Widening Of Beach Rd Started At North End

morrobay

correct me if i am wrong,but it used to be easy living here with the stupidity it was harmless and sometimes amusing,but now this advanced stupidity has become almost unbearable,dangerous,costly and now affects my life my home my dailyroutines and my investment,i dont want to move again i have just slettled here and i was calling pattaya nua my retirement home,and i was happy,i live with the noise,jackhammers and grinders is ok,,as i always hope this means an improvment,im from an area back west, infested with drugs crime and gangs,i can live with that too,but slowly day by day these,stupid descion ,one after another they have forced me to re-evaluate my future,and pattaya's future...i just cant get my head around this beach widening,i cant live in a city that cares more about tour buses more than the residence that live here..yes i know ''suck it up''. i cant..i just came from a run on the beach...they will have solved the ''soi13 and beach rd sex trade problem''..at the cost of our beach....made in thailand and yes''mai pen rai''

Somewhat of an overreaction no?

We haven't see the end results as yet. It might be nice.

Yes I know, but we can live in hope.

i live soi1 and beach rd...this has a ''direct affect on me''....where do you live??

Recently, I have been exploring down the coast between Bang Saray & Pattaya.

Resorts condos and restaurants popping up all along the beach there and no road intersecting, blocking the resorts from the sand/water. Nice.

The way it should be, no?

Resorts condos and restaurants popping up all along the beach there and no road intersecting, blocking the resorts from the sand/water. Nice.

And just how long do you think it will stay that way ?

I think he was being sarcastic.

what they dont seem to comprehend is that its the traffic getting off beach road at the second road intersection that causes the traffic coming from jomtiem to be slowed to a crawl most of the time, and they are going to make it worse

I'm sure they aware of that, and I'm equally sure that they don't give a rat's bottom.

City hall is conveniently out of the way of the worst of the congestion.

The saying "killing the goose that lays the golden eggs" springs to mind.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I think he was being sarcastic.

I dont think so - Check it out . That area called Na Jomtien, which looks more like Cha Am than Jomtien, is the future for this area All it needs is a supermarket and some go-go bars on the beach. . Because at some point and that point is tipping now, going to say they can have it. See post # 188/mok 199

Edited by morrobay

correct me if i am wrong,but it used to be easy living here with the stupidity it was harmless and sometimes amusing,but now this advanced stupidity has become almost unbearable,dangerous,costly and now affects my life my home my dailyroutines and my investment,i dont want to move again i have just slettled here and i was calling pattaya nua my retirement home,and i was happy,i live with the noise,jackhammers and grinders is ok,,as i always hope this means an improvment,im from an area back west, infested with drugs crime and gangs,i can live with that too,but slowly day by day these,stupid descion ,one after another they have forced me to re-evaluate my future,and pattaya's future...i just cant get my head around this beach widening,i cant live in a city that cares more about tour buses more than the residence that live here..yes i know ''suck it up''. i cant..i just came from a run on the beach...they will have solved the ''soi13 and beach rd sex trade problem''..at the cost of our beach....made in thailand and yes''mai pen rai''

i live soi1 and beach rd...this has a ''direct affect on me''....where do you live??

I live on the darkside, I have had to put up with the inconvenience of roadworks upgrading the local roads around me in the past.

Was it inconvenient at the time? Yes

Is the road better now than previously? Yes

Not all progress is bad, your investment and the environment for both residents and tourists MAY be improved when finished.

Why the need to slag it off when we haven't seen the results yet?

• Like 2

I live on the darkside, I have had to put up with the inconvenience of roadworks upgrading the local roads around me in the past.

Was it inconvenient at the time? Yes

Is the road better now than previously? Yes

Not all progress is bad, your investment and the environment for both residents and tourists MAY be improved when finished.

Why the need to slag it off when we haven't seen the results yet?

I don't know about you but I am fond of trees...If Pattaya had many beautiful parks I would not be concerned to much about whats happening to beach road...But Pattaya has no parks that I have ever seen...Pattaya only had a tiny bit nature on beach road that will soon be gone....I think if what they were doing was good I don't think there would be 8 pages mostly negative comments...

Edited by fforest1

I am very fond of trees too. As late as today I saw them pulling palm trees up near central road and it's was not nice to watch.

I am sure they gonna plant a lot of big trees later on, it would be stupid just to have a naked beach next to the road.

Be patient and see the end result first, 4 years from nowwhistling.gif

Edited by guzzi850m2

If you look at te huge billboard on Pattay beach near walking st, it clearly shows that trees will be replanted and that there will be space to walk. BTW the coconut ladies, in my informal survey, said they have no plans to quit after the change(though some seemed unaware of the plans). Plus ca change ...

Have you ever seen a billboard of a proposed condo? Nice and clean, no parking problem, no vendors, no plastic bags flying around,no telephone wires hanging down to the ground, people walking hand in hand, a few Merc's parked to give the high class look. Thais are great at making billboards, but that isnt what the end project will look like. Im sure they will put in some trees, but it will probably be a continuing project, and never get it finished. That still dosent solve the problem of no beach!

• Like 1

According to the touched up drawing (see the first page of this forum) there will be more open space for sun and less trees. NOTE: I am curious how the "retaining" wall will hold up which the construction crew is building for the new lane and have the "experts" considered high tide?

According to the touched up drawing (see the first page of this forum) there will be more open space for sun and less trees. NOTE: I am curious how the "retaining" wall will hold up which the construction crew is building for the new lane and have the "experts" considered high tide?

A retaining wall to hold back the ocean?

Has anyone seen the 'improvements done in Naklua?

Wiped out in the first big storm leaving a gigantic mess.

Did they ever bother to fix it, or is it still in shambles? I'm going to take a stab and guess it sits a wreck.

Did they ever bother to fix it, or is it still in shambles? I'm going to take a stab and guess it sits a wreck.

No it was fixed ...... sort of !

No it was fixed ...... sort of !

Retaining walls often accelerate beach erosion. I do not have time to Google this, but there is ample evidence of this in coastal USA.

well....my rant is over ...for now...the beach is looking much better ,they have replanted many trees ..these super tall exotic looking coconut trees...this could be good...but the buses will still be an issue....any how it is looking like they may.build to plan....fingers crossed....

well....my rant is over ...for now...the beach is looking much better ,they have replanted many trees ..these super tall exotic looking coconut trees...this could be good...but the buses will still be an issue....any how it is looking like they may.build to plan....fingers crossed....

Interesting turnaround. When I went for a look a couple of days ago it struck me that they seemed to be getting on with things pretty swiftly, can it be that they are actually going to do a proper job this time? As you say, fingers well and truly crossed.

Interesting turnaround. When I went for a look a couple of days ago it struck me that they seemed to be getting on with things pretty swiftly, can it be that they are actually going to do a proper job this time? As you say, fingers well and truly crossed.

Since I live on Beach Rd, north I see the daily construction. The palm trees I see were already there and were left since they were not in the path of the new lane or new walkway. Yes, the road construction pace is surprisingly going fast since there are "supervisors" on hand to keep an eye on things (they stay under the white open tent) and there is even a night shift that works - I'd estimate that the project will be done by next October.

Since I live on Beach Rd, north I see the daily construction. The palm trees I see were already there and were left since they were not in the path of the new lane or new walkway. Yes, the road construction pace is surprisingly going fast since there are "supervisors" on hand to keep an eye on things (they stay under the white open tent) and there is even a night shift that works - I'd estimate that the project will be done by next October.

Some of the trees were left it is true, but they have planted a load of new ones and seem to be doing some gardening. From the trucks that were there it would appear that the landscaping is being done by Nong Nooch who are pretty good.

As said, keep fingers crossed. I am afraid the traffic management aspects are flawed though. But let us see.

• Like 1

i goggled and it looks like these new exotic plams are called ''madagasgar plams'''they are beautyful trees....and tall...and i think they will be ''fixed''so they bear no fruit ''coconuts''....thats all thailand needs now is a rash of koreans with head injuries...