New Multi-Million Baht Chalong Dam Plagued With Problems

webfact

New multi-million baht Chalong dam plagued with problems
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Construction issues plague the Klong Pee dam project in Chalong less than a year after it was completed at a cost of over 10 million baht.

Villagers complained to the Irrigation Project of Phuket, but after nine months of silence have turned to the Phuket Governor and the Phuket Press Club for help.

“On February 15 of this year, we filed a complaint to Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut asking him to examine the dam,” Chalong Kamnan Charoen Taewabutr said. “More than 10 million baht was spent on the project and if it doesn’t work – the money we spent was for nothing.”

The dam, located within Moo 5 in Chalong, was finished early last year to help solve water issues during the dry season, Kamnan Charoen explained.

“After it was finished, we realized there were a lot of problems with it, such as not being able to open or close the water gate when it rains heavily because sediment washes against it and blocks it. And some parts of the dam are already being eroded away,” he said.

In May 2012, Chalong villagers filed a complaint with the Irrigation Project of Phuket but have not received any response, which is why they have come to ask help from Governor Maitri, Kamnan Charoen said.

“It is a shame the dam cannot be used. I would like all relevant organizations to help us fix this problem – right away,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/New-multi-million-baht-Chalong-dam-plagued-with-problems-20325.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-26

Can't open the gate of the dam? And they are talking about building a nuclear power plant?

The plans for a nuclear power plant have been scratched after the people living in the area where it was supposed to be built were all against it.

And I would be the first out of Phuket if they started to build a nuclear power plant. Yeesh ... can't even get a simple dam project to work.

Can't open the gate of the dam? And they are talking about building a nuclear power plant?

The plans for a nuclear power plant have been scratched after the people living in the area where it was supposed to be built were all against it.

Doesn't really matter where. Pimay 1's quote of "And they are talking about building a nuclear power plant?" is a viable question posed ANYWHERE in this country. Edited by Dap
  • Like 1

Doesn't really matter where. Pimay 1's quote of "And they are talking about building a nuclear power plant?" is a viable question posed ANYWHERE in this country.

I would question the wisdom of building a nuclear reactor in ANY country...

• Like 1

Doesn't really matter where. Pimay 1's quote of "And they are talking about building a nuclear power plant?" is a viable question posed ANYWHERE in this country.

As would I.

As would I.

I wouldn't.

See my Member Title.

Anyone who cares about the environment, clean air, not destroyed rivers and wishes to have less radioactive elements in the ground and air prefers nuclear power.

As would I.

I wouldn't.

See my Member Title.

As I see it, the problem is not producing nuclear energy but rather the accompanying element of "human error" ... from construction to operation. I would rather see us putting more research towards solar, wind and water technology than walking the fine line of unmanageable nuclear contamination of the planet. Of course, when I consider how badly we have managed our environment, it is easy to admit we may have already crossed that line of no return, IMHO.

As I see it, the problem is not producing nuclear energy but rather the accompanying element of "human error" ... from construction to operation. I would rather see us putting more research towards solar, wind and water technology than walking the fine line of unmanageable nuclear contamination of the planet. Of course, when I consider how badly we have managed our environment, it is easy to admit we may have already crossed that line of no return, IMHO.

What would this unmanageable nuclear contamination of the planet be?

As far as I know we have only 3 real sources of energy on our little planet.

1) The supernova energy, which created all the heavier elements like gold and also uranium. These will become lead at some point of their lifetime.

Supernova explosions are huge ones. Definitely nuclear energy. These are the few times when the lighter elements can combine together and create heavier elements.

2) Solar energy, which is solar radiation, wind, water power, oil by transforming living objects to carbons and later on with a little bit of pressure these are turned in to oil, gas, coal and other forms of carbon storages.

Solar energy is fusion energy, therefore nuclear energy.

3) Inner core energy. Well, this is actually the supernova energy, but let's just make it another point in this case so that we'll get the hot springs, thermal energy and volcanoes to the game.

What is inside of our planet's core is still pretty much an mystery. We have an metal core, which is probably an mixture of different heavy metals, like iron, uranium and plutonium. These were created by the supernova explosions and are products of nuclear energy. I would bet our inner core is quite a big nuclear (fission in this case) reactor itself.

One could say that our planet is contaminated by the nuclear energy already and it's all unmanageable by us humans.

Quite a long post to say all energy is essentially nuclear in origin. The issue is not that nuclear energy is naturally occurring, it is rather that humans have not created foolproof systems to mange nuclear energy. And the fool exposure in Thailand is rather high.

What would this unmanageable nuclear contamination of the planet be?

As far as I know we have only 3 real sources of energy on our little planet.

1) The supernova energy, which created all the heavier elements like gold and also uranium. These will become lead at some point of their lifetime.

Supernova explosions are huge ones. Definitely nuclear energy. These are the few times when the lighter elements can combine together and create heavier elements.

2) Solar energy, which is solar radiation, wind, water power, oil by transforming living objects to carbons and later on with a little bit of pressure these are turned in to oil, gas, coal and other forms of carbon storages.

Solar energy is fusion energy, therefore nuclear energy.

3) Inner core energy. Well, this is actually the supernova energy, but let's just make it another point in this case so that we'll get the hot springs, thermal energy and volcanoes to the game.

What is inside of our planet's core is still pretty much an mystery. We have an metal core, which is probably an mixture of different heavy metals, like iron, uranium and plutonium. These were created by the supernova explosions and are products of nuclear energy. I would bet our inner core is quite a big nuclear (fission in this case) reactor itself.

One could say that our planet is contaminated by the nuclear energy already and it's all unmanageable by us humans.

All viable points indeed and as I said IMHO.