Rip Currents

BigC

i don't understand

They want a beach rescue volunteer service backed by government but run by forangs who shall have the powers to physically stop people from going in But the forangs don't want the police label. TATS wants this service as when a foreigner dies then they are left to deal with the mess They want foreigners from all over the world that can communicate and patrol the beaches ( in their spare time ) If u r a fitness fanatic, ex boxer, experienced swimmer and have time on your hands then they would be appreciated. Also if you have money to buy your own life saving supplies such as far as a jet ski You can use it as a hobby and sit on the beaches and look at the peaches during the intervals PM me if you are interested also if anyone had rescue or life guard training then these people might be the best captains. Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

A ferang on a Jet Ski stands about as much chance on that beach as a hyena tip-toeing through lions on the Serengeti.

I was amazed to see such large waves at Maenam beach this afternoon... some reaching almost three metres ... Only a few really hardy soles on the beach too...

A local thought it was going to last about 3 more days... so be careful!!!

Anyone got images from Chawang or Lamai, (other beaches) ... as to what it like there... ?

With these kind of conditions the ferries may well be delayed or canceled ... Maenam's, Lomprayah ferry will no doubt be coming and going from Nathon... if you have tickets booked already with no hotel pick up, you need to be at the Maenam pier at least 1.5 hours before scheduled departure, so they can bus you to Nathon...

IMG_0388.CR2.jpg

Edited by samuijimmy

If you're able to zoom in you'll probably see me under that red roof with my eldest son:)

(we couldn't believe those waves either!)

was this your son? Reminds me of the north end beaches of waki waki Hawaii! ( this guy and another did make it out safely! ) thumbsup.gif

IMG_0372.JPG

I might post more in the Photo section! wink.png

Many Thais go in the sea but not usually on the highly populated beaches, usually the quieter ones and also you are likely to see them there after 5-6 pm when the sun is going down.

(Surprisingly the Thais are much better educated about sunburn/skin cancer than Caucasians).

Many Thais are not aware of the dangers of the sun but simply want to be as white as possible.

Hence all the whitening additives to skin products.

Many Thais go in the sea but not usually on the highly populated beaches, usually the quieter ones and also you are likely to see them there after 5-6 pm when the sun is going down.

(Surprisingly the Thais are much better educated about sunburn/skin cancer than Caucasians).

Many Thais are not aware of the dangers of the sun but simply want to be as white as possible.

Hence all the whitening additives to skin products.

I'd say that they (the Thai's) are aware of the sun and is why many of them going swimming with all their clothes on.... I used to find that strange...blink.png but so use to seeing it now. wink.png

I agree about the not so populated beaches, and usually late in the afternoon...thumbsup.gif