Tops Supermarket In Hua Hin?

coralia

Nope, there isn't.

There is a big Tesco Lotus in Market Village (the main shopping mall in Hua Hin so far I would say)

There is a new big and very nice Makro in the Northern part of Hua Hin, has made the dreadful Tesco trips completely unnecessary.

There is a Villa Market center of town on the mainroad.

There is a large supermarket called G Supermarket (I think) up across the railway on Chomsin road.

There is a new Tesco Lotus Express South of town around Soi 114.

I'm sure there are even more, but for me Makro is definitely the high point over the last years.

• Like 1

I think I rememger the Villa supermarket, I guess it was already there in 2004.... But they didn't have a salad bar, or peeled and cut fruit - the sort of thing I tend to associate with Tops. We are tourists planning to stay at a hotel (so we won't have a kitchen) and we are not keen on restaurants... Are there any options for us? As for the Makro - how far is it from central Hua Hin? We won't have a car, that's for sure. I'm willing to walk around quite a lot, but carrying food around in hot weather can be a problem... I don't remember what kind of "public transport" there was in Hua Hin... buses, songthaews?

Thanks all.

I think I rememger the Villa supermarket, I guess it was already there in 2004.... But they didn't have a salad bar, or peeled and cut fruit - the sort of thing I tend to associate with Tops. We are tourists planning to stay at a hotel (so we won't have a kitchen) and we are not keen on restaurants... Are there any options for us? As for the Makro - how far is it from central Hua Hin? We won't have a car, that's for sure. I'm willing to walk around quite a lot, but carrying food around in hot weather can be a problem... I don't remember what kind of "public transport" there was in Hua Hin... buses, songthaews?

Thanks all.

don't like restaurants and no kitchen in hotel, have you thought about renting a condominium short term. Usually costs less than a hotel, most rental companies could arrange daily housekeeping (towel change, bed linen etc.) and you will have a small kitchen. Just an idea...

Thanks all.

don't like restaurants and no kitchen in hotel, have you thought about renting a condominium short term. Usually costs less than a hotel, most rental companies could arrange daily housekeeping (towel change, bed linen etc.) and you will have a small kitchen. Just an idea...

Thanks for the suggestion... but quite honestly, if I have to cook, I might as well stay at home...... For me, one of Thailand's charms is precisely the fact that I can find exactly what I want to eat (especially fruits and vegetables) at Tops, ready to eat... Well, I guess we'll end up in Pattaya or Chiang Mai againsad.png .