Requirements For Starting Simple Office In Bangkok

Dear expats,

Currently i'm living in bangkok since i'm a student here. Together with my friends in Holland we develloped a businessplan. The company's core business will be in the Netherlands but we'd like to outsource a small workload to Thailand. The requirements in Thailand are very low. All i need is a small office space with 2 internet connected computers. I need 2 fulltime employees (Thai) preforming uneducated simple computer tasks. Working hours will be European, so from about 3 o'clock afternoon until 3 at night! I plan to stay in Thailand the next couple of years. I will only manage the office. Does anyone of you has any suggestions how i can achieve the above?

Kevin

Student @ Bangkok University

Dear expats,

Currently i'm living in bangkok since i'm a student here. Together with my friends in Holland we develloped a businessplan. The company's core business will be in the Netherlands but we'd like to outsource a small workload to Thailand. The requirements in Thailand are very low. All i need is a small office space with 2 internet connected computers. I need 2 fulltime employees (Thai) preforming uneducated simple computer tasks. Working hours will be European, so from about 3 o'clock afternoon until 3 at night! I plan to stay in Thailand the next couple of years. I will only manage the office. Does anyone of you has any suggestions how i can achieve the above?

Kevin

Kevin,

If you are under 27 years of age, I wouldn't try managing in Thailand. It won't work. The Thai promotion structure is very much based on age and you will find it extremely difficult finding older employees to listen to you.

You might try giving Sunbelt or Indo Siam a ring, if you are still serious about it. You will need at least $5000+ USD to get started.

--Matt

Dear expats,

Kevin

Kevin,

If you are under 27 years of age, I wouldn't try managing in Thailand. It won't work. The Thai promotion structure is very much based on age and you will find it extremely difficult finding older employees to listen to you.

You might try giving Sunbelt or Indo Siam a ring, if you are still serious about it. You will need at least $5000+ USD to get started.

--Matt

Hi Matt,

I'm kind of a old sudent, i'm 26. There is only the need for a couple of employees. The plans are getting very serious. Starting investment in the total businessplan will be around $250.000, so 5+ should not coz any trouble. We're thinking about outsourcing the project completely as well. As long as we can get the job done it will be fine. I took notice of the site you recommended and have send Indo Siam an email with a request for further information. Managing the stuff myself comes from the desire to stay in this country for a while. We're also busy getting software development and future development outsourced to Thailand for wich we dont require any help. In case of future development of software in Thailand i would stay here anyway to oversee the projects.

Kevin.

Kevin