Garlic Report

Dancealot

The garlic is going faster then expected.. Maybe i won't be in time for the harvesting...sad.png

post-70928-0-50012400-1360775120_thumb.jpost-70928-0-47441100-1360775139_thumb.j

How long does it usually take to grow a crop of garlic?

Don't know about usually i for i am a garlic newbie. Depends on the weather conditions and country of planting. This time in Thailand 60-65 days(farmers like to count in days) i like thisthumbsup.gif . It all depends on nature, i like this as wellthumbsup.gif

The garlic is going faster then expected.. Maybe i won't be in time for the harvesting...sad.png

post-70928-0-50012400-1360775120_thumb.jpost-70928-0-47441100-1360775139_thumb.j

How long does it usually take to grow a crop of garlic?

Don't know about usually i for i am a garlic newbie. Depends on the weather conditions and country of planting. This time in Thailand 60-65 days(farmers like to count in days) i like thisthumbsup.gif . It all depends on nature, i like this as wellthumbsup.gif

Thanks for the reply.

I have done some research and found a mention of 8 weeks in the southern USA so your estimate matches that pretty close.

I had read that planting garlic was a good way of getting rid of mosquitoes and was already interested in that aspect of the crop. Your thread has made me consider planting on a larger scale.

I have done some research and found a mention of 8 weeks in the southern USA so your estimate matches that pretty close.

I had read that planting garlic was a good way of getting rid of mosquitoes and was already interested in that aspect of the crop. Your thread has made me consider planting on a larger scale.
/quote

Thats interesting Mr. wolfmanjack. I gather you are thinking about growing it in Thailand?

Edited by Dancealot

• 1 month later...

How much will you get for this 2000kg of garlic ?

B17/kilo is the expected turnover for an estimated 1000kg. FYI

So what was the final yield per rai... 2,000 kg or 1,000 kg or what? Does the yield weight include all those green leaves or is it weighed after drying?

How much will you get for this 2000kg of garlic ?

B17/kilo is the expected turnover for an estimated 1000kg. FYI

So what was the final yield per rai... 2,000 kg or 1,000 kg or what? Does the yield weight include all those green leaves or is it weighed after drying?

Good question. i didn't get a chance to document this. Anyone?

I am working on the tobacco thread now. Showing some fine financial results..

• 10 months later...

Some farmers sell garlic direct from the field, if no drying area or they just don't want to mess with drying. Its been so long since we had garlic, I cannot remember the price difference between wet and dry. We got out of the rat race when green garlic at the field drop to single diget per kilo.

Some farmers sell garlic direct from the field, if no drying area or they just don't want to mess with drying. Its been so long since we had garlic, I cannot remember the price difference between wet and dry. We got out of the rat race when green garlic at the field drop to single diget per kilo.

Right on, slapout. It get's even worse and cheaper after I saw this field from one of the neighbours was being quick-dried(3-day process) and sold on spot.

The smell is intense

12988131063_0afcb21a4a_c.jpg

Medium dry(after 1 day) and fresh

12988386354_a360d7ddb7_c.jpg
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...