It's Started Already

CRUNCHER

6p.m. this evening the nutters in bars along Beach Road had their water guns out spraying evreything in sight, And it is still 2 days to Songran. Saw 2 near accidents where motor cycles were sprayed in less than 100 yards.

Fun is fun, but this is the annual madness. About time the authorities got some sanity and a sense of proportion into the celebrations. I can dream I supose.

• Like 1

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean there is no throwing buckets of water on Soi Siam? You gotta be joking, right? If there isnt a stupid farang throwing water, then there is a stupid bar girl. Fortunately, the little kids havent developed their aim yet, so can sometimes miss them.

Interesting. It seems really slow to start in Jomtien . No barrels of water in waiting at the curb yet. Along soi 6 Thepassit rd towards foodland there was no evidence of anyone preparing...yet,

I bet they will start todaysad.png

We were on Beach Road at Soi's 7 & 8 last night. No water thrown that we saw. Went to 2nd road for a last couple of beers and it was the same there.

In fact with the lack of Baht buses and people about last night, Pattaya seemed more like a ghost town.

Today I'm off to the shops to stock up and except for the football on Sunday, will not be going far after that.

You love Songkran or not. My g/f hates it, so there will be a few nights snuggled up in front of the television wink.png

Edited by pattayadingo

Interesting. It seems really slow to start in Jomtien . No barrels of water in waiting at the curb yet. Along soi 6 Thepassit rd towards foodland there was no evidence of anyone preparing...yet,

I bet they will start todaysad.png

I know I am living on soi 7 in Jomtien and it's noon and it's quiet as can be.

And the ones thinking this is the most exciting thing ever, is probably whiteskinned guys, weighing 120-150 kgs. Tattooed all over. And peasized brains!! As long as their teerak (longterm rent) is laughing, then it must be funny!! cheesy.gif

Hey, you got something against tattoos? And, for your information, that's "short-term rent". angry.png

• Like 1

That is the reason why I "ran away" to Malaysia on the 9th, too many crazy farangs in town just to cause havoc.

Every country has a festival of some kind but this is sheer madness.

"The Ballad of Brave Sir Robin"

"Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot.

He was not afraid to die, O brave Sir Robin!

He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways,

Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin!

He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp,

Or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken;

To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away;

And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin!

His head smashed in and his heart cut out

And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged

And his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off

And his pen..."

"Brave Sir Robin ran away.

Bravely ran away, away!

When danger reared its ugly head,

He bravely turned his tail and fled.

Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about

And gallantly he chickened out.

Bravely taking to his feet

He beat a very brave retreat,

Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!..."

"He is packing it in and packing it up

And sneaking away and buggering up

And chickening out and pissing off home,

Yes, bravely he is throwing in the sponge..."

• Like 1

Well they can't very well cancel Thai New Years just because of the crazy farangs down town. I just stay on the dark side and get a little wt when going to 7-11. Oh well i DON'T MIND THAT. jUST GET BACK HOME AND TAKE OFF THE WET CLOTHES.

The latest addition to Pattaya City council, Khun Phom Loo Farang Chawp Alie, has convinced the council to enact the following Songkran bylaw: All women between the ages of 18 and 40 must wear white T shirts, and are not permitted to wear brassieres. This bylaw is expected to bring in an extra 50,000 single male tourists. Source: The Daily Monger.

They only wear them so as not to look flat chested anyway, nothing inside them.

• Like 2