90 Day Report

Hi,

I have a retirement visa.

I have a "receipt of notification" dated Nov. 23rd, 2012, saying I should report again on Feb. 22nd, 2013.

I have visa renewal from 1.1.2013.

So, do I have to report on Feb 22nd, or 90 days after the new visa was given?

Information regarding would help a lot!

Thank you!

February 22 is your due date for the 90-day report. If you go in person you can do it up to 15 days before and 7 days after the due date. If you mail, post it not later than 15 days before date.

Only the first application for extension of stay counts simultaneously as a 90-day report. Subsequent extensions do not.

Thank you so much.

I was sure the new visa was kind of 90 day report!

Good I asked.

Cheers

It is not a Visa. It is an extension of stay.

Only the first application counts as a 90 day report.

Some Immigration Offices will do the 90 day report at the same time to even up the times

Go now. Application for extension is accepted any time during the last 30 days of your current permission to stay. You lose nothing by going early; the new 365 days will be added to the end of you present permission to stay.

If one has a retirement visa for 12 months and travel outside Thailand every 90 days:

1. Is there a need for a re-entry permit?

2. Would the trip abroad every 90 days replace the reporting every 90 days?

Thanks in advance

If one has a retirement visa for 12 months and travel outside Thailand every 90 days:

Thanks in advance

1- a Question did you get that visa at a Consulate / Embassy outside of Thailand ?

1- b Or did you get an extension at a local Immigration bureau ? (seasoning 800k THB etc)

If 1a = yes, you don't need a Re-Entry Permit, you even must exit the country when the 90 Days are over

If 1b = yes you need a Re-Entry Permit, and thus the trip abroad would replace the 90 Day reporting.

When ever you come back in the country, that is day 1.

Edited by MJCM

What are you calling "retirement visa"? Visas from Consulates are multi entry O and multi entry O-A (long stay) or one year extension of stay from immigration inside Thailand.

You never have to report address if you do not stay longer than 90 days.

Thanks in advance

1- a Question did you get that visa at a Consulate / Embassy outside of Thailand ?

1- b Or did you get an extension at a local Immigration bureau ? (seasoning 800k THB etc)

If 1a = yes, you don't need a Re-Entry Permit, you even must exit the country when the 90 Days are over

If 1b = yes you need a Re-Entry Permit, and thus the trip abroad would replace the 90 Day reporting.

When ever you come back in the country, that is day 1.

Sorry, I had 1b in mind (800k THB in bank account). When you say you need Re-Entry permit, do you mean if one exit every 2 months, it is necessary to go to Immigration every 2 months for the re-entry permit and pay the fees each time?