Sick As A Dog

SmoggyDMC

Hello chaps, this is my first ever post in my first ever forum! I've felt the need to join to see if it will help curb the withdrawl symptoms I've felt since coming back from my first ever trip to Pattaya. I did 3 weeks there in january and it was the best 3 weeks of my life!!! I'm just your typical farang, im in the middle of a divorce, 31 yrs old and went there to escape all the mess. Now I've seen the light and can safely say that divorce is the best thing that's ever happened to me! I can't get the place out of my head, i'll be returning for 2 months in jan/feb 2014 and then i'll be doing 3 month stints every year after. My questions are- do the cravings go away? Does Pattaya ever get boring?

Edited by Crossy
edited topic title and post to remove disguised profanities

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when I was a kid and my mother took me to Manhattan for the first time. I couldn't help constantly staring up at all of the tall buildings thinking that they were the most amazing things I had ever seen.

I couldn't imagine how a person could live there and not be absolutely awe inspired every time they left their apartment.

When I turned 18 I eventually moved there into my own apartment. After about 2 months I couldn't give a sh*t about the skyscrapers.

I discovered that there was a lot more to the place than tall buildings.

• Like 1

Don't worry about my feelings brother, I've got a heart made of stone. I went out there for fun not for love. I read pattayanewbie.com at least 10 times before i went, but still nothing prepares you. I listened to the sob stories, they weren't nice, but i politely replied 'im not going to sponsor you and after tonight you'll never see me again.'

I know that life isn't reality but surely there's nothing wrong with escaping reality a few months of the year. Anyway cheers for the quick replies.

Be careful with your feelings at your bad time. You could come unstuck big time as many have, coming to the land of smiles and vacant ladies. PLEASE do lots of homework reading on this forum and keep your EYES wide open. thumbsup.gif

Seen many guys buy into big problems here on the back of homeland problems. Trust me. smile.png

Hey transam ... what's dem "vacant ladies" ... w00t.gif

You have the Pattaya blues.Only way to get over it is book another trip.I first came to Thailand, no Lands of Smiles then no Pattaya,just BKK as a 19yo I am 65 I a couple of months.I have not been to BKK for years except to the airport and to the Embassy a few times.Enjoy Pattaya but go and see a bit of the country.All the best for your future endevours

• Like 1

Cheers mickjn, i did intend to spend my last week seeing the sights and absorbing the culture but when it came to it, i just couldn't get out my routine! I'm sure when I'm there months at a time then i'll do it properly. But for my first trip there was no way i was going to leave that city.

Does it get old? Depends on the indivdual.

I know several guys who've been at "it" for a decade . . . and they've lived here throughout

Personally, the "attractions" piqued my interest for all of 6 months then it all got a bit same-y but to be honest, the club and totty scenes in London, NYC and Ibiza are and always will be an impossible act to follow.

Can understand why it might be different for someone going through a divorce though

Cheers mickjn, i did intend to spend my last week seeing the sights and absorbing the culture but when it came to it, i just couldn't get out my routine! I'm sure when I'm there months at a time then i'll do it properly. But for my first trip there was no way i was going to leave that city.

He said 'routine'......cheesy.gif

Be careful with your feelings at your bad time. You could come unstuck big time as many have, coming to the land of smiles and vacant ladies. PLEASE do lots of homework reading on this forum and keep your EYES wide open. thumbsup.gif

Seen many guys buy into big problems here on the back of homeland problems. Trust me. smile.png

I think he meant "vacuous" ladies.

• Like 1

And so be it.I have friends that haved live in Pattaya for years and love it.I have Thai friends that work in Pattaya but every chance they get they go back home even for a few days.Pattaya suits you,good luck with that Sir the main thing in the Land of Smiles enjoy every day no matter where you are

I think he meant "vacuous" ladies.

I think customerless..

• Like 1

Pattaya is a cool place. No rules (tho don't break the law). Anything and everything is possible. Fun can be around any corner. Find your niche and milk it. Better this lifestyle than a UK lifestyle.

You will get-a-lot out of Pattya especially as you only plan to come for 2-3 month bursts. That will make each trip more exciting for sure. The 9 month gaps between your trips will be a painful wait.

Good luck. You found your Nirvana

Hello pattaya28, returning to teesside (the land of smog) was one of the hardest days of my life. I'm not a very emotional person but on my last day i could feel tears behind my eyes!!! Them 9 months every year will be hard, especially since i'll be stuck on oil rigs for half the time.

I've been looking at digs for my next visit, has anyone stopped in The Green Hotel soi 9? It looks nice and the rates are cheap.

I can't remember calling this thread "sick as a DOG"

Check at the bottom of your original post. Forum moderators have "edited topic title and post to remove disguised profanities"

You must have written something a bit naughty.

Edited by Radar501

Hello pattaya28, returning to teesside (the land of smog) was one of the hardest days of my life. I'm not a very emotional person but on my last day i could feel tears behind my eyes!!! Them 9 months every year will be hard, especially since i'll be stuck on oil rigs for half the time.

I've been looking at digs for my next visit, has anyone stopped in The Green Hotel soi 9? It looks nice and the rates are cheap.

If your planning 2-3 month trips, why not consider a condo. Would be far more economical than a hotel, and probably far less, if any, restrictions.

I can't remember calling this thread "sick as a DOG"

Check at the bottom of your original post. Forum moderators have "edited topic title and post to remove disguised profanities"

You must have written something a bit naughty.

So....was it ----- as a dog.....or sick as a ----

A condo's for the future, maybe when I'm forty. It was only 8 months ago that i gave my house to her, so I'm concentrating on buying my own house this year (as well as saving for my holiday), i'll have to live like a pauper!

Will defo retire there though, i know that you never know what's round the corner but right now i hinestly can't see me settling down with one woman again.

A condo's for the future, maybe when I'm forty. It was only 8 months ago that i gave my house to her, so I'm concentrating on buying my own house this year (as well as saving for my holiday), i'll have to live like a pauper!

Will defo retire there though, i know that you never know what's round the corner but right now i hinestly can't see me settling down with one woman again.

AND remember, you cannot buy a house in LOS. coffee1.gif

has anyone stopped in The Green Hotel soi 9? It looks nice and the rates are cheap.

If that's the one next to the Central Shopping Centre ... it's not bad value, from memory, circa 1,000 Baht.

Has a pool and breakfast included ... well it was with my my friends booking.

yes it wares of, same as bank balance wares down. Just make sure the light you have seen is not the train coming towards you. You will need to go a long way out of Patters to get some Thai culture. Glad you enjoyed it when going through a bad time at home but is by no means the bed of roses it seems.

• Like 1