Widening Of Beach Rd Started At North End

morrobay

Due to no maintenance by the city to their "projects" ...and due to what every pedistrian experiences everyday walking in the city, how many months will it take before some of the bricks begin to sink, disappear, or become unlevel? And seeing how the workers are just using regular soil for the foundation before laying the walk-way bricks tells me this prediction will happen.

And, lets not forget the sand. Always been a problem, but on bricks!!!!!! Will be a nightmare to keep swept. I wonder if they are putting decent drainage in now. It always flooded before.

I have never seen a lifeguard in the towers. It doesnt matter if its a weekend, week day, holiday, or any day, they are always empty. Amazing amount of money wasted around the city.

As the chairs are metal, no way anyone could sit in them anyway.

Bought for the usual reason, I'm sure.

What beach? As far as I'm concerned they can pave over that whole beach between Nua and Klang. Keep a sidewalk for walking but last I heard they were trucking in sand because the beach was disappearing so no use fighting it and make another lane for those busloads of gawking asian tourists. To me the big problem is the bottneck at walking street. They have to fix that. I personally think they should not allow any big buses past Pattaya Klang

Edited by lapd

Some of you guys are getting your facts wrong etc. So to get all this straight I would suggest you come on down and discuss beach issues. There are a constant stream of people comming in who know all about everything on the beach. I am here every day having a beer(have grey hair) on the ground floor so come on in and sit down. The place on Soi 13/1 (a few meters from beach) is called PS Guest Horse and is open 24 hr.

Edited by threelegcowboy

Some of you guys are getting your facts wrong etc. So to get all this straight I would suggest you come on down and discuss beach issues. There are a constant stream of people comming in who know all about everything on the beach. I am here every day having a beer(have grey hair) on the ground floor so come on in and sit down. The place on Soi 13/1 (a few meters from beach) is called PS Guest Horse and is open 24 hr.

So where do you get your insider knowledge from?

Hopefully not by sitting in PS guest house and drinking beers?

Here are a couple of photos taken from the mayor's facebook page. Seems some people don't like that you will have to zig-zag around the new tree's put in place, not to mention the space between the tree's is too narrow. I think a lot of people will be bumping into each other while walking or running.

http://www.facebook.com/PattayaFuture

post-72597-0-97854100-1367859131_thumb.j

post-72597-0-35082300-1367859159_thumb.j

Here are a couple of photos taken from the mayor's facebook page. Seems some people don't like that you will have to zig-zag around the new tree's put in place, not to mention the space between the tree's is too narrow. I think a lot of people will be bumping into each other while walking or running.

http://www.facebook.com/PattayaFuture

As far as sidewalks go for people in wheelchairs and having to avoid obstacles, Beach Road will STILL in the top 3 in the whole country.

What about the poor girls that make a living just walking up and down beach rd?? will they have room to walk??

It's pretty clear that the beach will be wide enough in some spots, like near central shopping. Expect them to congregate more in that

area.

I do like the colored bricks and appreciate the pics that some posters are posting here, but I can see them falling apart quickly due to no maintenance. Also, it is a shame that the last old-growth trees will have to be removed in order to complete the project. Palm trees provide almost no shade. The old-growth trees do provide shade. I am guessing that the City does not want shade (hummmmm, more money for the umbrella mafia types?). The City probably does not even want people sitting on benches in the walkway. It will be different. I think it is a mistake.

• Like 2

It boggles the mind, the city rents the left lane of beach road to motorbike rental businesses, then rents out vendor tents in the right lane, then tears out the trees and beach to rectify the traffic problem.

And just where is all the traffic from this widened road meant to go once it reaches Pattaya Tai, which is a huge bottleneck once you get up to the temple and a single lane.

Wouldnt no cars/baht buses/bikes be better and just have something like these

post-46832-0-98725700-1367914484_thumb.j

And just where is all the traffic from this widened road meant to go once it reaches Pattaya Tai, which is a huge bottleneck once you get up to the temple and a single lane.

thats the unanswered question, I got a feeling the new lane will end up being used for motorbike rentals or stalls because there will be no way to get the traffic out without blocking the traffic from Jomtiem, and also no way for tourists to cross a 3 lane road with no pedestrian crossings

The City probably does not even want people sitting on benches in the walkway.

do we know if they are even going to have benches?

I think it is likely there will be no place to sit except underneath an umbrella. The walkway will probably not be a relaxing place to sit and watch the water and people. Maybe it was never "relaxing," but I think you get my meaning.

The City probably does not even want people sitting on benches in the walkway.

do we know if they are even going to have benches?
I think it is likely there will be no place to sit except underneath an umbrella. The walkway will probably not be a relaxing place to sit and watch the water and people. Maybe it was never "relaxing," but I think you get my meaning.
if they dont replace the benches I suspect that it wont be long before people find a new use for the bricks in the path Edited by wwex

Yes, won't it be hypocritical when the "city officials" rent out the new lane to vendors when there is some kind of festival in town. The first lane is already rented out from the city for businesses to rent out motorbikes and such (which gets rid of a lane in use)...then the new lane will be rented out (occasionaly) to vendors...or now that the Beach Road promenade is flat...the town council can rent the space out to vendors...Oh, and within 6 months spray pain will be sprayed on the new bricks to number out the vendor space as it had been done on the old walkway.--and do you think they will have the word "yearly maintenance" in their planning????? no, you build it and let it fall apart. The Thai way, I guess.

This is what we have in Chiang Mai for our best walkway, around the city moat.

If in a wheel chair, take your pick and take your chances... :

IMG_6366.jpg

Which side of the old town is this? I don't recognise the building in the background...

If you want to see what kind of wear and tear on these brick will be then go down to Walking Street and see for yourself. Its the same brick with same support under. WS has street traffic and foot traffic. The beach will only have foot traffic. WS brick was laid about 6 years ago.

Grid lock is a major problem in Pattaya. Beach Rd is the worst so now lets see if this helps.

For years the rumor is that the beach side of Walking Street will be torn down for street widening.

Maybe widening and/or elevated road same as Bali Pier to 3rd Rd will happen.

If you want to see what kind of wear and tear on these brick will be then go down to Walking Street and see for yourself. Its the same brick with same support under. WS has street traffic and foot traffic. The beach will only have foot traffic. WS brick was laid about 6 years ago.

Grid lock is a major problem in Pattaya. Beach Rd is the worst so now lets see if this helps.

For years the rumor is that the beach side of Walking Street will be torn down for street widening.

Maybe widening and/or elevated road same as Bali Pier to 3rd Rd will happen.

That would be a big boost to tourism...

Instead of people flying half way around the world to see walking street...

Tourist could fly half way around the world to see Pattayas new street.People would be amazed because streets are pretty rare other places...

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1

IMG_6366.jpg

Which side of the old town is this? I don't recognise the building in the background...

That's looking at the Sompet Market area from the Eastern side of the moat, looking South. Amora Thapae hotel is just visible on the left. Here: http://goo.gl/maps/wPedP (Zoom out or click the little arrow in the bottom right to see the map)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Just Dreaming

They could leave Walking Street as is except;

Have a ramp start about Royal Garden and go to Walking Street. Have columns supporting an elevated road above all business on beach side of WS. The columns could go in the tailor, jewelry etc shops and have a double lanes above. This would allow shade in the day time and make WS rain proof.

Most traffic could be funneled off beach road, then Walking Street Bali Pier elevated road, then on to existing elevated Rd then on to a new road all the way to Sukhumvit.

This would allow for maybe three times the traffic we have now.

Come on down to PS Guest Horse and we can discuss in detail.

Edited by Rimmer
Font

IMG_6366.jpg

That's looking at the Sompet Market area from the Eastern side of the moat, looking South. Amora Thapae hotel is just visible on the left. Here: http://goo.gl/maps/wPedP (Zoom out or click the little arrow in the bottom right to see the map)

Thanks. The worst thing about those walkways along the moats is crossing the street... I mean, ALL those streets... with the traffic never stopping...sad.png

threeleg; All those buildings on the sea side of walking street were built illegally, and that was more than 25 years ago! Do you believe the owners will give up something, they have paid tea money for all those years?

As for the walkway bricks, they will last as long as there is no storm, or flood, so how long is that? I may be a little bored with all these projects, but has anyone ever seen anything here completed, and maintained? If all the flood waters are allowed to run down the streets, then those bricks and new trees, will be half way to the islands by next year.