Pheu Thai May Seek Disqualification

Lite Beer

Another thread filler from Buchholz, I think we have already concluded that to sue and counter sue is the farce of Thai politics and utilised by both parties

Another backpedaling and obtuse thread filler from geo that fails to address any of the specifics of others' posts that highlight the holes in his.

coffee1.gif

Next.

Well at least he responded to you. No such luck for me sad.png

Other thread? over 30 minutes ago I pointed you to a response made hours ago that you overlooked, right below the post you were looking to be addressed......you underestimated my ability, in this case to decipher your muddled post so quickly I guess, and reposted another version later, don't worry,you are at the end of a long line that have made a similar mistake smile.png

So solly my friend.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PTP as always is in the mud slinging business. They have absolutely no managerial ability or fiscal accountability thus when an opportunity such as this arises, they smack their lips and go for it. After all, there is not much else they are capable of other than bitching, scheming and back stabbing. This present 'interuption' (backflip) is simply something to keep them occupied, holds no substance and is like everything else they do, a total waste of resources, time and money.

Its all a storm in a tea cup, how can the comments of Mr Suthep cause the disqualification of Sukhumbhand or cast doubt upon the legitimacy of Bangkok election results. Even though it was evident from the start when the Election Commission last week refused to endorse Sukhumbhand's victory that the PTP were looking for an avenue to sabotage Sukhumbhand's victory this issue, I feel, is so weak that It would take some heavy weight political interference to bring it about. The deputy party spokesman Jirayu Huangsap like Geo are poking sticks into a hornets nest so they can sit back and giggle like a red headed step kid at the mayhem they have caused.

Edited by waza

Pheu Thai is considering filing a complaint with the Election Commission to try to disqualify Bangkok governor-elect Sukhumbhand Paribatra

6 days ago – Speaking at a press conference, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra congratulated M.R. Sukhumbhand for his victory, and she pointed out that her government and Pheu Thai Party were ready to work seamlessly with the Bangkok Governor.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=6668&a=2

And I am sure they will once this little matter is amicably sorted out by the EC as they maintain their checks and balances

Why are you "sure" of this? They've given no indication before the election or after the election other than her hollow words quoted. Is there any indication they actually intend to follow her disingenuous malarkey?

Instead, it's been just the opposite, beginning with the day after the election:

Pheu Thai To Complain To E C About Fraud During Bangkok Governor Election

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/623258-pheu-thai-to-complain-to-e-c-about-fraud-during-bangkok-governor-election/

followed by today's efforts.

"...Instead, it's been just the opposite, beginning with the day after..." They LOSE "... the election:..."

Monday, March 11. Eight days after the Bangkok Governor elections. Did Pheu Thai file a complaint with the Election Commission, or did they find someone to do it for them? Are we waiting till close to the 30 days the Election Commision has given itself to look into things, in order to make sure the Election Commission stays busy and the Governor Elect will be under continued stress to make sure he 'behaves'?

No Bangkok Governor since January 11th. The government working seamlessly with a telephone pole I guess?

Well I agree it is difficult to be sure when things can change so fast Buchholz, only recently I am asked to believe Pathongate is the new PTP spokesman, must be true the information was offered by somebody who frequently visits his facebook page.........however I am a little sceptical as this responsibility is way too much for one so young perhaps just a little over enthusiastic political posturing from the informant

>Nothing really new here. When in the run up to the 2011 general elections the Democrats held a rally at Ratchaprasong and even played some clips of PTV UDD leader shoutcasts the Pheu Thai party list candidate Nattawut threatened to sue the Democrats. Probably an issue of IP copyright violation :-)

Nothing new, indeed. Perhaps geo is unfamiliar with others that have said the same thing (completely missing that Panthongtae was but one example)

Anyway, it goes back at least 4 years when the Pheu Thai Party Financier cried about the same thing as the OP..... and lost.

Court drops Thaksin’s defamation case against Suthep

BANGKOK, 22 June 2009 (NNT) – The Criminal Court has dropped a defamation case against Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban which was filed by former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

The lawsuit was earlier lodged by Mr Udom Prongfa as authorized by Mr Thaksin to sue Mr Suthep for his verbal allegation via an interview given to media on 3 February 2009. The plaintiff cited that Mr Suthep accused Mr Thaksin of not retiring from politics and wanting to become "President" of Thailand.

The court has dropped the case after analyzing all the witnesses and evidence during the interrogation state, citing that the accused had made his comments honestly and with no intention to defame the plaintiff according to Article 329 of the Criminal Code.

http://202.47.224.92/en/news.php?id=255206220026

coffee1.gif

(hopefully, geo will also notice how a quoted news article is completely separated from personal comments, that it is sourced, dated, and linked). wink.png

Fast forward to today, and it's another defamation case for similar reasons... and another loss for the complainant.

Appeals court acquits Sondhi in libel case against Thaksin

BANGKOK, 12 March 2013 (NNT) - The Appeals Court has ruled to acquit People's Alliance for Democracy leader Sondhi Limthongkul, in a libel case against him filed by former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

The Appeals Court on Tuesday upheld the lower court's decision to acquit the media firebrand in 2010.

Thaksin in 2007 filed a defamation charge against Mr Sondhi based on Mr Sondhi's public accusation that Thaksin conspired with leaders of the Communist Party of Thailand, in what he called the "Finland Declaration", to overthrow the Thai monarchy and install a communist state.

The Criminal Court acquitted Mr Sondhi in 2010, citing the reason that Mr Sondhi was "criticizing out of innocent intentions". The Appeals Court cited the same reason.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-03-12 footer_n.gif