50% - 3 Months Discount On True Vision (Ubc)

ExpatOilWorker

Thanks for the tip but it's a bit late for me. I know my poor True Vision experience of freeze-images and reception issues probably aren't typical but seriously, how many times do they think they can repeat shows? 50% off permanently would be about what the Gold Package is worth, imho.

Thanks for the tip - is it any good? Does it have BBC News, HBO, Sports?

Yes it has all of what you are asking plus Discovery and History plus National Geographic, BBC Knowledge, AXN and Diva Universal is ok for somthing to watch + other film channels. Plus a number of Channels in HD

Have 7 True sport channels plus Fox Sports and ESPN. Though a number of the TrueSport channels do not have much on unless there is live football matches.

Big problem with the sports is that from May, no Premier League matches as they have lost the rights. Somewhat gutted by this especially with all the sports channels they never show cricket. No doubt they will replay this seasons matches.

Was going to cancel after losing the rights to the Premier League but it's better than nothing and I could not sit and watch the Thai TV.

Yes it has all of what you are asking plus Discovery and History plus National Geographic, BBC Knowledge, AXN and Diva Universal is ok for somthing to watch + other film channels. Plus a number of Channels in HD

Have 7 True sport channels plus Fox Sports and ESPN. Though a number of the TrueSport channels do not have much on unless there is live football matches.

Big problem with the sports is that from May, no Premier League matches as they have lost the rights. Somewhat gutted by this especially with all the sports channels they never show cricket. No doubt they will replay this seasons matches.

Was going to cancel after losing the rights to the Premier League but it's better than nothing and I could not sit and watch the Thai TV.

Pormax if what you say is true who, in Thailand if anyone, will have the premier league rights after May???

The premier league is one of the main reasons for having True vision surely?? sad.png

Pormax if what you say is true who, in Thailand if anyone, will have the premier league rights after May???

The premier league is one of the main reasons for having True vision surely?? sad.png

Found CTH ( Cable Thai Holdings ) website at

http://www.cth.co.th/?page_id=11

Sent them an e-mail and called them but their staff have no idea what is happening regarding BPL

after May you can contact them on 024013333 if you wish, i got someone whos' english was good

On True vision My missus called them up ( Thai ) and asked about the 50% discount and was told if

she were to tell them she wished to cancel her gold subscription they would offer her a 50% discount to

stay on but nothing if she did not cancel, bizarre offer eh? She did manage to get 2 months free platinum

by telling them to cancel their monthly Magazine as it is in Thai and useless to me. so very small victory.

They too have no idea about BPL after May but of course encouraged her to wait and see.

coffee1.gif TIT.

I had True up until Dec last year

My service went out

I called true

The were to send a technician the next morning to fix

Technician never showed up and never called

I called true and girl said technician fixed trouble and closed ticket

When I asked her why I still get error message on screen he got all confused

because technician said trouble was fixed.

I asked her how technician can fix trouble without coming to my condo?

She said technician was there and he fixed the problem.

Once again I said technician did not come. He lied and closed ticket without doing anything

She aid "I do not think he do that.

I that point I cancelled my service

I get free service with condo ... not as many sports channels,

fewer English channels but get two English news channels

True who?

i cancelled mine years ago ,i now use thai expat tv ,i cant fault it

All good, but isn't that the same as UKTV which is cheaper at 490THB and both UKTV and expat.tv don't show live EPL?

All good, but no where as good as a proper XBMC set up which is free / no monthly fees and free software as well of course (used by many on ThaiVisia) and has all the soccer and sport.

• 5 weeks later...

Truevision pulled another stunt this morning,changed a load of

channel numbers & moved programs from gold to platinum without

any warning . Just seen the post about Ubc losing the rights to

show prem. league next season. So thats it i guess. If anyone

can offer alternate viewing advice would appreciate. Truevision

has gone right down the pan in the last few months , No Broadwalk

Empire , Just showing old Downton Abbey series . Not worth the

1500+ per month

1500+ per month

Well for those who want to CANCEL True Visions, take it step by step and be very very clear that you want to CANCEL and on what date, and DEMAND that they confirm by e-mail that your subscriptions has been cancelled, and DEMAND the name of the True employee you spoke to.

Plus DEMAND an e-mail which states specifically that True have cancelled the automatic charge to your credit card (if that's the way you normally pay each month). Why? Because if you call / go to your bank to cancel the automatic charge to your credit card the bank will tell you that True is the only body that can cancel the charge. Also make sure dates are specific (final credit card transaction date / covering what period of time).

Plus, if you sell a property / condo etc., or if you are in a rental property but the True account is in you name, DEMAND an e-mail which states specifically that the account in your name has been totally paid (plus relevant dates) and cancelled and relevant dates.

WHY?

Because two years back we sold our condo in Bkk and moved to CM. I called True to cancel the service at the condo in Bkk., I gave them a contact address in CM in case it was needed, and also gave them the name and tel. no., of the buyer of the Bkk condo but with very very specific instructions that they contact the buyer to confirm any continuation of True service.

About 5 weeks later we received a bill for the next month (mailed to CM).

I called True. I spoke to the supervisor in English and Thai, and my adult Thai son spoke to them in Thai.

We said: we contacted you (date and True employee's name quoted) and cancelled the service, why is it continuing, and in our name?

Response: We called the tel., no. of the person you quoted as the buyer but nobody answered the phone so we reopened the account in your name.

My son went berserk, asked for the name of the person on the phone from True* and also demanded the name and tel. no., of the manager of the dept. (*My son also told the True employee that he would get a lawyer to charge her with fraudulent use of another persons name.)

Response: We have a manager but she doesn't have a telephone in her office, but we will get someone to call back. My son waited some time then called again. Response: Manager has finished her shift and gone home. My son: So has the message been passed to the manager now on duty? Response: What for?

My son went even more berserk, finally a more senior person on the phone with all sorts of apologies after perhaps 30 minutes of repeated explanation from my son (he repeated the details more times than I can possibly count).

We never received another bill.

But we did get a call from the very pleasant young Thai couple who bought the condo, asking us if we knew why they had never received a bill from True, also mentioning that they had called True many times, the answer they received was; you cannot change the name to your name, there is already a customer at this address (our name). My son gave them the full story, they said they would call True again.

A nightmare.

Edited by scorecard

1500+ per month

Wait and see what CTH will offer.

We have installed Vinasat from Vietnam for 100 baht a month. Pretty much same channels as True + a few others.

• Like 1

It's been like this for years. If you're vigilant and always call at the right time, they will offer you the 50% discount pretty much constantly. But - it goes back up, and if you don't call in time, you're back to paying the regular price for that month; then you can still get the 50% but only starting next month.

What they're betting on is that the discount retains disgruntled customers; and that customers are just too lazy to keep calling in, or they forget, and stop caring.

The strange thing about this strategy is that it works. Certainly worked on me. I got the discount a few times but then always forgot and now don't even bother anymore.