Help For Oyvind Holmen

Trembly

I was woken up at 10am by a chap called James on the phone telling me that Oyvind Holmen from Norway had a motorcycle accident and is currently in a very critical condition at Srinakarin Hospital in Khon Kaen.

His Thai wife, who was riding pillion, is unconscious and is in a critical but apparently stable condition.

I barely know Oyvind. I spoke to him once when I commented on what a nice bike he had outside the Bangkok Bank branch in Chiang Yuen, Maha Sarakham. We swapped numbers but never followed up.

If I remember correctly he and his wife (who is a nurse, I think) live in Chiang Yuen and he also has a brother or nephew living in Nong Bua Lamphu.

When I spoke to him over a year ago he had just bought his red Honda CBR 250R second hand but almost new.

Oyvind appears to be in his 50's.

I have tried to look up the Norwegian Asssociation in Khon Kaen to no avail. James is currently trying to contact the Norwegian Embassy.

If anyone knows who I am talking about and knows how to contact his friends and family and / or his wife's friends and family please do so as I was given to understand that his life is literally hanging in the balance as we were speaking.

Oyvind Holmen's mobile number : 0850048647

ICU Srinakarin Hospital Khon kaen.

I hope he's alright!

The Norwegian Embassy is responsible for that. Contact them. The Norwegians have an exellent Embassy as far as I know. I'm passing through Khon Kean on Monday on my way to BKK. I don't know him, but I could stop by the Hospital and see how I could help e.g. getting contact information and go to the Norwegian Embassy....

Otherwise I have no idea....sorry.