Used Motorcycle Buying Question

patekatek

I am now considering a purchase of my first scooter and am considering a used one to start with. Since I live in the Kaeng Krachan area and we have lots of hills around here, I would like at least a 125 to 150cc engine. Not a "racing" bike, but like a Nouvo, etc.

Has anyone had a good experience, both in price and customer service, with any used motorcycle dealers in Hua Hin?

I see plenty of reviews about places to eat with both good and less than favorable reviews so I'm hoping for some similar information regarding used motorcycles.

Thanks!

Just get a new one, should be about TB 45.000 - TB 50.000.

Or you can buy a used one and have it completely gone through and still spend less than half of the cost of a new one. Maintenance may be unheard of, but so are $100 per hour labor rates like "back home".

I bought one that's already depreciated as much as it's going to. I let someone else take that 20-40% hit when their name goes on that new title. And if I don't like it, or want to upgrade or downsize, I haven't lost much, if anything.

But that's just me. I'm cheap. I do the same with cars and have all my life- and only had 2 lemons out of about 15-20 cars I've bought- and those were my fault for falling in love with a car and ignoring all the signs. Even those weren't catastrophic, just more trouble than they were worth.

Biggest lesson learned here is to make sure you have the green book in your name before all the money changes hands.

• 4 weeks later...