How Is This Possible?

MrE

My boat has gone missing and it seems that no one knows anything about it. If it was a dinghy or a longtail or even a fishing boat, maybe that would be understandable. But this boat was a 70 ton 28 meter long steel hulled ex-German military patrol boat painted red and orange and fitted out as a party boat. I have run ads and sent out hundreds of emails to everyone I can think of, yet somehow someone towed this boat away from Ao Makham where it was tied up for six years behind a boat repairshop and made it disappear with no one seeing or hearing anything! There used to be a feeling of community here in Phuket but that seems to have also disappeared.

The man who owns/ runs the boat repair shop will know where it is for sure. He might not be telling you the whole truth...

Just my first thought...

From the location, it sounds like Mister Lee's boatyard a couple of hundred metres or so along from the oil terminal at Ao Makham. His lease run out last year and he had to vacate the yard. Believe that he's operating in Chalong Bay now.

Someone has to know something. Have you contacted the Marine police?

It might have been seen by them they can keep a lookout. Offer a reward and they won't quit.

I guy I know lost a boat with 2 new motors never to be seen again but this is a huge ship.

Its probably smuggling fuel now.

Good suggestion Jaapfries, only one small problem - having a Thai sit in a drinking establishment to conduct this investigation. smile.png

Also, as it's a very Muslim area, there are no local Thai drinking establishments. First thing to happen is to report it to the Marine 5 office, which is only about 300 metres from the boatyard.

Someone has to know something. Have you contacted the Marine police?

It might have been seen by them they can keep a lookout. Offer a reward and they won't quit.

I guy I know lost a boat with 2 new motors never to be seen again but this is a huge ship.

Its probably smuggling fuel now.

For sure someone knows something but that don't help finding das boat.

Thai's just won't bubble other Thai's to us I hope he finds out what happened.

Good suggestion Jaapfries, only one small problem - having a Thai sit in a drinking establishment to conduct this investigation. smile.png

Also, as it's a very Muslim area, there are no local Thai drinking establishments. First thing to happen is to report it to the Marine 5 office, which is only about 300 metres from the boatyard.

and we all KNOW how much they stick to their faith, I have never seen drunk Thai muslim men...........whistling.gif

and we all KNOW how much they stick to their faith, I have never seen drunk Thai muslim men...........whistling.gif

Nobody is naive enough to think Muslims don't drink, but you won't find any Muslim locals drinking in public view in that area. There are a couple of farang orientated places nearby, but that's it.

Edited by pagallim

After seeing the picture.

I would think everyone was glad to see the back of it.

What a monstrosity.

Perhaps if he been paid for it! Monstrosity or not, it would seem, that he has had his property & buiness stolen! There really are some miserable people on this forum!