Pattaya Drink Prices - Too High!

BoonToong

Many bars in Pattaya where you can drink cheap, 45baht for a beer 35 baht for a thai whiskey, you just need to know the right places to drink, and most of these bars are thai run and sell always busy.

So where are they please?

And does it rain in those areas too? wink.png

In NEW PLAZA complex, nicknamed Soi Keeniow for those in the know:

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?x3wRUD5rkc6A

Pretty near to where you were ripped-off, actually.

There you can have your chang a 40 baht per small bottle e thai whisky at 35 baht per glass, but beware that bars are very busy with cheap-charlie expats!

• Like 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife has a restaurant/bar just outside of pattaya she sells all small bottled drinks... ie san mig chang tiger etc etc at 55 baht each big leo at 65 baht wine from 80 by the glass she makes a handsome profit on day time opening only so why why why do these bars rip people off there is no need !!!!!

she pays 34 for sam mig and sells it at 55 hence profit of 21 baht

I would like to know where she gets it for 34, i get mine direct from San Mig and i pay 890 per box, in Macro its 895 per box, so where does she buy for 816?

I pay 870bht per box at the moment.

From where?

Supamitr. The biggest supplier here.

:)

Many bars in Pattaya where you can drink cheap, 45baht for a beer 35 baht for a thai whiskey, you just need to know the right places to drink, and most of these bars are thai run and sell always busy.

Nev

Keep this to yourself,or we risk being exposed as CC,s-I know a small bar off Bukhaow where its only 50 baht for a BIG Leo LOL thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

For the guys complaining about Pattaya beer prices please give Malaysia a miss. A small Tiger beer sells for the equivalent of 100 baht in a cheap 7-11. Thailand and Cambodia is the place for heavy drinkers to be!!

For the guys complaining about Pattaya beer prices please give Malaysia a miss. A small Tiger beer sells for the equivalent of 100 baht in a cheap 7-11. Thailand and Cambodia is the place for heavy drinkers to be!!

Nope it ain't.

If beer is your thing, head over to the Phillipines, In the nightlife city of Angeles you pay between 60 and 100 pesos (45 - 75 Baht) for a bottled San Mig light, and this is in airconditioned go-go bars.

If I'm not mistaken, a bottle of SML in a 7/11 is 20P, or 15 Baht....

And does it rain in those areas too? wink.png

IN New Plaza, opposite Soi 8 on 2nd rd Pattaya

Nope it ain't.

If beer is your thing, head over to the Phillipines, In the nightlife city of Angeles you pay between 60 and 100 pesos (45 - 75 Baht) for a bottled San Mig light, and this is in airconditioned go-go bars.

and for LD, San Mig is 280 pesos, and in many of them she gets it in a wine glass, so the bottle is actually 560 pesos

Edited by lemoncake

Nope it ain't.

and for LD, San Mig is 280 pesos, and in many of them she gets it in a wine glass, so the bottle is actually 560 pesos

Very true.

And your hotel will be pretty expensive as well.

And food is crap.

Still, beer is dead cheap :blink:

Do the "Russian-style" approach. Go to Seven Eleven to get your alcohol then drink it along the beach prominade or while you're walking.

Actually I don't drink (coke, soda etc) but last week was in a bar at the top of Soi 6 (one back from the Corner)and while sitting with a lovely lass purchased a lady drink.

Came to pay and my bill for soda and LD was 230 baht (160 for LD and 70 for soda).

Of course you must pay otherwise problems, but these prices are just taking the piss. No wonder some of these places are empty.

Of course I won't go back (unless it's straight upstairs), but many owners (thai or falang) don't seem to care about repeat business.

You do understand the concept of LD, do not you?!

There reason it is "expansive" because "lady" gets 50-70 baht of it., though personally i do not consider 160 baht to be expansive for a drink, certainly not cheap but surely not outrages

PS, What do you find so outrages about soda being 70 baht?

A bottle of soda water costs 5baht in the store. You do the math....

That's the thing about bars, they charge so much for the non-alcoholic drinks that they fool the drinker into thinking its cheaper to just get drunk...

Gets me everythime.

And does it rain in those areas too?

There you can have your chang a 40 baht per small bottle e thai whisky at 35 baht per glass, but beware that bars are very busy with cheap-charlie expats!

You hit the nail on the head, bars are busy because they supply beer at reasonable prices, people are not cheap Charlie's, people who prefer to pay a reasonable price are simply clever !!

And does it rain in those areas too?

You hit the nail on the head, bars are busy because they supply beer at reasonable prices, people are not cheap Charlie's, people who prefer to pay a reasonable price are simply clever !!

Wrong- the guys who pay inflated drink prices do this to feel superior to us CC,s-its kind of a status thing " I,m not drinking in these bars,only old ex-pats go there" I,m not ready for this yet my 80 baht bottle of Singha tastes much better LOL biggrin.png

What I don't get is, these Cheap Charlie bars should be full of happy smiling faces because they are drinking exactly where their wallet allows them and drinking where they want to be. However, all I see are unkempt, washed up, miserable looking patrons with the weight of the whole world on their shoulders.

• Like 1

Do the "Russian-style" approach. Go to Seven Eleven to get your alcohol then drink it along the beach prominade or while you're walking.

Actually I don't drink (coke, soda etc) but last week was in a bar at the top of Soi 6 (one back from the Corner)and while sitting with a lovely lass purchased a lady drink.

Came to pay and my bill for soda and LD was 230 baht (160 for LD and 70 for soda).

Of course you must pay otherwise problems, but these prices are just taking the piss. No wonder some of these places are empty.

Of course I won't go back (unless it's straight upstairs), but many owners (thai or falang) don't seem to care about repeat business.

You do understand the concept of LD, do not you?!

There reason it is "expansive" because "lady" gets 50-70 baht of it., though personally i do not consider 160 baht to be expansive for a drink, certainly not cheap but surely not outrages

PS, What do you find so outrages about soda being 70 baht?

A bottle of soda water costs 5baht in the store. You do the math....

That's the thing about bars, they charge so much for the non-alcoholic drinks that they fool the drinker into thinking its cheaper to just get drunk...

Gets me everythime.

lol, ok, can always go buy a bottle of soda at 7/11 and drink it there.

the concept of bar is to sell alcohol, otherwise it would be a water or juice shopthumbsup.gif

Were you aware that back in your home country, in the pubs, they use the mixer for coke and cost per glass is less than 2 cents, while its sold for $2 plus

Its simply called business.wai.gif

• Like 1

What I don't get is, these Cheap Charlie bars should be full of happy smiling faces because they are drinking exactly where their wallet allows them and drinking where they want to be. However, all I see are unkempt, washed up, miserable looking patrons with the weight of the whole world on their shoulders.

cheesy.gif

I'll go home then. bah.gif

What a very strange and clouded vision you have, it's nothing to do with ones wallet, people drink in places where the price is reasonable because drinking in a place that is unreasonable is foolish!! you see in your mind unhappy people where in fact they are unhappy and concerned for the people who do not realize that the bar they are in is empty because the prices are double!!

What a very strange and clouded vision you have, it's nothing to do with ones wallet, people drink in places where the price is reasonable because drinking in a place that is unreasonable is foolish!! you see in your mind unhappy people where in fact they are unhappy and concerned for the people who do not realize that the bar they are in is empty because the prices are double!!

Do you think 25 000 000 baht is a reasonable price for a car?

Reasonable has a different meaning to different people.

I do not think its reasonable to sit in the heat, surrounded by people double my age and female company that is rather unpleasant to look at.

I think its reasonable to pay more for the drinks, to be in an aircon bar with pretty faces.

Sure if drinking is your everyday life, it might become expensive to keep it up, but in my case when i am out once every 2 weeks or so, i do not search cheap prices, but rather fun places

• Like 2

Drinking in a beer bar is not about cheap charlie/ being careful with money,

it's simply piss-poor bang for the buck, a complete waste of money.

But even more so, its a complete waste of time, and in heat at that

Edited by poanoi

I do not think its reasonable to sit in the heat, surrounded by people double my age and female company that is rather unpleasant to look at.

I think its reasonable to pay more for the drinks, to be in an aircon bar with pretty faces.

Sure if drinking is your everyday life, it might become expensive to keep it up, but in my case when i am out once every 2 weeks or so, i do not search cheap prices, but rather fun places

Are you saying bars that sell beer at uninflated prices do not contain pretty girls and only contain people double your age? are these bars also without air con? do bars that sell beer at inflated prices contain only pretty girls and people half your age? can a bar that sells beer at uninflated prices in fact be fun as well?

Fair enough. But most of those guys have been here a while and they know the right bars to go to so they won't get ripped off like the newbies. They're saving loads of baht while you and others are getting soaked with inflated bar bills.

Are you saying bars that sell beer at uninflated prices do not contain pretty girls and only contain people double your age? are these bars also without air con? do bars that sell beer at inflated prices contain only pretty girls and people half your age? can a bar that sells beer at uninflated prices in fact be fun as well?

Are you saying pretty girls like to work for 5 baht tips?

Please name for me bars with pretty young girls, air con and in your opinion "reasonable" prices.

Also please define for me "fun"

Please name for me bars with pretty young girls, air con and in your opinion "reasonable" prices.

Don't ask me look at your previous post and answer these questions for yourself!!

Don't ask me look at your previous post and answer these questions for yourself!!

blink.png you can not name any bars which have everything you posted?rolleyes.gif

You can not define fun?

So your post was meant for what exactly?whistling.gif

People make choices, in doing that people decide to drink at a certain place that they will enjoy, Prices of drink will be unimportant to them, some people like girlie bars where the drinks will be vastly inflated, some people like quieter bars where the drinks are not inflated it is called preference!!

you can not name any bars which have everything you posted?

You can not define fun?

So your post was meant for what exactly?

I was responding to your post as this is a forum for discussion!! as for defining fun it is different for different people, I do not frequent girlie bars so I can not answer that question! Edited by dogpoo

Why in gods name would anyone want to pay 70 baht for a bottle while looking at dressed up ladyboys

in open air and heat,

when there's an alternative to pay 60 baht while looking at naked girls dancing in air con ?

• Like 2