTEMBER

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you specifically wanted me to answer that question. Yes I suppose it's a step in the right direction, let's see if they continue to show the big fights. I wouldn't heap too much praise on them though, why shouldn't they show the boxing?

They should sort their signal out first, football was shaking again last night but not as bad as a fortnight back.

Edit: 365

Was watching football extra and paused for a short while and now it won't come back on again. So now I have to either forget about it or reboot the whole thing again and start over.

Sorry, but the software is garbage. Anyone who says otherwise is just kidding themselves.

PS: They now have ch6 which looks like a dedicted cricket channel, which bodes well for the Ashes.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

SEPTEMBER

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you specifically wanted me to answer that question. Yes I suppose it's a step in the right direction, let's see if they continue to show the big fights. I wouldn't heap too much praise on them though, why shouldn't they show the boxing?

They should sort their signal out first, football was shaking again last night but not as bad as a fortnight back.

Well being as they have never advertised as having the boxing in there package it seems like a bonus to me smile.png

Was watching football extra and paused for a short while and now it won't come back on again. So now I have to either forget about it or reboot the whole thing again and start over.

Sorry, but the software is garbage. Anyone who says otherwise is just kidding themselves.

PS: They now have ch6 which looks like a dedicted cricket channel, which bodes well for the Ashes.

Pat I really think the issues you have are related to the processor. Could be a different type of software used for uktv Asia. Premier box will solve all your issues I reckon. Bear in mind that astro will show the World Cup. RS will show 40 odd games exclusively on their Sunbox, 22 only on this tv. They will make their World Cup channels available on HD by doing a deal with true or CTH. I suspect true are in the driving seat for this having shown the last World Cup with them and agreeing a sub-license deal for la liga.

Just to add I have no issues when I pause or fast forward / rewind. So maybe what their saying us true about software requirements. They should make this clear on their website though. Will be quality if they have the ashes. Looks promising, but has that channel got the rights for it?

I emailed them about their premier box and also asked them about the ashes. They said that the ashes won't be shown on ch6 but plans are underway to show the test in full on another channel.

Pat I really think the issues you have are related to the processor. Could be a different type of software used for uktv Asia. Premier box will solve all your issues I reckon. Bear in mind that astro will show the World Cup. RS will show 40 odd games exclusively on their Sunbox, 22 only on this tv. They will make their World Cup channels available on HD by doing a deal with true or CTH. I suspect true are in the driving seat for this having shown the last World Cup with them and agreeing a sub-license deal for la liga.
*** meant to say only 22 games on THAI tv ***

Just to add I have no issues when I pause or fast forward / rewind. So maybe what their saying us true about software requirements. They should make this clear on their website though. Will be quality if they have the ashes. Looks promising, but has that channel got the rights for it?

I emailed them about their premier box and also asked them about the ashes. They said that the ashes won't be shown on ch6 but plans are underway to show the test in full on another channel.

have they agreed to refund the cost of the premier box if you still have issues?

Yep, was thinking about this yesterday and will look into it, although I didn't really want to spend anymore money on this. I thought I would be saving money when I cancelled with True but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Don't think you would need someone to fix it up. Just give it power and plug it into the TV i would imagine is all it takes. Will tell you in a couple of days. Believe it is coming in the post.

Regards the money side of it, i was paying 2000 a month with True. Yesterday i paid 8,000 for the year with 365. Equivalent to 4 months of True. Obviously it's not prudent to prejudge something until you've used it a long time, so i'll reserve complete judgement for the minute, but for me, on the face of it, and as someone who only really ever wanted True for sports, it seems a very substantial saving.

have they agreed to refund the cost of the premier box if you still have issues?

I haven't asked them that yet but I will defo cover that, although I fully expect it to work fine.

Don't think you would need someone to fix it up. Just give it power and plug it into the TV i would imagine is all it takes. Will tell you in a couple of days. Believe it is coming in the post.

Regards the money side of it, i was paying 2000 a month with True. Yesterday i paid 8,000 for the year with 365. Equivalent to 4 months of True. Obviously it's not prudent to prejudge something until you've used it a long time, so i'll reserve complete judgement for the minute, but for me, on the face of it, and as someone who only really ever wanted True for sports, it seems a very substantial saving.

Yes, it seems like a very simple plug and play, just need a HDMI cable and possibly a LAN cable, unless you go wi-fi (I think)

Take your point with the savings but I'll still be paying CTH Bt900 a month, if they ever bill me that is.