Murder Suspect Escapes To Sweden

PoorSucker

The murder suspect Swedish 18-year-old Jonis Mamood escapes to Sweden using his little brother's passport.

sakaewmurder.png

The Swede with his girlfriend when arrested.

It is suspected to have been helped by the Muslim insurgents to escape Thailand.
Now he is unlikely to face imprisonment in Southeast Asia.

The Swedish 18-year-old suspected to have stabbed to death a Thais in August last year.

Although his passport was confiscated, he succeeded then leave the country.
According to Police sources the murder suspect might have used his two years younger brother's passport.

He changed his appearance to be more like his brother and to get to Narathiwat province in southern Thailand, an area that Swedish Foreign
Ministry has warned against because of an ongoing insurgency.

Flying from Malaysia

He's hidden by insurgents before he crosses the border to the south with the help of his brother's passport.

He is photographed as everyone else in the passport control.
After crossing the border, he flies from Malaysia to Sweden.

The father and the younger son, who was in Thailand to visit, went to the Swedish embassy and stated that her son lost his passport.
The Embassy contacted the Thai Immigration police looking into passport number - it turns out that the person in question left the country
two days earlier.
Yet they issued a new passport.

Swedish foreign department secretive

According to Aftonbladet the 16-year-old brother immediately flew to Sweden from Thailand with his new passport. The father went with a later flight. Swedish foreign department will not disclose any details.

- I can not confirm any details, says Anna Buhre Kervefors, the Ministry's press service.

The 18-year-old is unlikely to be extradited to Thailand because of the death penalty. Something that normally is converted to 45 years of imprisonment or more for foreigners.

Source: translated from Aftonbladet --2013-03-31

Previous thread on ThaiVisa.com

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/574813-swede-fatally-stabs-thai-girlfriends-facebook-friend/

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 18-year-old is unlikely to be extradited to Thailand because of the death penalty.

Let's see is Sweden does a better job than the UK re: Lee Aldhouse.

Maybe you should re read the last couple sentences of the OP!

The 18-year-old is unlikely to be extradited to Thailand because of the death penalty.

I thought Mr Aldhouse was returned to Thailand and is currently awaiting trial in a Phuket jail ? Presumably after the UK government received a guarantee that he wouldn't face the death penalty.

Yes, that's one of them. :rolleyes:

rolleyes.gif If you read the post you will see that he had the obvious aid of his family.

His mother reported the other son's passport as lost.

His brother agreed with that.

It is not unexpected for the mother to want to protect and help her son. That is instinct and to be expected of the mother.

Irregardless of the fact that the fugitive is a wanted killer, he is also her son ..... and maternal bonds are probably her first concern.

But I doubt that she did this herself .... her family was also involved in the plan and aided the mother.

As for the iinsurgents .... i suspect they are aways in need of money ... and the family probably gave them that.

Family ties were more important for them than anything else.

• Like 1

Who in there right mind would travel to Narathiwat province, much easier to cross from Satun province on the boat.

It's a very dangerous area.

The province has police/army stops that compare to say somewhere like

Iran.

When the deputy prime minster's son did this trip it was a long time ago

and much easier to get away with then, and he went across through the
jungle.

He would stick out like a sore thumb as no other white people in the

area, who in there right mind would do this.

Classic bullxxxx story, hard ever to know the truth, but it sounds like a

story designed too _________

I wish I could say

• Like 1

What happens if he is not extradited Sweden to Thailand?

Is there going to be a trial without him and then the sentence information from Thai court is given to Swedish authorities, who will put the boy to the prison for a few years?

Or is he a free man?

This is a tragedy for sure. Young people ruining there lives for what?

I hope we can get some more information on why Muslim "insurgents" (terrorists) are helping this family out and who in the Thai government is complicit in a murders escape. I know it is common for rich people to get bail for murder but I would "follow the money" and look at the prosecutor and police very closely, just to make sure nothing illegal on their part contributed to the escape. It may not be obvious to the police but there may have been a conspiracy carefully orchestrated by the suspect's family.

The only thing positive to come out of this is that young Mamood may have to spend the rest of his life in Sweden and will not be available to participate in the civil war in the South.

Being that the kid's last name is Mamood a Musluim name, I would suspect that possibility that he had family connections if not religious connections to the insurgents. That could explain the reason for taking that route.

rolleyes.gif If you read the post you will see that he had the obvious aid of his family.

It is not unexpected for the mother to want to protect and help her son. That is instinct and to be expected of the mother.

Irregardless of the fact that the fugitive is a wanted killer, he is also her son ..... and maternal bonds are probably her first concern.

But I doubt that she did this herself .... her family was also involved in the plan and aided the mother.

As for the iinsurgents .... i suspect they are aways in need of money ... and the family probably gave them that.

If you remember the story originally, it was a Misha mash of crime of passion, betrayal and fighting with another Thai boyfriend.

Hardly a cut and died murder.

• Like 2

It is a bit funny how people interpet the same story and leave out or add what suits them. I would recommend that a few posters here go back and re-read the OP.But the family pulled a very good scam on the Swedes as well as Thai Immigration to get their son out of Thailand

It is a bit funny how people interpet the same story and leave out or add what suits them. I would recommend that a few posters here go back and re-read the OP.But the family pulled a very good scam on the Swedes as well as Thai Immigration to get their son out of Thailand

Thai immigration yes. Swedes, probably no. I would guess they were fully aware of the situation.

By the time Sweden embassy was involved, they had to get the brother of the murder suspect out of the country. I believe that is their duty.

Thai immigration yes. Swedes, probably no. I would guess they were fully aware of the situation.

By the time Sweden embassy was involved, they had to get the brother of the murder suspect out of the country. I believe that is their duty.

Ah, the plot thickens . . . now it is not only the Muslim insurgents involved but now also the Swedish embassy . . . simply amazing . . . This is better than a Le Carre novel!

(And no - it isn't the embassy's duty to help anyone escape a murder suspect . . . where do you get this rubbish from?)

• Like 2

Ah, the plot thickens . . . now it is not only the Muslim insurgents involved but now also the Swedish embassy . . . simply amazing . . . This is better than a Le Carre novel!

(And no - it isn't the embassy's duty to help anyone escape a murder suspect . . . where do you get this rubbish from?)

Well, it was right there on the OP. It would be beneficial to read the tiny article before posting.

The Embassy contacted the Thai Immigration police looking into passport number - it turns out that the person in question left the country two days earlier. Yet they issued a new passport.

The embassy was not helping the murder suspect, but the brother who "lost" his passport.

I hope we can get some more information on why Muslim "insurgents" (terrorists) are helping this family out and who in the Thai government is complicit in a murders escape. I know it is common for rich people to get bail for murder but I would "follow the money" and look at the prosecutor and police very closely, just to make sure nothing illegal on their part contributed to the escape. It may not be obvious to the police but there may have been a conspiracy carefully orchestrated by the suspect's family.

The only thing positive to come out of this is that young Mamood may have to spend the rest of his life in Sweden and will not be available to participate in the civil war in the South.

Being that the kid's last name is Mamood a Musluim name, I would suspect that possibility that he had family connections if not religious connections to the insurgents. That could explain the reason for taking that route.

This guy's origin is mideastern ....not thai...

I would bet that he is christian too...many christians in the middle east have 'muslim' surnames ....

A Christian with a Muslim name (and nose) being aided and abetted by Muslim terrorists ?.................C'mon get real .

• Like 1

This is not an uncommon means by which to escape from thailand for people who get bail. If it is not done with family members passports it is done with friends who have similar appearances and are flown over. I have not heard of this escape done for a murder case though, usually for drug charges.

I think it will be harder in the future, just last week flying into Cambodia they scanned all ten of my fingers and scanned them on the way out along with taking photos. I have seen this starting to happen in other countries as well.

This guy's origin is mideastern ....not thai...

I would bet that he is christian too...many christians in the middle east have 'muslim' surnames ....

A Christian with a Muslim name (and nose) being aided and abetted by Muslim terrorists ?.................C'mon get real .

The OP states he entered Malaysia via a Thai immigration post. Does anyone believe his story that he was able to contact an insurgent cell for assistance, who are notoriously secretive, when he could just use public transport. He has also set himself up for major grief as will likely be interrogated by a national security agency in Sweden to ascertain the truth of his claim.

• Like 2

If you read the post you will see that he had the obvious aid of his family.

If you reread the original story the father was with the younger son but the article said she. Let's face it this article is so full of holes to be almost unreadable.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app